Fuck Combustion...for cigarette smokers

doubledown

Hey herbgirl! Glad you joined the ECF, I'm doubledown over there too. I never found the tobacco flavor I was looking for and settled into something I love even more. But saying that, there are lots and lots of people over there who seem to love tobacco flavors from several venders. Right off hand I remember positive reviews from FSUSA, Backwoods Brew, and Alien Vision. I tried a couple of the ones from FSUSA and never liked em, but lots of people do. Someone also makes a virginia slim sound alike that many marlboro ex smokers thought tasted close to their old analog. Can't remember who but I'll put it up if I do. Good luck and welcome to the club. Oh and good choice on the Riva for your first. It is a great intro or full time vape and allows you to get your toes wet for very little dough without sacrificing quality :2c:

doubledown,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Lo, i'll keep that in mind. referring to essential oils vs fatty type oils right? i just did a tiny bit of vg with a few drops of oils and a few of everclear. seemed to work so far, but i'll take note, good to know!

Doubledown, thanks for the suggestions. My husband is actually very recently quit. with all the shit hitting the fan in our lives lately, it's good to know we can fall back on the riva instead of running to the liquor store for some smokes.

i am desperate not to start up again so I'll stick with the non nic juices, but mr. herbgirl might be interested in some low nic juices.

herbgirl,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Shoot me an email Herbgirl. I could send you a couple low nic samplers. I'm not a tobacco flavor fan but I do have a signature tobacco sampler and might be able get a couple others at a meet up tonight. Holler at me ;)

Lo,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i didn't search for too long on that site, but i have a quick question, i thought it might be faster asking it here.

what are the operating temps that these atty's run at?

any in the 360F to 400F range?

would a PG/BHO mixture work out like an electric joint?

OO,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Lo, done thanks!

OO, no clue about the temps, but i am working on an e-juice based on the everclear wash from 4 sticky zephyr ion bags. I'll try that first, but i will probably end up having to make a glycerin tincture and add some everclear tincture to make the right vapor and effect.

took a shot of the golden everclear that i used to wash out the bags and put it in a small glass of iced tea haven't even finished with it and lemmetellya WOOO HOOO! THINGS ARE SPARKLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! it was so quick!
Ravens game is starting to sound weird too. boy that shit's potent!

herbgirl,

Lo

The attys run less than 200 degrees, most around 140-165 from what I'm told...it varies a bit depending on atty & voltage.

Many of us have experimented with homemade juices but alas...the lovely oils we seek seem to clog attys pretty quickly. I've played with some methods that work better than others but never worked as I'd hoped. I think a centrifuge would be nice but I have none lol.

Also experimented with JWH ejuices and that does work well though hard to dissolve I just don't like that stuff myself.

I'm on way out door but somewhere there are threads here with discussion, link to another site with a recipe and the VapePen scientist dude gave us a cluepon somewhere. I think BHO might be a bit better and closer to what the pros were making for their special MMJ ecig.

Lo,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Well i am back in the e-cig game guys, started smoking again and picked up my habit to the worst its ever been so i did what any sane vaporist would do...

I ordered a puresmoker Icon and some lr 510/306 attys w/ juice and other goodies.. FUCK COMBUSTION!

Oh yeah and man i want a weed e-liquid that is potent enough to feel effects on 5 puffs.. i dont think its possible for us simple folk :(

Survivalism,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
OO
what are the operating temps that these atty's run at?

any in the 360F to 400F range?

would a PG/BHO mixture work out like an electric joint?

i hope she doesn't hate me for linking to her picture, but it is soo cool.

This was created by ECF user Candre23, using some sophisticated math and a test group of Senior ECF User Ralph T (who created the original wattage chart in the thread), (need to bump up the magnification to see the numbers)
wattage.png

i have no idea whether this can be correlated to temperatures, but, bumbling forward anyways...
Could honey oil be mixed 30/70 with PG, and vaped in an e-cig at "higher wattage?" (would higher be better?)

over on ECF they show how to twist up their own atomizer coils...if stock ones use nichrome 60 and fire-rated rope as wick material, would that need to be changed?

