1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuck you !!!

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by lwien, Aug 15, 2013.

1. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard Accessory Maker

Fuck getting stuff stuck in my head too! Been there! And that free replay every minute that happens for a while after... fuck that too!

Yeah, I warned you!

[​IMG]

2. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  3. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I get a letter from the "MDX" - Miami Dade Expressway Authority. It shows a picture of a vehicle with my license plate number and it says I owe $3.50 in unpaid tolls. I expand the photo and I can see it's my plate number but the plate isn't from Florida, the car in the photo is white, mine is black and last but not least, my car is a Hyundai Santa Fe and the car in the photo is a Toyota.

I call the MDX and explain to the agent what I've found. They put me on hold and then instruct me to get a letter from the DMV explaining what cars I own and asking the DMV to explicitly state that I do not own a Toyota. Anyone ever gotten the DMV to do something quickly and correctly?!?!?!

For a stinking $3.50 I'd rather just pay it BUT if I do and that other vehicle gets into something more of a problem....... me, my credit card and my address will have been linked to that vehicle by my own actions. Can almost here it now...if it's not your vehicle why did you pay the fine?

So in the spirit of this thread.....FUCK MDX, FUCK the DMV and I expect eventually the end result will be FUCK ME!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  4. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

That sucks. As a matter of law, THEY are the ones who must prove you (your vehicle) violated the toll provisions. (Not only as basic due process, but also because it is not possible to prove a negative.) But, what good does that do you for $3.50? Are you really going to take a day off to fight such nonsense? In my state (CA), theoretically, each such citation requires an actual person review the photo to make sure it is "correct". While it doesn't help much, at least there is a guy who signed off on the charge who can be looked to if there is an obvious error like yours.

If you can mail in payment, I'd use a check with an endorsement limitation stating this is not your vehicle and you are paying under protest. That should make sure you are not linked to the vehicle at all. If paid by credit card, I understand your concern. However, if magic bad happens, the worst it will result in is a question or two from the cops. Everyone would understand why you might have made the choice to pay. (If you have a commercial license, that is another issue as civil violations might give you points.)

All that being said, I await the day our robot overlords have speeding cameras everywhere in the states as they do in the UK:

[​IMG]

5. His_Highness

Take a day off to fight this....oh, hell no. I'm not going to pay it either. I'll do what I can from the confines of my home office by trying to work the DMV over the phone. In the meantime I'm going to contact the attorney general, governor, etc.

My biggest gripe is that I can plainly see it isn't my car and if the MDX doesn't have access to the DMV records to see the same thing .... they should.

When it comes to these kind of situations I always try to fight the good fight. Can't help it....it's how I'm built.

6. OldNewbie

Many state legislators have an ombudsman who deal with such things as voter services. Send it to the offices of those who represent you.

7. His_Highness

I contacted a lawyer for some free advice. The advice was "Don't let being in the right cause you to make things harder for yourself by turning this into a bigger problem than it already is. Just try using common sense and the least time consuming approach. That doesn't mean you have to follow their advice and involve the DMV. Start with taking pictures of your car and license plate that can be compared to the photos they have on file showing the vehicles differ and submit the pictures when you fill out the dispute form. Save the fight for when you really need it while showing a good faith effort to correct the issue."

Common sense and a government agency?!?! Fuck it....I'll give it a try. What could possibly go wrong:worms:

8. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

9. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

Sometimes the person on the other end needs to come up with a solution, path or workaround. :hmm: Been in many situations like that and glad I went in with the attitude of "How can WE solve this unusual problem?" Instead of levying charges. :goon: :lol:

Hopefully it is a common enough of a clerical error that it won't reach time wasting proportions or you will see too much of 'how the sausage gets made' experience. :rolleyes:

Alright Somebody gets a Fuck you for today. How about????
    Overaggressive overzealous Collection Agencies who are too stupid to go after the right person and think they can use harassment and threats to collect on a debt. So some scumbag or sadsack with bad credit misses a payment and some other random person with a similar phone or name gets a target put on their back. I have a friend with a very common name who is neither a car or home owner. But they get the occasional nasty call.

