Fresh2- Odor Eliminating Light Bulb

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i came across this product today and figured i'd share it with the FC community. apparently its a odor eliminating fluorescent light bulb named the Fresh2. the reasoning for why it works is a Titanium Dioxide coating on the bulb which releases deodorizers when the bulb is turned on. i figured this would be really useful for my room at home since its a smaller space and odors are much more noticeable and also my dorm room at school. i think im going to buy one but off of the website topbulb.com seeing as how they sell them individually instead of packs of two. i've read several reviews online saying that the product works. what do you guys think?

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I have one of those http://www.anionlight.com/Products.asp?Category=1
017 and 019 and they work a lot.. I've heard people are using them in micro and mini grow rooms cause they have both PAR and eliminate odor :) Mine are 1.5 years old and still working :).
Here they have a nice catalog.. http://www.anionlight.com/download/CERTIFICATE/CATALOGUE(NEGATIVE ION AIR PURIFYING LAMP SERIES).pdf
Ozone generators eliminate odour too , so does Ona gel :).. Modern days cannot complain about lack of odour control :)

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
very interesting man. thanks for pointing this product out! they claim to be an alternative to using chemical based air fresheners... but the wording of releasing deodorizers when the bulb is turned on makes me wonder a little bit.

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9925268

note the "1" in the blue field under health effects. this is mild, but still worth noting.

Acute effects:
Slightly hazardous to skin (claims it's virtually harmless in this respect) , eyes, (irritants) ingestion and inhalation. this is the one that makes me wonder here... it's deodorizing the air for us? ie putting particles of TiO2 into the air??

then over an extended period of time the chronic effects:
- It's a mutagen for mammalian stomatic cells
- *may be toxic to lungs, upper respiratory tract, with repeated exposure potentially leading to targeted organ damage.(lungs and upper respiratory tract)
- possible carcinogen (tumorgen) based on animal data.

check out section 11 under special remarks on other toxic effects on humans for more info :)

I question a lot of the products we have on the shelves and how good they are for us. soaps, perfumes, makeup, deodorant etc... we willingly put these things on us without knowing what they are exactly or what their potentially dangerous effects could be.

weedemon,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
by the way,
i just purchased a set of two Fresh2 bulbs from this website here. They actually have a special sale at the moment with the 2-pack where the price is reduced from $25.99 to only $16.99 and if you also use the discount code discount2011 you will receive 10% off the purchase. Hopefully i will get in my order in within the next week and report back.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
just thought i'd report back about the Fresh2. i ordered it Tuesday and was at my house already by Friday. first initial thought, looks like any normal light bulb. when i screwed it in, it has a very clear clean white light that was definitely brighter than the previous light bulb i had in above my desk. i decided to put it in a light socket right above my desk seeing as that is where i do all of my vaping and herb handling. within 5-10 minutes i could already tell that my room smelled less herb-like and more like...nothing lol. it definitely does not mask odors and eliminates like marketed. im convinced that it works and is unbeatable for the deal that bowmanlamps.com had for selling two bulbs for $17 instead of the usual $26 on the original Fresh2 website, this deal is only good until January 15th but i highly recommend anyone to get in on this deal if they are interested. the true test for the Fresh2 will be when my girlfriend comes over and smells my room, she has a very "keen" sense of smell and tells me that my room usually smells like "boy" and "that-you-know-what"(herb) :D

HighlyEducatedScholar,

jaynick

although i havent tried these bulbs i do own an automotive detailing and restoration business. titanium dioxide is good stuff when introduced to a light source.

if anyone is interested in the chemical itself you can buy it online and atomize/mist it all over your room and every time you turn on the lights or the sun shines in it does its duty.

id probably only buy it by the gallon though, small bottles are ridiculously overpriced.

they use it in hospitals as a full surface deodorizer and light disinfectant. just leave the room when you spray it.

jaynick,

jaynick

oh also i would like to add that if you have a lot of odors and other gunk in the air they crystallize and turn white and fall to the floor. sooo...dont freak out when you find dandruff all over.

when i use Ti dioxide on smelly black leather cars theres white dust here n there 6 hours later.

my personal opinion from reviewing the links posted above for those bulbs is that they are gimmicky and a regular pair of quality cfl's and an annual misting of the titanium dioxide will do just as well or better, and a gallon of that product can cover a mansion for a few years, while those 20 dollar bulbs will burn out before then.
just my humble opinion from a fellow vaporist. ( notice im not shilling any particular brand i dont work for any of them i just believe in the product itself)

jaynick,

StickyShisha2

jaynick, do you have any experience with
00920028000_20091010080114090
?

my friend's autobody shop got it to "unstink" cars that came in for work.
he said it worked well on stinky AC vent systems

StickyShisha2,
Top Bottom