Friend puts onions on peanut butter sandwiches

2 Cycle

caught him making his lunch earlier today.. The peanut butter sandwich on rye was not out of the ordinary but he sliced up a vidalia onion and put them all over the sandwich as well. Looked like hell, I couldn't believe he did that. Is this common?

Squiby

I had a High School teacher who ate a sandwich of sliced oranges and onions for lunch every day.

Who does that?

That's all I remember about him other than he was round and short. It was a long time ago. But I remember that sandwich.

Farid

This is so weird to me because onions are the only food ingredient I cannot stand. If they are cooked into food it's no problem, but the taste and smell of raw onions makes me gag.

Any chance either of those people are heart patients? Because I know onions and garlic are great for the heart, which sucks for me, since heart disease runs in the family.

little maggie

I don't eat raw onions but it doesn't seem odd. Almost everything goes with peanut butter- noodles, chicken etc. I think peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are a bit more common or peanut butter and cucumber.

Squiby

I think peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are a bit more common or peanut butter and cucumber.

Pickles go with everything!

Many many years ago, my sister-in-law and I were sitting around sharing a joint on a Sunday afternoon. Our tradition was to get high and then cook something. That day, the munchies had us making a pizza. So we mixed up and kneeded the dough, then let it rise. When it came time to assemble the toppings we realized that the fridge was essentially bare but we had cheese and we had pickles.

That was some of the best weed and one of the best pizzas I ever had in my life.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
caught him making his lunch earlier today.. The peanut butter sandwich on rye was not out of the ordinary but he sliced up a vidalia onion and put them all over the sandwich as well. Looked like hell, I couldn't believe he did that. Is this common?
  • Crunchy or smooth?
  • Fried or raw?
  • Red or white oinions?
  • Crusts or no crusts?
  • Did they use butter or just the peanut butter?
  • What kind of bread?
Enquiring for a friend :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mr.Newton

Expert human.
I used to eat them all the time.An excellent crunchy taste.I really like them.Have eaten them for years.In fact now that I see this post I'll be buying onions this Thursday when I go shopping.

BD9

Almost everything goes with peanut butter- noodles, chicken etc.

Pickles go with everything!

I agree with both of you. I'm a peanut butter fiend. When I was a kid peanut butter and pickle sandwiches were common in our house. I love a side of pickle(s) and tomato with a meal.

@2 Cycle I'm just not sure about the peanut butter and onion. Even if the onions are sweet Vidalia and I have a pretty experimental palate.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The Onion and Peanut Butter Sandwich Experiment

Ingredients:
  • Cranberry Raisin And Cashew Bloomer
  • Red Onion
  • Whole Earth Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • Bertolli Olive Oil Spread
Process:
  • Thinly slice onion
  • Cut 4x medium thick slices of bread
  • Toast two of the slices of bread
  • Butter bread
  • Apply layer of peanut butter to all slices of bread
  • Apply onion
  • Devour
Conclusion:
  • Toasted peanut butter and onion sarnie was delicious
  • Un-Toasted peanut butter and onion sarnie was also delicious (the cashew nuts in the bread were more evident)
The peanut butter was definitely the most predominant flavour but onions came though as a sort of sweet aftertaste. I really liked it.

ixf4KGd.jpg

xDWJWgP.jpg

pVhiK3Y.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The Onion and Peanut Butter Sandwich Experiment

Ingredients:
  • Cranberry Raisin And Cashew Bloomer
  • Red Onion
  • Whole Earth Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • Bertolli Olive Oil Spread
Process:
  • Thinly slice onion
  • Cut 4x medium thick slices of bread
  • Toast two of the slices of bread
  • Butter bread
  • Apply layer of peanut butter to all slices of bread
  • Apply onion
  • Devour
Conclusion:
  • Toasted peanut butter and onion sarnie was delicious
  • Un-Toasted peanut butter and onion sarnie was also delicious (the cashew nuts in the bread were more evident)
The peanut butter was definitely the most predominant flavour but onions came though as a sort of sweet aftertaste. I really liked it.

ixf4KGd.jpg

xDWJWgP.jpg

pVhiK3Y.jpg

Needs mustard ;)

Top Bottom