His_Highness, macbill and GreenHopper like this.
  10. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

My married name is a common name. Twice when we were young, several decades ago, we were supoenaed to court over some property we allegedly owned in an affluent area of town. We had no connection with the property we were being sued over. It turned out that the guy they were really after had the same name as my husband. We both had to go to a lawyer and sign an affidavit declaring that we were not them.

They just got our mailing address from the phone book. The guy they were after had an unlisted number. Fuck them for being so lazy in identifying the correct party.

11. OldNewbie

Google "malicious prosecution" and your state. I suspect such a casual link would give you case to sue them for any damages you may have suffered. While there are probably not enough damages to be worth your while:

[​IMG]

CarolKing and CuckFumbustion like this.
  12. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I'm in Canada and the two incidents took place around 1977.

13. His_Highness

I filled out the MDX dispute form and included a picture of the back of my Black Hyundai along with a close-up of my license plate AND a copy of my registration. In the comment section I requested they compare the pictures of the White Toyota to the ones I uploaded. I also referenced the registration where it shows the license plate was issued to me in 2009 for a black Hyundai. It only took one day for them to respond back that they reviewed my documents and my account has been cleared of the false charges. Didn't have to get with the DMV after all!

Guess I'm off the hook till the next time that white Toyota screws up again. In keeping with the thread purpose....Here's a big ol' proactive FUCK YOU IN ADVANCE WHITE TOYOTA!

14. OldNewbie

While Canada has the same tort, I guess I didn't read your first post carefully enough to know how long ago it happened.

Click to play YouTube Video

15. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

In the '80's I received a parking summons in the mail saying the violation was at a 'park and ride' lot in Mahwah, New Jersey, approximately 18 months prior. The summons was sent by one of these outside services the state sometimes uses to chase down deadbeats, etc. I had never been in that parking lot, rarely even driven through Mahwah and the car listed was a make and model I had owned several years before the violation, but had sold and had transferred the plates to a different car. I lived about 1-1/2 hrs from Mahwah, in another state. The 'ticket' was for $65.00, and of course was a summons to appear in court. I was pretty pissed off and called the court. A clerk told me I could either pay up or show up to defend myself, nothing could be handled through the mail. So, to defend myself would have required a day off from work and a days' hassle. I, very reluctantly, paid the ticket, just to be over it all. I guess I'm still not totally over it all.
    So, a big belated FUCK YOU! to New Jersey, for this and, oh, a few other reasons.

GreenHopper, duff, CarolKing and 6 others like this.
  16. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A big fuck you to the bastard that stole my birthday bike. For many years I told people I knew how to ride a bike and it was a half truth, never could make a left turn. Some very good friends learned of this deficiency and got this for me to complete my education. Came out to the backyard in the morning and nothing there but a depression on the leaves. Hope you run into a tree you scumbag!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  17. duff

duff Well worn

@almost there
    Click to play YouTube Video

And fuck left turns too.

18. almost there

Thanks duffman, everything is better once u can laugh at it. This really made my day. U know I never did learn that left turn, it takes a little longer but I just circle around :uhoh:. I have the same problem snowboarding but there's no circling around in that unless u mean horizontally
    Edit- a very good friend is going to give me a foldable bike he's not using so I can just keep that in my boiler room. All is good in the world again, thanks for the support!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  19. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

can't turn left on a bicycle? I don't get it

RUDE BOY likes this.
  20. almost there

I got on a bike in my mid 30's and didn't return to it till close to half a decade later. Never was a fast learner to begin with

21. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

22. fågel

fågel ᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜

fuck you to all of ye who dont believe exist because i'm fucking here and i'm fucking existing. i generally love fc but i fucking hate being reminded there are always gonna be ppl everywhere like this. anyway.:chill:
    fuck being so sick. fuck my mom being so sick. fuck both my parents getting different blood cancer diagnoses within 1 year. fuck having to live *here* for so long when it was supposed to be for just 2 months. jesus.

but fuck yes. my sweetheart & best friend will be here in a month & i'll be in my new place (fingers crossed..) & we will vape so fucking much. makes everything worth it. :peace:

23. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

Fuck having a hangover and being at work. Fuck alcohol :doh:

(but it was worth it:evil:)

24. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

You just need a "Konterbier" ;)

25. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, you are so right! But i have to wait, my Job is not "Beerable" ;) (would be an interesting experiment to drink one here....)

GreenHopper, StormyPinkness and Hogni like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors