fresh to abv weight change

gettin lifted

psychonaut
i know this will be subjective since everyone vapes at diff temps and has different quality buds but i was just wondering if anyone ever did any fresh to abv weighing.

ive had a scale for a few years but since getting my newest one ive been going weigh crazy and was considering weighing out a gram, vaping it as much as i normaly would and reweighing it to see the weight difference.

what's your typical weightloss on youre abv?

it will take me a day or two to get this 1g vaped but i will let everyone know how much it weighs after vaping.

im just curious because everytime i use my abv to make anything i get blasted so i must not be vaping as thoroughly as i should.

gettin lifted,

steiner666

Serial vapist
If i recall, i think TokinGLX did this as part of his "1 gram challenge" video(s) on youtube. I think he only had a 0.1g accurate scale tho, so yeah, might not be too precise.

As far as your worries about gettin everything out of you abv, if you make edibles, tinctures, or qwiso with it, you can be pretty sure you're getting all you can out of it. but if you want THE most extraction via vaporization, i suggest looking into a HA. I see you have an ssv, and i was really really good with gettin everything i could out of herb with my ssv, but i can still get a couple bags of vapor out of the ssv abv in my HA.

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
At work, I do wet and dry weights of various feedstuffs, and I typically go down to 15-30% after freeze drying. I have a .01 g balance at home, so I'll participate.

As a very rough data point, I currently go through about an oz a month. At the moment, quality ranges from good > very good, and dryness ranges from pliable and sticky > bone dry. Consumption has remained stable since July this year (so ~5 oz as of the end of November). That yielded about 30 g ABV, around 20%.

Tom

tdavie,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
just got home and weighed out a gram of nice herbs. going to start working on my little science experiment.

anyone else that would like to join me please do.

:D

gettin lifted,

gvape

Interested in this as well. Imma pull up a chair and join the fun. :brow:

gvape,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
honestly, i think the best way to get the most out of ABV is to re-vape it! I have gotten very high, off of a full MFLB trench of some abv herb. I do this if I am low on bud. I also like the high better because its more of a CBN than THC high

Elluzion,

gvape

This is not so much getting the most out of it, but the change it weight. I think a big thing is to make sure whatever substance you are using is pretty dried out before doing this test so that the results are more even. I still have not gotten a chance to start this, but I will in the next few days to give my results.

gvape,

Baker_on_Tick

im working on it right now
1293178090016.jpg

Baker_on_Tick,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
In slightly over 4 days, I've gone through 4g. I have 2.1g after vaping and weighing, but it's definitely not dry; I would equate it more to alfalfa or hay that has been stored for a few years.

Tom

tdavie,

djonkoman

interesting experiment, I can't participate since I don't own a scale usefull for small amounts(only for cooking and for bodyweight)
but I doubt if this would accuratly say how much you get out of it, since even when it looks dry there's water in it and there are a lot of different things vaporized(terpenes for examople), not just cannabinoids

I think btw that I'm not getting all of it by far, I vape usually till it's lightbrown and my abv bowl even has some green specks in it
that's why I save it so I can revape it if I'm ever out(but that is not soon, since I grow, outdoor, so only a while before next harvest there's the chance I'm out)
or make edibles from it, altough then I need some unvaped weed to mix with it(while ago when baking cake and brownies with a friend he threw in the entire sack of abv, about 20 grams, in the butter for my recipe and I suspect he threw almost all regular weed in the butter for his cake, because the high wasn't that enjoyable for me, resulted in a lot of tiredness and apathic watching at the tv almost falling asleep, altough some of the others that ate it said it was really good, but I'm not too well at handling an indica-effect)

djonkoman,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
so my 1g turned into .3g. this is kind of what i figured and if the bud was totally dry i think it would be around 50% loss instead of 70%.

i have a gram sitting in my closet on a plate and am going to leave it until its bone dry and start over.

anyone else that wants to participate feel free to join in the fun. :D

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom