• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Like sick people don't have enough problems, we have to deal with the idiots who treat us and dispense our medications too. :disgust:

2eyffog.jpg
I'm not trying that with my inhalers :lol:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Like sick people don't have enough problems, we have to deal with the idiots who treat us and dispense our medications too. :disgust:

2eyffog.jpg
Uh ...don't knock it till you try it:ko:. Co-Pay on this med is $50.+ SO YOU ARE REALLY PAYING UP THE ASS. The script is just telling you to "put your money where your mouth is".

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
@mvapes – sorry to hear about your latest batch of hell. Been stalking you for a while now and wanted to thank you for your insight, power and inspiration:cry:. I too am a victim of PD; my wife was recently diagnosed with an atypical form of PD - PSP and/or CBD (still all TBD!). So when you feel a bit better the BarnBoy would like to buy you one of these tasty treats I found in Flagstaff AZ…

oaqfOtg.jpg

Much better than anally taken inhalers… (co-pay up the ass or not, F-ME!)
-BB

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@mvapes – sorry to hear about your latest batch of hell. Been stalking you for a while now and wanted to thank you for your insight, power and inspiration:cry:. I too am a victim of PD; my wife was recently diagnosed with an atypical form of PD - PSP and/or CBD (still all TBD!). So when you feel a bit better the BarnBoy would like to buy you one of these tasty treats I found in Flagstaff AZ…

oaqfOtg.jpg

Much better than anally taken inhalers… (co-pay up the ass or not, F-ME!)
-BB

Hey there,

Your reply brought tears to my eyes. You and your wife? When were you diagnosed?

Welcome to my family here. I'm happy you were brave enough to come forward.

My case is mostly internal, inside tremors throughout my right side with dystonic spasms in my abdomen. It's only recent that the tremors in my right hand became constant. Because of my fear of facing it I waited too long for physical therapy.

I was told during evaluation for dbt surgery that there was concern about my speech. The doctors said that they felt spasms and tremors in my diaphragm which could in turn create speech and possible breathing issues. This was at the movement disorder clinic in Gainesville. Like an idiot I paid no mind to it and probably have learned techniques for that situation. I figured it was only because I was instructed to stop all medicine for 24 hours prior.

That was the point that everything became real. I realized how important the levadopa and ropinarol are. My gait was closed and my balance had deteriorated quickly.

What's funny is at the time I was only dosing 5 times a day. Now, I eat levadopa like it's candy.

But you know what? People like you and your wife make it easier. People like my friends in this thread and on this forum who have painful illnesses. Some mental some physical but we all have something in common.

We all have a fight ahead of us. I can't vouch for anyone else but I'm gonna need all the fucking support I can get.

So please, stick around and chat.

BarnBoy

Reformed Combustor
Last month, kids don't know yet. The problem with this diagnosis is that it is one that is made by not being anything else. We are still doing tests and already on basic PD meds. In a fit of rage one night I happened to stumble on your post and was hooked. Many smiles and tears. And as you might have noticed, still reading some of the ones from the beginning, passing out LIKES as I venture forward with you...
More to come my friend(s)...
-BB

EDIT: @mvapes - not both of us. Just wife with diagnosis in process. Family and friends are also victims of PD... (Sorry for how I worded my first post on your thread)

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Last month, kids don't know yet. The problem with this diagnosis is that it is one that is made by not being anything else. We are still doing tests and already on basic PD meds. In a fit of rage one night I happened to stumble on your post and was hooked. Many smiles and tears. And as you might have noticed, still reading some of the ones from the beginning, passing out LIKES as I venture forward with you...
More to come my friend(s)...
-BB

EDIT: @mvapes - not both of us. Just wife with diagnosis in process. Family and friends are also victims of PD... (Sorry for how I worded my first post on your thread)

It took a little while to get a final diagnosis. It started a while ago as what they thought was restless leg syndrome, then it was essential tremor until I started shuffling my foot and not noticing it.

Then everything started to make sense. Finally they gave the clinical diagnosis after my DatScan showing that my dopamine production was depleting.

I lived in a shell for a while thinking I was a hero and had everything under control. Long story short, I wasn't and I'm still not. I don't give a shit what anyone says, a lifelong disease is fucking scary!

Wanna laugh? I'm jealous of my older friends. Especially if retired. Golfing, swimming, tennis, you name it - this is Florida, land of the old. So why would I be jealous? Cause, what the fuck are my senior years gonna be like? Hard to say. Medicine has come a long way but I honestly believe that stem cell is what will fix it. Hopefully our government takes their heads out of their asses and do something for the neurologically ill.​

It's mind boggling that most doctors know more about fucking donkey shows than they do about fucking movement disorders.

On another note - dabbing helps! :D

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
4:20 is coming !!!
The itinerary is set, the festivities are almost planned, banners being painted and I'm secretly hoping that @dorkus_molorkus will clip some of his body hair off and not wear his mankini before we take some happy snaps for y'all to enjoy.
We get to celebrate a day earlier than you guys, so I'm hoping we will set the mood !! Our day is kicking off at 8am with a breakfast if champions and we shall toast and vape you all to bring health (a cure for PD and RA for starters), wealth and so much more important HAPPINESS.

Dorkus is very excited, when we were talking about 4:20 day festivities, I think he even let out a little bit of wee wee. He's (or she... Pending on the mood) done an awesome job of setting the bar HIGH

She is 21 now. But she got them when she first moved in a couple years ago.

In Eugene on a "valentine's sale" day apparently . . . :rolleyes:

Guys I actually caught this a while ago, I think I wrote about it. Its just been a while since the confrontation to now actually getting the laser on her skin. I have been waiting for this moment for a long, fucking, time . . .
What's the tattoo of ? Is it the image you dislike or just tattoos ?
I think arm tatts on girls is not a good idea unless you can rock it like Lara Croft.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@dorkus_molorkus' parties are legend here. I anxiously wait for the pictures every year. Especially the ones he posts before he's thought about it a while. :D

I've tried to channel him this year and am having my own party. Unfortunately, I don't have his flair and style.... it will be a pale comparison. I've heard rumors that he has a pinata filled with an eight year old boy and cans of baked beans......

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
We are painting the pinniata on Friday, he did tell me that I'd need to pick up 'a few' things on my way to his place.
But as far as size of said pinniata goes, I thought it was huge when I saw the paper mâché ball, which I'm glad as it gives me options just in case I can only find a larger child or may have to resort to an animal.
Something like a goanna and a cat would be entertaining to try stuff into a large paper ball.

** we are planning on having Skype hooked up. I will need to find my Skype name or get Dorkus one.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
When I was very young my mother had a lot of problems. She was living miserably in the closet in fear of ridicule. Anyone would be depressed in that same situation. It was much different times. With that being said my first five or six years were spent mostly with my Grandmother. Nanny has been and always will be an angel to me. She was there to comfort me when I needed love. She was there to protect me from hurt when my mother didn't realize that she was taking her pain out on me. Nanny was awesome, if there was a toy I wanted then damn it, she was getting it. She always made sure I had the best of the best as far as clothing too. No matter what, even after my mom straightened out her life and mended her relationship with me my Nanny was still my buddy. Shit - she told me about the birds and the bee's, with no filter mind you when I was fucking 10.

One of my greatest memories is when I introduced Nanny to my wife she asked if we could get her laid. So glad my wife has a sense of humor. This memory is followed by the times rolled joints for her and she would sneak a puff when ever she could. For the glaucoma of course.

I got a call today from my mother. She told me that since my grandmother's surgery she has taken a turn for the worse. She stopped eating and drinking. She is septic and has completely lost her memory. Her blood work yesterday showed that her sugar levels were above 400 and she hadn't received insulin for day's. My mother made the toughest decision of her life today. She decided against the feeding tube and to let my nanny go to sleep.

My heart aches with sadness as everything is becoming real. I know she's going to a better place and ultimately this is the best decision but at the same time I'm losing me, "Nanny".

My mother said "I'm losing my best friend" - I cowered and fell to pieces when she said that. I need to maintain strength for my mother because she needs all she can get. For the last 10 years my mother has seen Nanny every single fucking day aside when in Florida with me. And even then my mother partner, my step father Maggie would not miss a day in my mother's absence.

It would mean a lot to me if everyone could ask their higher power to make the trip easier for her. To help her get the comfort she needs.

It's so hard being their in NYC and I'm in Florida. I don't know when I have to go - it's a cruel waiting game.

Thank you guy's for listening to my rant but if I didn't get this out i was going to break.

Top Bottom