Pen Focus Vaporizer

Eatrocks

Mine stopped working yesterday. I loaded her up as normal, switched her on, waited for the vibration to say its up to temp and.... nothing :/ flicked through temps, tried switching batteries, and still nothing. :'( Emptied chamber & the herbs were untouched so think its going to be time to test the customer service from vapowelt and shoot them an email. This was (and still is imo) a strong candidate for a cheap, solid construction (or so I thought) vape that performs exceptionally well at the price point.

Shoot..I guessh I'll not get a focus, wasnt sweating it till I saw the 30 dollar off coupon..plus I kinda wanna put my 2 week old cfx through lots of use.

Big reason why it's not popular is cuz it looks like any other vape pen...but it's not, similair models just burn the herb with coils or its just a weak pen vape.

Eatrocks,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Hey dude I really like your review man very informative, I was going to get the xmax but after reading I'm going to get the focus or the boundless cfx! But where can I buy the Focus vape,I live in canada man??

@PuffItUp responded to the question in the retailer thread (As usual the response was received before I finished typing the question :bowdown:) and you're in luck....PIU ships to Canada.

EDIT: You may want to contact PIU directly - I know there is a discount code for FC members and there may also be a coupon for international shipping.

Last edited:
His_Highness,
Reactions: Andrew26

His_Highness

@His_Highness what did you find out about the white puck thing?

I asked the first question using their contact page on Monday and received the following by Wed @ 6:27am. Decent turn around time. I responded to the email below this morning by sending a photo showing what I was asking about and added I was interested in knowing whether it was ceramic and how they recommended cleaning it.

Here's the email I received Wed @ 6:27am.......let's see how long it takes to get answer.....
I'm Katherine from Focusvape. Glad to receive your massage on our company website massage box.

Regarding the white puck, I'm so sorry, I don't understand what's that. Could you help to send me a photo?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes
Katherine
iFocus Technology CO., Ltd
Tel:+86 755 8525 3670
Fax:+86 755 8527 2367
Phone:+86 15818627546
Email: katherine@focus-vape.com

His_Highness,

Crow

I asked the first question using their contact page on Monday and received the following by Wed @ 6:27am. Decent turn around time. I responded to the email below this morning by sending a photo showing what I was asking about and added I was interested in knowing whether it was ceramic and how they recommended cleaning it.

Here's the email I received Wed @ 6:27am.......let's see how long it takes to get answer.....
I'm Katherine from Focusvape. Glad to receive your massage on our company website massage box.

Regarding the white puck, I'm so sorry, I don't understand what's that. Could you help to send me a photo?

Best wishes
Katherine
Oh sorry i thought she had responded to your latest email to her.

jdent3

I've had only good things to say about the Focus so far. If I had one bad thing to say is that the taste sucks. I get maybe one good tasting hit out it and then it doesn't taste good. Other than that it's a good vape for the money

His_Highness

I can get 2 tasty hits at 392. Could get probably one more if I were to go to a lower temp. It's a toss up though - thicker vapor or an additional tasty hit.

jdent3

I can get 2 tasty hits at 392. Could get probably one more if I were to go to a lower temp. It's a toss up though - thicker vapor or an additional tasty hit.

I need to try it at a lower temp and see if the taste lasts longer. I also use it at 392 so the taste disappears very fast.

Last edited:

His_Highness

Best wishes
Katherine

Got the second response around 10pm last night....less than a day turn-around!! See below:
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you so much for your so detailed explanation. Regarding the white puck, yes, you're correct. It's made of ceramic and can be cleaned by soaking it in ISO/alcohol. You're very smart. :-)
Also, for the future, if you need the replacements, pls contact our dear customer Guido from vapowelt directly , his mailbox is info@vapowelt.de. He will handle it . He is a very nice guy.
Any other questions in future, if you need my help with, pls just let me know. I will be always here to serve you.

