Fog by X-Vape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, it's a winner! Starry was not something very special but this one is!

Very easy to load except the lid can move back when opened while loading but if you keep your unit on the right angle it's not an issue but a sort of lock system would be nice (I got exactly the same issue with the Alfa and somebody found a perfect fix). Actually i use my Chewy2 grinder and it's a perfect tool to load the Fog.

It's a bit soon about a true maintenance but it will be not the easier to clean but not the most difficult at all. My only issue was to still not be able to remove the ceramic mp but @stickstones told me it's doable (he does it).

wisausnk

I hope its a winner i contacted the company for a review unit to review it for the german speaking vapers. I loved my Swift Pro but the Battery was a mess. If this here playes out it could be a really good alternative for the Firefly 2.

wisausnk,

sickmanfraud

I realize this may be a long shot since both vapes are pretty new, but...

Can anyone compare the X-max fog with the HR Fury 2 ?

sickmanfraud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine came in yesterday, everything smelled much better than the Starry out of the box for me, less silicone but also now better cured it seems (I soaked the mp silicone in iso a bit, then even threw it wrapped in foil in the oven for a min which actually really did it fully quickly but gotta be careful). The lid does seem to swing and close more easily without the silicone however, you need it to hold the nice ceramic screen. I ran several burn offs at max temp with lid open, no fumes and smell got even better as it went. Only 4min session timer so kept going a little after I felt it was okay just in case. Unit doesn't get too hot, but I did let it cool down in between sessions as well.

First bowl was decently full, not packed at all, course ground Banana OG or whatever this is (freebie from dispensary). Started at 356 and got some nice flavor, minimal clouds after a few hits got it going, so I stepped up to 374 and then it really kicked off. Great clouds and nice taste, but back to back hits may not be so easy here, may need to recover in between? Will need to test more, didn't really account for any technique this time, just load and hit. Anyway stepped to 392 and 410 to get the rest out, but clouds thinned and taste faded, extraction was still pretty light so could've down more maybe with a slight tamp and/or higher temps/ longer draws/ more time in between hits.

One thing is it's hard to know where the heater is at. You turn it on, then it just starts heating up to your set temp, with lights flashing the whole session. So is it good to go instantly? Probably not, especially since this seems to be fairly pure convection session style, so vapor takes a little more to get going at first anyway... But so I have no idea what the heater is doing when activated temp wise, so just use the five settings as general settings, which I am fine with I think. Also the hinge was mentioned as a weak point, I mean its a nice idea in some ways very practical, but also in some ways not at all. Will need to be able to clean it fully at some point, and yeah not sure how airtight the seal is either. Also not so easy to unload with the hinge, but the battery hinge on bottom is a bit nicer, more solid.

The chamber is nice, again not sure how efficient yet, but looks like a good design. Everything feels very solid, lot of metal, slight rubber coating outside the lids that feels nice too. It is very compact (absolutely is the same as the Starry body as I expected btw) and quite stealth, all black with subtle led lights that can be covered easily in use clutched in your hand, which is also extremely easy to do with this form factor. Feels quite durable, and battery life on an LG HG2 seems solid, its got a nice heft without feeling heavy. Perfect to throw in a pocket for sure, the body design makes Swift/CFV look super duper cheap, even the Crafty too frankly.

Anyway that's it for now, just some first impressions, will report back with more later as testing goes. So far the Fog really feels like a winner, and if you are between this and the Fury2 you'll have to decide what features are important to you personally, since both seem like great options for nice vaping on a budget

Shit Snacks

Sorry back to back can't edit anymore, but had another bowl, packed a little more full than before with some white widow mixed in to the banana, still course and started on 356 again for a few hits of taste without vapor, bump to 374 boom best of both worlds. Milked that for a while this time, definitely do seem to be able to hit it back to back fine, may depend on length of hit since these were shorter puffs though. 4min ran out and started a new one after waiting a bit so it could cool in between, started up again at same temp later and it was still kicking out the tasty clouds, though they began to thin so again bumped to 392 for a bit then 410 to finish as flavor degraded and the bowl looked pretty spent. It didn't get that awful overcooked taste that session conduction vapes can get at the end, so can probably chalk it up to pure convection and pure materials. I did put a steel mesh screen on the bottom of the oven however, creates a tiny gap between it and the screen below too since the bowl has little curves there.

Here is the loaded bowl after that first session:
fTB8yvJ.jpg

n5C6MTe.jpg

And a couple shots of the Fog with the Fury:
jGmCP7A.jpg

PyMZqUQ.jpg

Both are super small and sleek, crazy that these early budget-friendly session convection vapes are also so portable and stealth even! Fog seems to have less smell in use by the way if that is a factor too, seems to be a bit more purer convection taking place (perhaps related to the larger size, but who knows since these are ultimately just different designs altogether)

Oh and technically it is called the XVAPE FOG vaporizer, not XMAX like the thread title says (as does Starry). Common early confusion here since manufacturers Topgreen first had the xvape xmax pen before the xmax v2 pro which kind of made us forget the xvape monicker (along with its redundancy) or rather xmax is the branding we all seem to know? In any case xvape is etched in the body next to Fog at least

b0

Cloudy...
Just wondering, how easy is to clean the mouthpiece? As you already know I'm a bit ocd about that and hate a non easy to clean mouthpiece. For example, I find the pax really easy to clean, but the CFV normal mp is a nightmare with all the little corners it has inside that will have resin from the vapor everywhere, love the glass mouthpiece tho. This mp reminds me the original CFV one so not sure.

Been looking at the IQ lately, but saw too many things I didn't like. This seems similar in size and convection, so really interested in it but the cleaning is definitely a big factor for me.

Shit Snacks

Just wondering, how easy is to clean the mouthpiece? As you already know I'm a bit ocd about that and hate a non easy to clean mouthpiece. For example, I find the pax really easy to clean, but the CFV normal mp is a nightmare with all the little corners it has inside that will have resin from the vapor everywhere, love the glass mouthpiece tho. This mp reminds me the original CFV one so not sure.

Been looking at the IQ lately, but saw too many things I didn't like. This seems similar in size and convection, so really interested in it but the cleaning is definitely a big factor for me.

Definitely not like the CFV since the lid here is not a cooling unit at all, also not plastic thankfully. The thing to clean is metal screen and ceramic screen piece that go in the silicone and connect right to the bowl. From there the vapor just goes right into the mouthpiece itself, which is a simple straight path, so I am presuming that will be the only thing to clean. It is ceramic but I am no sure it can easily be removed and put back on, supposedly the hinge for the whole lid can someone said though? @stickstones? That mouthpiece is flat and narrow, so an isolated dipped pipe cleaner might be best bet to clean it anyway. It actually cools the vapor decently enough for what it is, as I said not perfect design, but it definitely works fine and doesn't hurt overall impressions

I was tempted by IQ back then too, this design isn't quite as sexy, but just as sleek and portable, plus yup the pure convection and price clinch it as a killer alternative, even a first choice...

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That stem is removable. The metal collar under above the silicone gasket slides out and the mouthpiece stem comes off. When I put mine back together it was a little looser than before, so I'm not sure if I bent it or if it is something designed to be done often, but it does come off.

sickmanfraud

I was tempted by IQ back then too, this design isn't quite as sexy, but just as sleek and portable, plus yup the pure convection and price clinch it as a killer alternative, even a first choice...

R U talking about the DaVinci IQ? IIRC that is conduction??

sickmanfraud,

VapoShop

Retailer
Note: I don't know why Vaposhop lists the rebranded 'Xvape' Fog, instead of the 'Xmax' Fog, or if it even matters at all.
Hope this helps

This is a bit of a confusing matter indeed, the manufacturer (Topgreen) decided to release the Fog under their 'Xvape' brand, instead of the XMAX brand (like they did with the Starry). Rest assured it is the same unit we offer and not a rebrand.

Hope this clear things up somewhat - thanks for including us in this listing. We think the Fog is a pretty solid vape at an interesting price point!

Last edited:

wisausnk

Yesterday i got an confirmation from X-Max they send me a demo unit but it takes some time they are out of stock. After testign i bring you a review in english and german. Im searching for sutch a vape since the swift pro came out but the battery in the swift is bad and not replacable.

wisausnk,
Reactions: AtomicPB
Hey guys, can someone help me out? I'm looking to buy my first dry Herb Vaporizer under 150$! After some research i narrow down my choices to these 2: boundless CF and X-MAX FOG. which should i buy? anybody tried both? how do they compare? Appreciate the help!
If someone can suggest me a better vape in this price range i want to add that Im from Europe.

