Frankincense anyone?

draakjeszijnlief

Does anyone here vape frankincense? If so tell me all about it :D
I have been really curious about it! What would be a good temperature to vape it at?
I tried it this afternoon on 120 Celsius (320 Fahrenheit) but it started to melt really quickly and my current vaporizer cant handle liquid nor go on a lower setting. (ordering a new one soon)
If anyone tried this i would love to hear your experiences!
Thank you!

draakjeszijnlief,

Farid

What are the effects? I have read about other people smoking it, but you can find information on people smoking just about everything. The reports said it tasted very nice and produced nice clouds, but not much was mentioned on effects, and I would want to research the safety before ingesting it at such a high concentration.

I have heard anecdotal stuff about it being used as a remedy for seizures in ancient times, but they did all kinds of crazy shit in ancient times.

Maybe if you vaporize it with myrrh out of a gold vaporizer it will unlock secret powers.

draakjeszijnlief

I have been vaporizing instead of combusting incenses resins for over a year now. I do this with an so called electric incense heater. The smell is super pure, since you don't have the smell and smoke from the charcoal anymore. I have been inhaling that smoke for a while, but it doesn't come close to vaporizing it.
It makes me calm and rather peaceful. I have been reading up on Myrrh and frankincense usage here: http://www.tripme.co.nz/forums/archive/index.php/t-12431.html
It seems like quit a few people tried it out. I also read somewhere else that it might be addictive so one shouldn't use it too often. There was also someone on this forum who road about vaporizing it. But the person hasn't been online for a while. I'm still trying to figure out the right temperature to use in the vaporizer. I'm pretty sure my electric incense heater is not secure when it comes to temperatures. I normally set it to 150 Celsius, but in my vaporizer nothing happens at that degree. Although i think maybe it just takes a longer time to heat up then when using herbs. I have tried some frankincense in my old g-pro pen. But it melted way too quickly at the lowest setting (120 Celsius) and i didn't want to clog up the tiny holes from the heating element. I will keep experimenting with my new Vapirrizer :)

hafalump

I use frankincense and myrrh in my eneno aroma cup at 8, so much better than burning.
Very clean and so so much better. I want to try some sandalwood chips, or aloeswood.
Just using this for aroma, not vaping into my lungs.

Last edited:

TboneToker

I use frankincense and myrrh in my eneno aroma cup at 8, so much better than burning.
Very clean and so so much better. I want to try some sandalwood chips, or aloeswood.
Just using this for aroma, not vaping into my lungs.
Isn't aroma the same as into your lungs though? Nothing wrong with that? I'm asking cause I'm not sure

TboneToker,

hafalump

If you click that link these guys are smoking the stuff.:uhoh:
So no, not at all the same as ripping a huge lung buster.

hafalump,

draakjeszijnlief

I also use sandalwood, But i find burning it, does give a much stronger aroma. real dragonsblood is also nice, but hard to find, expensive and some dragonsblood is toxic. While other dragonsblood is crumbs up and put in soap as a scrub. I do not suggesting inhaling any kind of dragonsblood in any way! palo santo wood is also really nice in aroma. But it has never worked out to heat it instead of burn it.

TboneToker do you mean is smelling and then inhaling the smoke from burning / heating the same as vaporizing it? I think in a way it is. But you cant really pull the smoke into your lungs from smelling it. There isnt that much smoke and so i think you then only smell it. Its not like i can hang above it and then blow out the smoke i supposedly inhaled. And if you burn it on charcoal im pretty sure thats the only thing you inhale.

draakjeszijnlief,
Top Bottom