Friend has a whip, how scared should I be?

2 Cycle

He grabbed a long bull whip at the flea market and now thinks he is an Australian crocodile guy? he is a loose cannon type who is a bit nuts and he has been snapping the whip near my face. Will this thing just sting or could it knock a tooth out?

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
You do not want to hang around with a loose cannon kind of guy, unless you like trouble. I threw all people like that out of my life 20 years ago and everything became nicer and better.

However, my grandpa had a bull whip and even though I am not sure if it can knock out a tooth, it is still able to cause severe injuries to the skin, eyes and fingers. I would stay away from both: The guy AND his whip. ;)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
My oldest brother made a bull-whip in high school, back in the sixties when adults apparently didn’t give a shit, honestly what teacher would think: 16 yo boys + whip project = no problem? Anyway, of course he brought it home and needed to practice/terrorise my other brother and sister. So he tells my brother to stand still to see how close he could get without hitting him. Anyone see a potential problem here?

Those little leather strips at the end of the whip left a mark on his leg that’s still there 50+ years later.

I obviously don’t know what you look like @2 Cycle IRL but you come across as a very handsome and charming bloke here at FC. I’d hate for you to lose an eyeball or gain a facial scar that scares children.
I would steer clear of this loose cannon at least until he maims (or at least draws blood from) some other innocent bystander and begins to loose interest. Don’t risk it, listen to @Diggy Smalls on this!

2 Cycle

I have decided to approach the situation with great hesitation. He is a friend, but he is a cowboy wanna be type. I fear that any wry comment towards him could bring out his whip. Guy needs to calm down

Top Bottom