Last edited:
Ace of Diamonds,
Reactions: AtomicPB

wisausnk

Hey guys, can someone help me out? I'm looking to buy my first dry Herb Vaporizer under 150$! After some research i narrow down my choices to these 2: boundless CF and X-MAX FOG. which should i buy? anybody tried both? how do they compare? Appreciate the help!

Go with the Fog the CF is nice but when the battery dies is useless on the fog you can use standard 18650.

Mr. Me2

If someone can suggest me a better vape in this price range i want to add that Im from Europe.
Look at the Fury2 also. At that price point, that's the one I would suggest. And dynavap.

b0

Cloudy...
That stem is removable. The metal collar under above the silicone gasket slides out and the mouthpiece stem comes off. When I put mine back together it was a little looser than before, so I'm not sure if I bent it or if it is something designed to be done often, but it does come off.

Thanks for the answers! Any chance you can take a couple photos next time you take it apart?

Go with the Fog the CF is nice but when the battery dies is useless on the fog you can use standard 18650.
Thank you for the fast reply! The replaceable battery is a big +, do vape Battery's wear out that quickly?

Look at the Fury2 also. At that price point, that's the one I would suggest. And dynavap.
I was looking to buy from this website (www.vaposhop.com) they don't have the fury 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace of Diamonds,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The FOG's review!

X-Vape (Topgreen) told me +1 years ago they was working on a full convection unit, some months ago when the Starry came out I thought at first it was the convection vaporizer they was speaking about and was disappointed cause the Starry is only conduction (with some nice added features). Although they assured to me promptly they was still working on a convection unit and this unit is not the Starry.... And now I received the FOG a week ago for testing/review.
SDb23zw.jpg

Out from the box the FOG doesn't look like something special but it's very small and sleek. The anodized aluminium body makes a nice finish and feels very solid in hands. No bad smell or taste while hitting it cold out from the box. It comes with some accessories: stir tool, usb cord, concentrate pad, dab tool, replacement o-rings and replacement screens.

It comes with a battery (Samsung) which works but it's not the best battery option.

Now it's time for testing and the game became more interesting since this bad boy is what he assumed: a true convection vaporizer producing solid and tasty hits WITHOUT ANY WAITING TIME (faster than a Grasshopper or a MVT) so you can use it on demand (I recommand to take 2 hits cause the first one is always less thick since you need to heat the load first.... yes true convection!).

This performances get a cost: the provided battery last for 4-6 cycles (4mn per cycle) but a LGHE2 will give you 6-8 cycles.

I'm not a low temp addict like @Shit Snacks is... so I start at 210 for 1 cycle and jump at 220 for another cycle and , sometimes, I kill a small load directly at max for one cycle or for "on demand" hits.
Here the bowl:
weX6KMT.jpg

For concentrates I'm afraid it will be slightly underpowered but I still not tested the provided pad or another method.

It need to be cleaned regulary to avoid to clog the ceramic filter, just wipe it just after a session while unloading (unlike me on the pic). I personnaly removed the metal screen placed between the ceramic filter and the ceramic mouthpiece cause it was clogged too fast and restricted the airflow. Clean the silicon portion as well (wipe it is enough) to avoid to get it glued by resin on the bowl's top while cold (it happened to me several times). The thin mouthpiece (ceramic) is never too hot for me but restrict definitly the airflow and will be not easy to remove and to clean.

In conclusion i want to say you how i'm amazed by this vape, behind the skin there is a serious contender and every vaporist need to get one in the arsenal. Seriously it blows my mind!

Shit Snacks

Yeah @PPN I need to try some sessions starting at upper temps instead of stepping, I will this weekend with some other people so that will be a good test for the Fog too. I think this should be an ideal vape for sharing, nice size bowl, efficient convection, fast heating with good battery that can be swapped, great form factor... Should be a fun one! Oh I asked about flashing lights, that is heating, and it seems to be heating constantly so it can maintain the temp of the heater below the chamber, but yes ready to go right away! Typical of pure convection it's second hit that can get you the big cloud (unless at first temp, temp two does give you the clouds with great low temp taste and effects)

Shit Snacks

Fury2 is only available direct from @HealthyRips.com . They are offering a $20 holiday discount...

It actually makes it the same price as the Fog from puffitup right now as well (the thread we are in...) But international is more expensive typically so maybe this vaposhop is the best place for @Ace of Diamonds and yes, replaceable battery is nice for a variety of reasons, though not necessarily necessary

Top Bottom