:brow:

man, what a difference even one day makes on t-break, and this is so exciting, partly because i've also used the chart to target a combination of four-point-someting volts (using NiMh AA batteries), and does a 510 atomizer in the NR range of 2.3-2.9 sound right?)

this topic really excites me...i've seen testimonials, but no one saying it knocked their socks off. LOL

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
herbgirl said:
Lo, done thanks!

OO, ....i am working on an e-juice based on the everclear wash from 4 sticky zephyr ion bags. I'll try that first, but i will probably end up having to make a glycerin tincture and add some everclear tincture to make the right vapor and effect.

took a shot of the golden everclear that i used to wash out the bags and put it in a small glass of iced tea haven't even finished with it and lemmetellya WOOO HOOO! THINGS ARE SPARKLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! it was so quick!
Ravens game is starting to sound weird too. boy that shit's potent!

If you want to give up some of that yummy stuff to the e-cig e-juice experiment, i would suggest removing both the alcohol and the water then adding PG...what do you think? (and, would any water mean "emulsion," and would that effect the wicking of the e-juice to the coil? or could the emulsion be thin enough to flow through the wick - and you won't neccessarily even see the wick on yours, but there;s an atty mod called t-bagging - you've probably seen it..did i say a bad thing just now?

I've gotten hits, in my weed vape, of ISO alcohol recently, and I didn't like it. Wouldn't you want to remove alcohol if it's for an E-Juice?
(i hope you meant e-juice for e-cigs...but, it sounds quite nice as it is, I won't blame you for putting off the e-cig experiment)

--------
oh, i just had a flash, what about...close the return holes, and...just DAB *budder directly onto the atomizer coil (remove the wicks, and close the return holes) - you'd have to hold it up as you take a hit, but could it work? would the BHO hold it's shape and so stay in place as it's being boiled off?

or could we replace the thin nichrome or hang a titanium cup in the ceramic cup? could it get hot enough with just batteries, (small batteries, M. Hippie),

OvalAtty3.jpg

(i could imagine a teabag cover for quickly converting to e-juice)

*am i correct in characterizing budder as hash or BHO oil that's been out-gassed or boiled to reduce the hydrocarbon content then aerated as it cools to give it body, and then crumble it if it got dry enough?)

VWFringe,

Lo

Lol.. I couldn't magnify my screen enough to read the chart.

Here's the direct link: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/469/wattage.png

It's true you don't want to be vaping alcohol though teeny amounts are used in some flavors or to dissolve menthol crystals...too much and you'll get a major headache. I used both PG & VG as well as blends for my attempts. I've tried using alcohol to extract and then reconstitute as well.

The issue I find is that the goodies we want from our herb are oils and they don't do well on the atomizers. They will work for a bit but really do clog the atomizers making them worthless after a pretty short time.

Even my best batch was just okay as even though it worked you couldn't vape long before atty is useless.

Lo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
EDIT: I met a guy who bought some and said it didn't work, but I don't know that it was the same as this place. I'm leaving this picture up because pictures are always nice.
UM, I JUST REALIZED HE WAS USING JOYE 510 ATOMIZERS, INSTEAD OF THE VAPE PEN, SO...MAYBE THAT MAKES A BIG DIFF...I'LL CALL AND REPORT BACK

======================================================

local collective is selling blue dream e-juice for vape pen - you could try calling them to ask how many puffs it takes to get medicated...?

