Friends that hate vapes / Vapor?

Bon Dog

the problem for me is just the cost of it (not saying I'm against it at all, just haven't gotten a personal tape yet). and i don't wan a spend money on a shitty one that i will want to upgrade, plus i have just moved and tbh the first thing on my stoner 'to get' list is a small bong, its just more reliable and versatile... not to mention cheaper for a descent one, but in the next month or so i should be getting my bonus and will buy a MFLB :brow:

Keegan

When I initially started vaping I can't say I was a fan.

The first vaporizer I ever tried was a cheap whip vape that plugged into the wall. My buddy who owned it didn't explain anything to me about how it worked. He just said suck on it. I tried but I didn't realize I had to suck on it for atleast 10 seconds. I was just used to lighting a bowl or a bong quick and getting my hit in a few seconds. Also I didn't know that vapor isn't as thick as normal smoke so I didn't think I was getting a hit. This vaporizer I'm sure did get me high but we were also smoking as we vaped so I wasn't able to tell.

The 2nd vaporizer I tried (the first one I bought) was a vape-or-smoke. The vape-or-smoke is a butane based vaporizer which I wouldn't recommend. I liked this vaporizer a lot when I first got it but I had a lot of issues with it sticking and not working right. It just had a lot of glitches and flaws IMO. After these 2 experiences I was really turned off to vaporizing.

Years went by before I got into vaporizing again. About a month ago I really did my research and ended up buying an arizer solo. I've got to say the vaporizer industry has made some serious progress with making more affordable high quality vaporizers. I love my solo.

The biggest issues my friends have are how much longer it takes to get a quality vapor hit vs smoking.

My advice to you if your introducing a new person to a vaporizer is first to make sure your in a good place to do it. Don't try to teach your buddy to use your vaporizer when your on the move with a lot of other stuff going on. It's just going to make things more confusing for them. Another thing I've found is when your vaping outside its difficult to see the vapor so a new vaper may not think they are getting a good hit and say fuck it. You have to explain to them what to expect. How to work vape, What kind of hits to expect, how to tell when it's gone, how long it will take to feel the effects, etc..

Vaporizers can be confusing and sometimes overwhelming to a new person. The more you explain to a person the better. I know I wish i had more help when I first got into them. some people aren't going to listen but there's nothing you can do about it. More vapor for you :)

I have friends that don't like vapes/vaporizing. I have friends that have vaporized, but prefer combustion. And I have friends that like vaporizing, or own vaporizers. It doesn't really affect me. At my house, we vaporize. In general, smokers need to go outside or in the garage. Sometimes we break the rule for the occasional bong or dry pipe hit, but it's rare. Anywhere else, I'm happy to bring a vaporizer/my own stash

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
From my perssonal exp to try turning my friends on Vape(the all smoke tabaco/joint)
1)They are addicted to nicotine.
2) They mess the haze from nicotine with MJ and beleve they are not getting stonned of the vape, I had to force one of them to avoid to smoke for one day and only vape.. the very next he bought one VG!!
3) And the last problem after the first try on mostly any vape they fail and give up on trying!

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I bought my vape august 10th. Sure, it worked from teh start and got me high, but all my stoner buddies solely smoke and I too am a long time smoker cigs included, so i sort of stowed it away for a month. Came back to it late september, and ive been stoked ever since! I cut my usage in half too (this includes the amount that i throw in to smoke with friends)! Very happy camper here!

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I started to vapeing because I kept getting caught by my neighbors and the police! I have kids now so stealth is key. And so far I haven't been able to convert any of my friends.. Try as I may.. They either view this as a luxury y(but hey so we're lcd tvs) Or its not easy, and their lazy... And man I would love a walnut launch box. But I got a regular one. Now that would be a luxury!

Cereal_MF

Im considering getting the walnut, using that for my herb and then usin the standard box for trying out new herbs and vaping a lil tobacco since im tryin to ween off of smoking. Until then, the only thing that goes in my launch box is ganj.

Also i have a buddy who goes thru atleast a quarter every week. I really want him to start vaping..

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am surrounded by smokers, and have an arsenal of vapes, and have a hard time getting anyone interested in more than a hit now and then. My man even prefers to smoke, though he loves hitting the Cloud. I WISH I had more vape friends around. I have to say that until recently the choices for vaporizers that actually work well was pretty limited and expensive, so I can see why it's taking so long to catch on. With new vaporizers hitting the market and all the different portables coming out, it might convert a few folks before too long, just because they actually work. I tried vaping off and on for years, and just didn't get it. I always went back to smoking. I mostly used the box/whip style vapes, tried one of the globe style that was a complete waste of herb. It also took vaping for more than a few times, to really understand and appreciate it. Technology has come a long way since those days, and I think this may be the barrier that is needed for some to cross over. The cooler and more functional the vaping devices get, the more people will probably want to try it. There will probably always be a dividing line though, due to the simplicity of smoking in general.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've just kind of accepted that my friends will switch to vapor once they come around the way I did. There just comes a point where you are so sick of just flicking a lighter and inhaling. That's when people start looking around and come across vaping and realize how great it is. As long as your still happy with the recreational/medical qualities you are getting from smoking it's a "not-broke-don't-fix" situation and vaping will never be more than a passing fling with them.

