For custom glass, you MUST check out "glassmansdoll" on ETSY!

tokenitup

Here is my account of GLASSMANSDOLL on ETSY

First of all, they are extremely affordable for really awesome work. They do discounts for repeat customers and all sorts of other goodies. I know this post may seem like I work for these guys, but you can read my other posts - I've been here for a while, have posted some decent pieces in the for sale section, and can assure you I do not work for these guys. I am just a glass-head like a lot of other people here, and really wanted glassmansdoll to get more work, because he deserves it.

Anyways, here is what I think:

I just wanted to tell everyone about how awesome my experience has been going so far, and lend anyone a helpful hand in the direction of a really good and very kind glassblower. He and (I believe) his wife run the show, and his wife does all the talking via the conversations on ETSY. She is very quick to respond, and they upload pictures they take at each step of the process on blowing your custom work.

I am getting a custom green/black showerhead ashcatcher to go with my SG inverted 4, here are some pics they uploaded already:

Bowlside1.jpg

bowlside2.jpg

BlowingtheSHAC.jpg

discdiffused.jpg

SideviewDownstem.jpg

I personally love the one on the torch!

I hope I don't sound too ridiculous but I HAD to show other people this guy's awesome work because of how they have treated me. The bowl pictured is the original bowl, they are doing a second and throwing in a 'dock' or slide holder for free because they had to blow another one. They said the holes were too big on the first disc diffused bowl (pictured), even though they could have just shipped me that one, I didn't even say anything. So I am gettin another one to be sure.

Anyways here is their ETSY shop link, they have been busy because people have been discovering the neat work this guy does. Look through his closed sales and stuff, very neat work.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/glassmansdoll

tokenitup,

tokenitup

Update:

Taken me a while to put this up but this shit is awesome, on my new Toro treeless-8 reinforced arms...I'm in love with this new piece:
f567c300.jpg

Bottom of circ
d1c27707.jpg

70384233.jpg

tokenitup,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
That circ looks pretty good. Looks like it doesn't have a hole on the bottom which I think helps alot. The arm on the a/c looks kinda funky but if it was cheap I'd rock it. Plus action shots and progress shots are something that almost all blowers WON'T do because that takes some time. Nice touch though.

The only thing that weirds me out is that he blows dildos too. I haven't seen many blowers doin that.

minnesnowta,

the ob

all good in the hood.
minnesnowta said:
The only thing that weirds me out is that he blows dildos too. I haven't seen many blowers doin that.
gotta pay the bills I guess :o

the ob,

stinkmeaner

If you search on Etsy you will find much cleaner work, those welds on the ash catcher are not acceptable and could be more fragile than others you will find for the same price or less.

The name itself scares me; "Glass Mans Doll" I take it is word play on a mans package and in reference to the dildos they sell. :uhoh:

stinkmeaner,

FEAR420

seriously dude...you can do a LOT better off Etsy. SoulShineFamily Glass comes to mind,Glasstafarian,E-Bomb Glass,Chrondo,NABY,OregonGlass Blower,Humboldt county all do too...

FEAR420,

gim

Thanks for the list of blowers FEAR. Sent along a request to several of 'em.

gim,

GreenLeaf

minnesnowta said:
Heh I've seen and met people who make or sell glass dildos or sex toys. I've seen them in headshops too.

They are better than the poorly made and cheap gel and silicone toys that are full of phthalates and other nasty chems.

Some people enjoy glass inside their body and it is safer to use a glass toy for anal sex or even vaginal sex than a beer bottle.

Also glass toys are a lot cheaper than high quality silicone toys are.

GreenLeaf,
Reactions: Indigo

oldfart

GreenLeaf said:
Damn that bong is crazy! Do they make straight tubes with a slide or carb?
Check out ETSY under glass then pipes you vwill find a little bit of everything glass

oldfart,

tokenitup

Sorry I haven't been active lately but I thought about going with SSFG but their prices were a bit higher and I didn't like what I saw. I did a little bit of research on this guy and everyone loved the customer service so I checked it out. For not too much money I got a custom AC, 2 18mm slides custom slides, 2 18mm slide holders and a little glass stick that really has no purpose. Excluding the random glass stick I got a great deal I feel like.

Just my 2c, but I wanted to pass the word along to anyone else because I had never done an ETSY custom glass order...figured I'd show people how they treated me and what I got out of it.

tokenitup,
Top Bottom