Nice Dreams Collective Caregivers www.420passion.com
phone# 714-264-5738

http://vape-pens.420passion.com/menu.php

2ypdsh3.png

VWFringe,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I've put together a 5 volt "mod box" that uses rechargeable double AA's, just a basic battery box from radio shack for two bucks with a momentary switch rated for 2 amps molded into some empty space in the box with JB Weld painted black with Sharpie.
The battery connector, where the 510 atomizer screws in, was hack-sawed off a dead battery

i am a Diplomat of Ghetto Vapes

p-1295809664.jpg

p-1295809970.jpg

Video's of it's use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zttqq-Z_lf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71pVtR4ng6U

4*AA's (~5.5 volts)
$2 battery box
$4 switch
battery connector hack-sawed off a dead 510 battery

Joye 510 atomizer, 3.2 ohms, $7

this is what they call high voltage, and it really burns the flavor and tastes bad if I leave it on for more than a few seconds, but just letting it heat up for a sec then taking a quick two or three second hit, and releasing the trigger just before i stop drawing, produces an exhale volume similar to a cigarette, and taking it in is pretty close too. the vapor is much warmer than a mini-cigarette battery.

this is just so much better than the starter kit i bought at the liquor store
closer to cigarette on the following points:
throat hit
volume of exhale
warmth of vapor
short inhales, more like a cigarette

...and i've even grown away from wanting the tobacco flavors already, running out of my sample of mango, everything i liked about a cigarette without the parts i didn't like...i find i want to vape much longer than i want to smoke, so i guess i have to get lower potency stuff next time.

I had sized this atomizer to 4.5 volts, but it hits so much better at 5 volts.

p-1295811562.jpg
p-1295811652.jpg
p-1295811671.jpg
p-1295811697.jpg
p-1295817422.jpg
on a fresh charge it reads 5.7 v

VWFringe,

hereatlast

Can one of the experienced ECF'ers recommend a simple, lower end model to start with? Skimming through this thread I'm pretty overwhelmed with information, ECF is clearly a great resource but a little hard to approach at first.

I'm looking to finally and fully kick the habit in the coming months and it sounds as if an e-cig may be the most logical route (never liked the gum). In short I'm just not sure where to start: cartridges, atomizers, etc.? Where are the units themselves? Any consolidated advice someone can offer? Or even a specific product recc.?

hereatlast,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
hereatlast said:
Can one of the experienced ECF'ers recommend a simple, lower end model to start with? Skimming through this thread I'm pretty overwhelmed with information, ECF is clearly a great resource but a little hard to approach at first.

I'm looking to finally and fully kick the habit in the coming months and it sounds as if an e-cig may be the most logical route (never liked the gum). In short I'm just not sure where to start: cartridges, atomizers, etc.? Where are the units themselves? Any consolidated advice someone can offer? Or even a specific product recc.?

I get most of my shit at http://www.freedomsmokeusa.com/ im all about their thin mint juice!!

For starters, I would recommend the Ego (510) with some low resistance attys (and start dripping)

A lot of people swear by cartomizers but I dont like em much. Filling actual carts is more trouble than its worth

FSUSA has good, inexpensive juice and they sell the ego kits as well as others

Fine what you like, then upgrade accordingly. and ask away.... We are all here to help!!

JDSupreme,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
http://www.madvapes.com/510-eGo-XL-Kit-with-Carrying-Case_p_2704.html
and you might also like
http://www.madvapes.com/Dripper-Tips_c_204.html
down the line you can get a USB pass through so you can puff away by the computer without using a battery or in your car with an adapter. very useful.

when you order liquid i would probably recommend 24mg of nicotine and from the madvapes site check out a bunch of different flavors in smaller quantities as you are experimenting with what you might like. "top banana" is one of my faves.

look for a coupon code, i think madvapes is strell but not positive.

jeffp,

hereatlast

Thanks for the tips guys, gonna try and order one of these 510's soon. I can see myself upgrading after time but ultimately the point is for me to quit, 'analog' first, then nicotine all-together....we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure I'll pop back in here for more advice on units and flavors...I'm not trying to do the DIY thing so thanks for the 'juice' advice.

'Dripping' sounds like it may come with the risk of ruining batteries and/or making a mess, what's the easier more approachable way? Thanks again!

hereatlast,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Don't laugh but I've been using cartridges lately (screwed into the atomizer) and I apply liquid to the cartridge which of course wets the atomizer but obviously not as much.
The hits are good but not as intense but I still like it. Seems to prolong the health and life of the atomizers, they're very easy to clean and dirt cheap to replace.
This approach is the exact approach you will read in the instruction manual to the Ego. There's drip tips with the attys, and cartomizers and you can even drip tip into a cartomizer
and these are all very good and I tend to alternate how I vape but this "conservative" approach is actually very nice.

Bottom line is no matter how I do it I'm four months off of cigarettes now and I really owe it directly to a few friends from FC.

Yesterday I went to my doctor and he was so impressed with this whole thing that he brought in another doctor from the practice and a few nurses for them to watch my demonstration.
I didn't mention "fuck combustion" etc., but I was about to before I bit my tongue, thinking "don't push it."

jeffp,

Lo

Woot!! Congratulations Jeff :) That is awesome!!

It is a process of trying things and finding what works for you. Good luck Hereatlast!! Holler if you get stuck.

Lo,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
After a few months of searching through hundreds of pages on ECF, I still am at a loss of what e-cig to purchase for my Mom. From the information I've gathered, the e-cigs that most resemble a real cigarette generally have poor battery life and poor vapor production. That being said, she wants to be able to use it in public without people questioning what she's doing. Can anyone here recommend a good e-cig that somewhat resembles a real cigarette that also delivers decent vapor? With Mother's Day around the corner I think this would make a nice gift.

AgentofChaos,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If it was necessary for an ecig to resemble a cigarette in terms of quality the only thing that I can think of an Ego with a white battery and brown atomizer cover and drip tip.
It should be a manual battery.
Something like this -
https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-ego-all.htm
Lo I feel is the FC resident expert on ecigs; she may be able to provide a better suggestion but I think this is a good one.

jeffp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Mothers day was weeks ago here- I did well to remember :lol:

I can recommend the ego tank design. It's easier for some one not used to dripping and filling carts etc in that it uses 1.1ml tank cartridges (refillable, but more infrequently than other model designs, or replaceable), although I think you can now get a 2ml size as well. ego-T or Tornado-T (for Tank!)

Doesn't look too wild or attention grabbing-v similar to 1 linked above. Little bit bigger than a conventional cigarette though.

WatTyler,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Lo said:
Woot!! Congratulations Jeff :) That is awesome!!

It is a process of trying things and finding what works for you. Good luck Hereatlast!! Holler if you get stuck.

Lo, a belated thanks. It was actually the influence of MJ that led me away from cigarettes. As you had suggested early on, I should NOT try and quit smoking but rather integrate ecigs into my routine and just see what happens. I was going back and forth, now and then I would use the ecig and enjoy it. Then one night after finishing a PD stem it was time for a cigarette.
On one end of my teenage coffee table was my pack of homemade filter cigarettes cranked out with a cheap machine stuff into Premiere tubes, and on the other end was the ecig.
I went "hmmm.....maybe I'm in the mood for this." Then I went "hmm....actually this is good, this is actually NICER than a cigarette. It's the same but CLEANER."
Wow, I can quit with this - I bet I can do it. If I had to spend a whole day with nothing more than the ecig would I be climbing the walls or even suffering in the slightest? No, absolutely
not. This can be done.
At the tail end I was smoking one cigarette in the morning and it was usually a let down. I thought it was going to be better but it wasn't. It was just crap and it gave me a headache.
Eventually last October I was away for the weekend and on that weekend it occurred to be only in retrospect that I had gone a full day without a cigarette without even thinking about it.
And that was it - i was done with smoking.

I have a few friends who still smoke and they hang here sometimes and I don't like them smoking here but I don't want to be a dick about it so I don't hassle them. Once in a while I look at their cigarettes and I want one but it's only an appetite, not a hunger.

jeffp,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Thanks guys, the Ego looks pretty good, I like the mouthpiece. Wondering if you guys know anything about the Bloog, specifically the MaxxFusion? It's well reviewed and also looks similar to the real thing, haven't seen much about it on ECF though.

AgentofChaos,
Top Bottom