For sprained ankle, what is recommended?

MinnBobber

Just sprained my ankle. I'm elevating and doing ice pack for 15 mins every hour. Took 4 x 200 mg ibuprofen when I never take more than one 200 mg.

Any recs for cannabis?
I've got a 2:1 8% : 4% strain?
Or a big Indica like Grape Ape?

Injuries suck :(

Monsoon

Just sprained my ankle. I'm elevating and doing ice pack for 15 mins every hour. Took 4 x 200 mg ibuprofen when I never take more than one 200 mg.

Any recs for cannabis?
I've got a 2:1 8% : 4% strain?
Or a big Indica like Grape Ape?

Injuries suck :(
Topical cannabis lotion would probably work best if you can get your hands on it, otherwise whatever works to get your mind off of it. The ibuprofen will likely give whatever you consume a boost as well.

MinnBobber

Thanks @Monsoon,
We're temp in FL so not at home where I do have some infused canna-coconut oil from ABV. Would that work as a topical cannabis lotion, if I didn't mind the oily feeling and it probably smells a little grassy too ???
Would it work

Monsoon

Thanks @Monsoon,
We're temp in FL so not at home where I do have some infused canna-coconut oil from ABV. Would that work as a topical cannabis lotion, if I didn't mind the oily feeling and it probably smells a little grassy too ???
Would it work
That should work for it. As a trick you can also save the used oily ABV next time after you've made your canna-coconut oil, wrap it in cheesecloth and freeze it so you have a cold pack that slowly leeches the oil out and into your skin.

Your skin smell however the oil smells, concentrates tend to be better at reducing that.

Squiby

- Keep your foot elevated above your heart.
- wrap in cold packs
- Take lots of vitamin C.
- soak your ankle in warm water with Epsom salts a couple times a day to help with the inflammation.
- drink turmeric milk. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/244623/turmeric-milk/
- vape your favorite painkiller l. My favourites are Remedy, Harlequin, Phantom Cookies, Blue Widow and Pink Kush.

I hope you're feeling better soon. :myday:

MinnBobber

- vape your favorite painkiller l. My favourites are Remedy, Harlequin, Phantom Cookies, Blue Widow and Pink Kush.
@Squiby , you made me think of my fav painkiller, Blue Dream.

I dug out my "last of" Blue Dream almost, and it is wonderful on many levels, beyond the pain !

Squiby

I dug out my "last of" Blue Dream almost, and it is wonderful on many levels, beyond the pain !
That is wonderful!

I have different strains squirreled away too. I love when they become the best solution to whatever the current quandary.

You sound like you might be feeling a tad better. Sprained ankles suck!

Top Bottom