Fuck you !!!

grokit

well-worn member
Fuck you to the lethal combination of ignorance and fear. Add religious and political ideology and you have the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. If anything is capable of destroying humanity, it is likely this terrible combination of destructive attitudes and world views. Is it even possible to hold them at bay?
The son of Yahweh needs to return as prophesied, to save the rest of us from His followers.

Last edited:

ragnorak71

Fuck you to the lethal combination of ignorance and fear. Add religious and political ideology and you have the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. If anything is capable of destroying humanity, it is likely this terrible combination of destructive attitudes and world views. Is it even possible to hold them at bay?

interesting. for me, all four come under the heading of 'everyday encounters' since you will meet them pretty much everywhere. then again, since i see humanity as metaphorically unicycling around the edge of the evolutionary volcano whilst juggling you are probs bang on about the apocalypse

in fact, fuck humanity

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Holy fucking shit!!! We just had a 4.2 earthquake centered about 9 miles from my house!!! :o Way to start off the 4th of July with a bang . . . :uhoh:

Edit: My house is approximately in the small red circle on the map with the epicenter being the big red box . . .

screenshot_2015_07_04_at_09_50_34.jpg

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Fuck the trophy points system for forgetting my Birthday points... Back in February.:rant:

I thought it was me. Got the alert that I got bday points...but never got em. As my wife says "long as it's something important".

Sorry about your ordeal DieHard. We are animal and dog lovers in our house and have come close to similar situations. Very brave and kind of you. No good deed really does go unpunished. Hang in there and good luck....the many scars where I've been bitten by dogs over the years will ache in brotherly sympathy for you. :)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@t-dub can't believe I've been watching news on three networks all morning and not a mention of a quake in Oregon yet.
They really just barely even mentioned it here. Fortunately one local station was broadcasting the news at the time and they interrupted the feed for a live blurb where I was able to grab that screen shot. They said they would have more at 5 PM . . .

UPDATE: All Eugene/Springfield fire crews are conducting neighborhood tours to assess if there was any structural damage following the 4.2 earthquake that struck east of Springfield.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Fuck . . . How's all your Glass ?
No damage . . . :)
So, @t-dub I have to ask. Are they fracking near there? Of course, the answer is YES. http://drillfrackingnews.com/SpringfieldOregon
That website gives no specific locations or any real information. None of those pictures are from around here and even though they claim to be "The Official Guide for Hydraulic Fracturing Locations in Springfield, Oregon" they don't list a single one. You can tell they fill in their canned text with names of different areas. If you hit the "Breaking News for Springfield" link you get a bunch of crap that doesn't even apply to here.

I have lived here for a very long time and we don't have that kind of activity here. The area of the quake was up Camp Creek Road which is forest and river. We do have many small hydroelectric plants on the McKenzie however.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yep, you are right. There is apparently no fracking currently happening in the area. At least in April, your legislature was working on a 10 year ban on fracking. I couldn't find anything more current.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...makers-debate-proposed-fracking-ban/25447359/

I would bet this proposal gets a lot more interest since this earthquake occurred...

"Two oil companies already have leased 16,000 acres in Oregon's Malheur County and want the option to drill hydraulic fracturing wells there, Rep. Cliff Bentz, R-Ontario, told the House Committee on Energy and Environment."

But FUCK FRACKING anyway, as there are MANY places that it is causing environmental issues, including earthquakes.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yep, you are right. There is apparently no fracking currently happening in the area.

The article you linked clearly states: "There currently are no hydraulic fracturing wells in Oregon."

It also says the oil companies want the option to start fracking. This means it hasn't been granted.

So its not just the area, its the entire state. I would expect our legislature to not allow this kind of activity here and I bet the 10 year moratorium will be put in place since the House Committee On Energy and Environment recommended a "Do pass with amendments" and referred it to the Joint Committee on Ways and Means which assigned it to a subcommittee on natural resources.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/HB3415

Last edited:

lwien

Yeah that's like a weekly occurrence around these parts as well.
No fracking necessary, the ring of fire keeps things interesting all on its own :tup:

I was born and raised here in SoCal. For me, anytime the ground shakes, I'm more in awe rather than in fear of the forces of mother nature and kinda just enjoy the ride while it's happening. Weird eh?

grokit

well-worn member
I was born and raised here in SoCal. For me, anytime the ground shakes, I'm more in awe rather than in fear of the forces of mother nature and kinda just enjoy the ride while it's happening. Weird eh?
When I was nine I rode out the san fernando quake (1971, 7.1), and was too young to be scared. I remember standing on my bed and looking at our cinderblock backyard wall collapsing, that's when I realized this was serious business. Since then they have gradually become less and less fun for me.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am always fascinated by the Macro behaviors of Mother Nature. Earthquakes, Volcanos, Hurricanes, Tornados, are all amazing, and I LOVE being out in a thunderstorm or heavy snow (especially with thundersnow). But one only needs to see the devastation from Mt Saint Helens, or the aftereffects of the 1989 quake in San Francisco area to realize that Mother Nature ain't kidding around and she can do some seriously scary shit. And those are just some of what we have experienced locally, that barely compare to the Earthquakes in Chile and Pakistan and China, or the one near Sumatra that caused the Tsunami that killed so many thousands.

So, as much as I love and respect the earth Mother, FUCK HER when she gets crazy and feels the need to remind us how little we are, and how we are likely just temporary visitors to this planets geological history...

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
So, as much as I love and respect the earth Mother, FUCK HER when she gets crazy and feels the need to remind us how little we are, and how we are likely just temporary visitors to this planets geological history...

"Mother Nature always bats last." - some annoying local weather guy this past winter when we had seven feet of snow in the front yard....(see, this is why I hate sports metaphors! :lol:)

Top Bottom