Too bad really

Cereal_MF

Ultimately for me id smoke a whole bowl of nug, upwards of half a gram and even if i was overly medicated it would not help satiate me. In fact i was almost in despair at this issue aince it was becomming obvious that smoking more weed was not the right fix!

So i gave vaping another shot and im so happy i did because .1g of not even superdank will put me where i need to be for a few hours.. happy hapes =

vapirtoo

All of my mj only peers have welcomed vaporization as a healthier way of using herb.
These geezers are all in their 60's, and love the new feelings in their lungs and taste
buds.
My son's younger college age friends liked the vapor, but are still caught up into their
own get high culture which doesn't emphasize vapor. Blunts and other forms of
combustion are their preferred modes.
I believe vaping might be on their horizon.

Cereal_MF

You kno youre making progress when u smoke a bowl but after that u just really want a vape hit full of thc! I really am convinced at this point that when smoking u are feeling the side effects of many chemicals being released instantly, conversely many are destroyed. With vaping you have so much more control over what u want whether thats mainly thc or cbds. Also 1g lasted me a little over 3 days since ive been primarily vaking, and throughout the day each day no less! If i was only smoking id be thru doublr that, easily!
Also, ive really come to understand who my real friends are, as well as seriously think about my future!

Tweek

lol oh yeah, I have this problem all the time! My friends are either old school or get weirded out when I pull out one of my contraptions. Sometimes I get a bit embarrassed and just smoke a j instead, but I'm trying to stand my ground more often...by reminding them not to complain when they are smoking someone else's herb :D

Cereal_MF

Yea dude its absurd to let their reactions embarass you. They just simply arent in on it... iys actually pretty crazy to think about someof my friends smoking habits where they go thru a quarter in less than a wrek.. i get just as high as them, probably almost as frequently and an 8th has been lasting me well over a week since i started primarily vaking. With that said, i too feel awkward about vaping around then because i might as well smoke with them if even just for the social aspect of it.

Schulzey

My friend bought a DBV years ago, he then got my friend onto vapes who bought a Extreme q.
The extreme q was first vape I used and loved the shit, I then bought a DBV.

Since then, all my friends loved vaporizers first time, except one friend who was content on bongs, after a while of trying to convince him to vape he bought a LSV.

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Don't be embarrassed, be unique! I only have one friend who has a vaporizer but its not a high quality one (it works fine and thats all he wants), but he's a smoker too of cigs and herb, probably smoking herb slightly more than he vapes it. He says he "Just likes anything with THC and the other actives" I can relate because I still find combustion enjoyable, but I like everything about vapor better and only combust on my own for a change of pace usually when I have plenty of herb, thats where we differ. With that being said, I think I love being "the vape guy" to people i know. I love knowing how much more advanced, controlled, and efficient vaping is and then thinking of myself as unique for being a vaporist.

When other people try my vape I usually get them to take a pretty good number of hits holding them in, so the intense head high hits right about when theyre about to say theyre not feeling anything...:rolleyes:

Cereal_MF

I really hope that as i vape more n combust less, that i can also quit my cig habit. Last year i stopped buying packs and started buying loose baccy instead. Now i plan to stop buying that, but if i do buy more i plan to just vape a little if i get a bad craving.. i gotta say i am excited that ive crossed over to an overall healthier path! And 420 is totally compatible!

We need to accept that we,the Vapor People,are just a bit more evolved that the Smokeys. We smoked,we coughed and we found a better way. Anytime I'm at a party and see some cat properly using a nice vape I kinda gravitate that way. Same interests and all that. :cheers:
As the most advanced of our species we must make every effort to enlighten those who evolution has left behind.
As Cannabis Professionals,it is up to us to find ways to tease every subtle nuance out of the herb and to enjoy our friend Marijuana to it's fullest. As they play with fire,we shall dive headlong into the future!:argh:

WTF was I saying.....?

Oh yeah,all my friends are retarded bastards who I hate. Damned lucky I still tolerate their Amish asses.

*Note to self,the drugs took firm hold at around 10:50 am*

Basically we rule!

What was the question again?

Top Bottom