• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Friends that hate vapes / Vapor?

OO

Technical Skeptical
I know one guy who recently tried the genie that is used to smoke although not everyday, and he really felt the difference once he got in his car... what i don't know for sure if it was the high thc vapour, or the high cbn of instant temp change in the herbs, but he said he didn't realize he was that high and now he's extra cautious with it. haha.
I find that if he didn't realize it immediately, he's dealing with the typical late onset effect of vaping. I think most vapes are capable of this effect, though it comes easier with some than others. I suspect it is the effect brought on by the lower boiling compounds. This effect is far different than the X-factor which is instantaneous head change. This is a late-onset effect.

People who are conditioned to the immediate head change that combustion brings have a hard time making the association with late-onset effects, or so my observations would lead me to believe. They often prefer the X-factor. That being said there are also those who don't get late onset effects, and for them it appears to be X-factor or nothing.

Damn I totally didn't realize this thread blew up afterwards lol. I'm happy to report that since I got the cloud I haven't had a friend not like vaping. There is no way they can say that huge tasty bong rip of vapor wasn't good lol.

AdmiralAlpacha

I've don't think I've every had anyone hate it (if they did they didn't say it).

But it has taken time for my friends to fully appreciate them.

AdmiralAlpacha,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

I think in most cases they are finding it weird at first rather than hating them. I know I always get laughed at when I break out a Volcano bag.

Tweek,

kingtut106

Damn I totally didn't realize this thread blew up afterwards lol. I'm happy to report that since I got the cloud I haven't had a friend not like vaping. There is no way they can say that huge tasty bong rip of vapor wasn't good lol.

I think it is impossible to not love a cloud even if you hate vapes haha

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I hope a turtle craps on you. :spliff:

:uhoh:

P0DBwUw.jpg

salamanderfish

Interestingly half my friends don't seem to understand or believe that vapor is actually less harmful than smoke and stay away from it because it is "too intense"..lol I've also had people try and tell me that it's less efficient than smoking, that it's "for the week" or that it's a fad.

sucks to be them

People are pretty ridiculous :lol:

GKritz

Interestingly half my friends don't seem to understand or believe that vapor is actually less harmful than smoke and stay away from it because it is "too intense"..lol I've also had people try and tell me that it's less efficient than smoking, that it's "for the week" or that it's a fad.

sucks to be them

People are pretty ridiculous :lol:

It really is amazing. Even after you explain it to them they just can't handle what they hear.
People REALLY don't like change regardless of the outcome.

misanthrope

I find that if he didn't realize it immediately, he's dealing with the typical late onset effect of vaping. I think most vapes are capable of this effect, though it comes easier with some than others. I suspect it is the effect brought on by the lower boiling compounds. This effect is far different than the X-factor which is instantaneous head change. This is a late-onset effect.

People who are conditioned to the immediate head change that combustion brings have a hard time making the association with late-onset effects, or so my observations would lead me to believe. They often prefer the X-factor. That being said there are also those who don't get late onset effects, and for them it appears to be X-factor or nothing.

This is how it works. Noob friend has a few hits of vapor - little or no immediate effect. Noob friend immediately rolls joint, smokes it. Noob friend attributes the immense cumulative stone that catches up with him to the joint and not the vape.

Noob friend is mistaken.

Another classic I've heard is that "Vape stone doesn't last as long" - Really? I have hit the SSV once, I become useless for an entire evening due to being too stoned. Have a joint and I generally want another one in an hour or so.

(We'll call him B)

There is simply a line.
Do you want to get high? - or - Do you want to get healed?
Most people "unfortunately" smoke out of pop can their first time, as far as I can tell. So it would make sense you acquire a sense of class, and an awareness of your temple and how you treat it over a period of time. My fiance is an enigma, she refused to smoke, and only would vape when she started wit da ganjas mahn.

my gf had some resistance at first but now she only wants to vape. Although I threw a gram on a blunt the other day lol I only hit it a few times though just to make them happy.

VapeNStone,

Nooky72

Dog Marley
I have introduced some of my "hardcore smoker" mates to my Extreme Q with mixed results, some of them love it yet still continue to smoke heavily cos they like the "roll a joint, smoke a joint ritual / sensation", which as an ex-smoker I totally get but the vapour hit is so amazingly pure & different to me that I believe I am actually healthier & fitter than I have ever been in my life. Other friends have become full converts to the appeal of the vapour cloud, which is great cos my kit was getting disproportionately hammered in terms of usage

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
^Oils are getting noticed by some of my construction friends. Former tweakers were onboard first.
Torches and swings turn off a lot of ppl, especially gal pals. The wood vapes are easiest to push onto my bong buddies. I heard an AA-guy saying vaping minimized his urge to drink volume (me2 for that matter)

I have some older union Bruvs that look at it like it's from mars. They grew up on combustion. Old dog, new trick, all that. Note to self: Should show them the PD instead of the iolite. If they don't see clouds it won't do it for them I don't think, mental block or something. (again me2. To hell with clear vapor)

Vaping is kind of technical. And technology is better adjusted to the most recent generation? Our grandkids' kids' will make fun of ppl who used to put smoke actually INSIDE their bodies on purpose.

Is there anything you can smoke but not vape? Shit, the news was warning against ppl vaping Vodka!
Probably vape a lot more things than I would pack inna bowl.

Outlaw Farmer,
Reactions: VapeNStone
yea some people are just stuck in their ways or they just simply don't have the "time" as they say it. I can usually tell if a person will be interested right away or not. I have convinced a few people to get a vape and to like it. But I don't have anyone that I can really hang out with and vape. They do it when they are at my house because that's what I got, but they wouldn't care to get there own some day. Like I said some of my friends have bought a vape, but usually it just sits in the corner to rot. I have not a one connoisseur out of my friends, nor even someone that is close. Which is why I really want to do a FC meet up so that I can meet some more people that really appreciate vapor.

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
yea some people are just stuck in their ways or they just simply don't have the "time" as they say it. I can usually tell if a person will be interested right away or not. I have convinced a few people to get a vape and to like it. But I don't have anyone that I can really hang out with and vape. They do it when they are at my house because that's what I got, but they wouldn't care to get there own some day. Like I said some of my friends have bought a vape, but usually it just sits in the corner to rot. I have not a one connoisseur out of my friends, nor even someone that is close. Which is why I really want to do a FC meet up so that I can meet some more people that really appreciate vapor.
That sounds lonely? If you get near Purdue University PM me, we'll vape out. My treat. ;pd;

And this Lotus_vape just might be the perfect cross-over tool! Old smokers will definitely identify with that! ALOT like hitting the pipe just like in high school. (man I'm getting old)

Thanx FC for bringing Lotus back to my attention. I had passed those over In the past but a video here of it hooked to a bubbler is changing my opinion.

Outlaw Farmer,
Reactions: VapeNStone
That sounds lonely? If you get near Purdue University PM me, we'll vape out. My treat. ;pd;

And this Lotus_vape just might be the perfect cross-over tool! Old smokers will definitely identify with that! ALOT like hitting the pipe just like in high school. (man I'm getting old)

Thanx FC for bringing Lotus back to my attention. I had passed those over In the past but a video here of it hooked to a bubbler is changing my opinion.
Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm usually the one vaping people out lol it would be nice if just one person could return the favor the same as I did. Yea that gif had me change my mind on the lotus as well.

Top Bottom