1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Friends that hate vapes / Vapor?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by VapeNStone, Aug 21, 2011.

1. OO

OO Technical Skeptical

I find that if he didn't realize it immediately, he's dealing with the typical late onset effect of vaping. I think most vapes are capable of this effect, though it comes easier with some than others. I suspect it is the effect brought on by the lower boiling compounds. This effect is far different than the X-factor which is instantaneous head change. This is a late-onset effect.

People who are conditioned to the immediate head change that combustion brings have a hard time making the association with late-onset effects, or so my observations would lead me to believe. They often prefer the X-factor. That being said there are also those who don't get late onset effects, and for them it appears to be X-factor or nothing.

misanthrope and Roger D like this.
  2. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Damn I totally didn't realize this thread blew up afterwards lol. I'm happy to report that since I got the cloud I haven't had a friend not like vaping. There is no way they can say that huge tasty bong rip of vapor wasn't good lol.

t-dub, ShipDit and Enchantre like this.
  3. AdmiralAlpacha

AdmiralAlpacha Well-Known Member

I've don't think I've every had anyone hate it (if they did they didn't say it).

But it has taken time for my friends to fully appreciate them.

Tweek likes this.
  4. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I think in most cases they are finding it weird at first rather than hating them. I know I always get laughed at when I break out a Volcano bag.

5. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

TIFTFY!

momofthegoons and Tweek like this.
  6. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I hope a turtle craps on you. :spliff:

havealight101 and momofthegoons like this.
  7. kingtut106

kingtut106 Well-Known Member

I think it is impossible to not love a cloud even if you hate vapes haha

VapeNStone likes this.
  8. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

:uhoh:

[​IMG]

Enchantre and Tweek like this.
  9. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

^^^^^^^^^ Now Pakalolo , Quick....Throw that turtle poop at Tweek .

Tweek and pakalolo like this.
  10. GKritz

GKritz Active Member

A Cloud can make a believer out of anyone

11. salamanderfish

salamanderfish Well-Known Member

Interestingly half my friends don't seem to understand or believe that vapor is actually less harmful than smoke and stay away from it because it is "too intense"..lol I've also had people try and tell me that it's less efficient than smoking, that it's "for the week" or that it's a fad.

sucks to be them

People are pretty ridiculous :lol:

12. Enchantre

Enchantre A short, pithy statement

Pakalolo, this is why you are such a good mod - you'll go out, risk life & limb, to contribute POOP to a discussion.

:tup:

RUDE BOY, VapeNStone and pakalolo like this.
  13. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Hey everyone poops right?

Enchantre likes this.
  14. GKritz

GKritz Active Member

It really is amazing. Even after you explain it to them they just can't handle what they hear.
    People REALLY don't like change regardless of the outcome.

salamanderfish likes this.
  15. misanthrope

misanthrope Well-Known Member

This is how it works. Noob friend has a few hits of vapor - little or no immediate effect. Noob friend immediately rolls joint, smokes it. Noob friend attributes the immense cumulative stone that catches up with him to the joint and not the vape.

Noob friend is mistaken.

Another classic I've heard is that "Vape stone doesn't last as long" - Really? I have hit the SSV once, I become useless for an entire evening due to being too stoned. Have a joint and I generally want another one in an hour or so.

16. (We'll call him B)

(We'll call him B) Well-Known Member

There is simply a line.
    Do you want to get high? - or - Do you want to get healed?
    Most people "unfortunately" smoke out of pop can their first time, as far as I can tell. So it would make sense you acquire a sense of class, and an awareness of your temple and how you treat it over a period of time. My fiance is an enigma, she refused to smoke, and only would vape when she started wit da ganjas mahn.

Enchantre, VapeNStone and Roger D like this.
  17. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

my gf had some resistance at first but now she only wants to vape. Although I threw a gram on a blunt the other day lol I only hit it a few times though just to make them happy.

18. (We'll call him B)

(We'll call him B) Well-Known Member

Sexy ladies Love To Vape!

Enchantre and VapeNStone like this.
  19. Nooky72

Nooky72 Dog Marley

I have introduced some of my "hardcore smoker" mates to my Extreme Q with mixed results, some of them love it yet still continue to smoke heavily cos they like the "roll a joint, smoke a joint ritual / sensation", which as an ex-smoker I totally get but the vapour hit is so amazingly pure & different to me that I believe I am actually healthier & fitter than I have ever been in my life. Other friends have become full converts to the appeal of the vapour cloud, which is great cos my kit was getting disproportionately hammered in terms of usage

VapeNStone likes this.
  20. Outlaw Farmer

Outlaw Farmer Stealth Mode Engaged

^Oils are getting noticed by some of my construction friends. Former tweakers were onboard first.
    Torches and swings turn off a lot of ppl, especially gal pals. The wood vapes are easiest to push onto my bong buddies. I heard an AA-guy saying vaping minimized his urge to drink volume (me2 for that matter)

I have some older union Bruvs that look at it like it's from mars. They grew up on combustion. Old dog, new trick, all that. Note to self: Should show them the PD instead of the iolite. If they don't see clouds it won't do it for them I don't think, mental block or something. (again me2. To hell with clear vapor)

Vaping is kind of technical. And technology is better adjusted to the most recent generation? Our grandkids' kids' will make fun of ppl who used to put smoke actually INSIDE their bodies on purpose.

Is there anything you can smoke but not vape? Shit, the news was warning against ppl vaping Vodka!
    Probably vape a lot more things than I would pack inna bowl.

VapeNStone likes this.
  21. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

yea some people are just stuck in their ways or they just simply don't have the "time" as they say it. I can usually tell if a person will be interested right away or not. I have convinced a few people to get a vape and to like it. But I don't have anyone that I can really hang out with and vape. They do it when they are at my house because that's what I got, but they wouldn't care to get there own some day. Like I said some of my friends have bought a vape, but usually it just sits in the corner to rot. I have not a one connoisseur out of my friends, nor even someone that is close. Which is why I really want to do a FC meet up so that I can meet some more people that really appreciate vapor.

22. Outlaw Farmer

Outlaw Farmer Stealth Mode Engaged

That sounds lonely? If you get near Purdue University PM me, we'll vape out. My treat. ;pd;

And this Lotus_vape just might be the perfect cross-over tool! Old smokers will definitely identify with that! ALOT like hitting the pipe just like in high school. (man I'm getting old)

Thanx FC for bringing Lotus back to my attention. I had passed those over In the past but a video here of it hooked to a bubbler is changing my opinion.

VapeNStone likes this.
  23. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm usually the one vaping people out lol it would be nice if just one person could return the favor the same as I did. Yea that gif had me change my mind on the lotus as well.

RUDE BOY and Outlaw Farmer like this.
  24. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

Make new friends VNS! Look me up if you come to the sunshine state!

25. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

He has great oranges, apparently. Nice big ones.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors