• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Foul Tasting Strain or Bad Weed ?

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Title should read "Foul tasting strain WHEN VAPED or Bad Weed ?"

I have been vaping dry herb for a few years now. I've come across this very foul tasting weed said to be "Kahuna" by the grower . My buddy who is a combuster tried it in my IHeat Cartridge at low wattage while flavour chasing different strains . He described it as tasting like at the taxidermist , lol . Really raunchy ...
is the weed bad, or are certain strain or pheno's or whatever bad tasting when vaporized more then when combusted ?

I have read on subject before but dont recall where & this is the first time I come across something really suspicious as such. Trying to find possible reasons before pointing finger at the Grower . I've vaped some of his other yeilds before with no major "wtf" but now, this , this really makes one go "wtf" lol

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@FlyingLow Lol no it's weed man. I've seen it grow :lol:

IMG-3608.jpg

IMG-3607.jpg

howie105

Good Morning P.A.M. It could be any number of causes including how it was grown, processed or used. If I had a grow that all tasted really bad I would first spread samples around to friends who vape and get their opinion so I could rule out individual taste preferences and gear. Afterwards if a significant portion of those users firebombed my house in the middle of the night I would look at the drying, curing and storage. Last on my list of causes for bad tasting weed would be the original breeder who spent the time and effort necessary to produce and distribute a strain that sucked.

howie105

Valid only if it was sold as a cut / clone. From seeds it's the lottery and it's quite possible to get strains that have decay / microbial / fungal / humus / rotten meat smells naturally, it's there in the gene pool.

Last on my list of causes for bad tasting weed would be the original breeder who spent the time and effort necessary to produce and distribute a strain that sucked. Beyond that I have never used or grown weed that tasted like meat (rotten or otherwise) but bacon weed would interesting.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Genetics are Super Skunk x Big Skunk Korean x Jack Herrer x Afghani Hawaiian

from the breeder: Due to the big, tight buds, conditions must be tended carefully for this variety. For indoor gardens, attention to humidity levels is key for mature buds that are mold-free. While recommended for indoors where variables can be controlled, outdoor growing is possible in reliably dry climates, although an unseasonably rainy season could ruin the promising look of these thick buds with insidious mold

flavor profile: Taken from multiple reviews and also the breeder's description

1)A pungently dank aroma has a skunky-sweet layer with surprising notes of tropical flavors.

2)This variety has shaken a little pepper into an otherwise sweet-tasting puff. very sweet smelling

3) It has a strong aroma that is a blend of sweet and spicy scents. The taste of Kahuna is very pungent and is a blend of orange and pineapple flavors.

Some strains do have a "funk" to them but without trying the same exact flower none of us can truly tell you good or bad(accurately) unfortunately.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Good afternoon FC, Thank you, everyone ! Great feedback from all . Cool of you to whip out the strain info @Silver420Surfer , thank you . It's Definitely not orange or pineapple tasting !

From what I do know, the grower is experienced , grows from clones he gets from his mother plants, has grown with chemicals before but currently is a organic nut. I know it ain't Chems but it could it be from his organic brews or other factor hmm , who knows . He does have fruit fly like insects in his grow room he says comes from his brews.. ..

Can over ripe Bud become less flavourful to point of foul taste if not picked at peak ? I do find he harvests late ..

I agree that everyone tastes differently so it's hard for you guys to pinpoint what's wrong with it, lol. But all your answers help me confirm not to vape what I have left of it lol. My buddy said he would smoke it when over lol.

From your responses and what I know , sounds like it could be clone degeneration , mold/bacteria/fungal issue , harshest/cure process , or other .

I've smoked long enough and vaped Long enough to know something is off with that taste. It did give me slight headaches the first times using it too ... friend and I will out microscope to it

shredder

There are some strains that just don't appeal to all users. For me thats chem dawg. Once you eliminate that, the most obvious would be something external that influenced the taste. Organic feeds would make very subtle changes in taste. Pesticides sprayed in flower however would be very noticeable. Even organic pesticides should not be sprayed on buds. More than once I've seen organic growers panic in an active mite infestation and spray away. Something to consider.

Last edited:
Top Bottom