Many thanks for your support and have a nice day.
Best regards
Katherine

Crow

Got the second response around 10pm last night....less than a day turn-around!! See below:
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you so much for your so detailed explanation. Regarding the white puck, yes, you're correct. It's made of ceramic and can be cleaned by soaking it in ISO/alcohol. You're very smart. :-)
Also, for the future, if you need the replacements, pls contact our dear customer Guido from vapowelt directly , his mailbox is info@vapowelt.de. He will handle it . He is a very nice guy.
Any other questions in future, if you need my help with, pls just let me know. I will be always here to serve you.

Many thanks for your support and have a nice day.
Best regards
Katherine
@His_Highness awesome, thanks for finding out.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@PPN The pods are same diameter ss pinnacle pro bullets - around 9mm. There is a ring (just below the thread) in the focus that seems to be stopping the pod from being fully inserted (oo-errr :p) so the pod does not go far enough into the chamber to fit either the adaptor or mp.
I checked again and the FM pods fit my Focus, there is no ring to stopping the pod to be fully inserted, maybe there is different Focus versions....

PPN,

His_Highness

His_Highness,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
IDK..the pods I get are the ones who are coming with the Flowermate V3.0 Air (I think they are the same for the Aura). Although you can be confident, PIU get a very positive feedback here and I'm sure they don't sell any non-working items.

priestsmiler

@PPN I only know of 2 different types of the focus, the one with a 'stitched' pattern on the outside and 1 with a 'leather' (almost like snake skin) look. Could you confirm which version you have? Mine is the (white) snake skin (leather) look. I would much rather have the model with slightly wider diameter to fit the pods in.
@His_Highness the focus pods on piu look completely different to any I have previously seen or used but I would assume these would work fine with the focus. I ordered the fm pods that didnt fit from piu but still I prefer this design to the others so far.

little maggie

How does the mp attach to the focus? I wonder if the water adapter will work for the Milaana or CFX?

little maggie,

priestsmiler

Ok so I received a pm that helped me understand why pods or bullets don't fit my unit...

"iFocus released a "new" Focusvape vaporizer shortly after their first few production runs which has a larger chamber (the new ones were available in Feb?). Externally it is indistinguishable from the first version unfortunately. The only externally visible sign of the difference is that the vaporizer box and accessory packets have a "New" sticker on them. The first version and new version accessories are not compatible with oneanother. I would guess that PIU stocks the new version since they sell the Focusvape dry herbpod which is compatible with the "new" version"
Rather unhappy that I have the 'wrong' older version. Maybe I can get my unworking older version upgraded to the 'newer' model somehow? :(

priestsmiler

Yes, was slow at first to get a response from vapowelt. Now I have to send back my unit and wait for a replacement to arrive. Unfortunately i have to wait till after the weekend before I can return it.
Not mentioned about exchanging for the 'new' version. It is a good unit and I'm gutted its broken so soon, yet I still have confidence in this thing and it will go back into my rotation soon as its replaced. :)

StormLoaded

hi all,
new user here, fed up waiting for grasshopper.. so picked this up, though have a feeling i'll be using this focusvape in any case even when GH does eventually arrive - keep 'on demand hits' of the GH for just me, and use this as my go to for vaping with friends.

how long did 'new' taste last? - I did a couple max temp burn off', blowing through the air holes, plus iso wipe between, but my first vape a couple hours later at 180c (356F) and the taste was awful (was vaping blueberry which is one of my fave tasty strains but I couldn't taste it at all - completely overwhelmed by the vape taste..

did this vid a couple hours later trying it through the d020-d and the water adapter, was better - definitely less of a vape/new taste masked by the water I guess.

. (apologies for the use of template/dubstep!) need to play/learn more with this editing malarkey.

quite impressed with the focus vape though, will definitely be keeping this.. and as its cheap/entry level (price wise in any case) I wouldn't be so bummed if it got dropped/dented etc.. i'd be happy leaving it to be passed around without worry - its a hefty piece in any case .. feels well built and i like that the glass mouthpiece just pops in/out easily so if dropped it doesn't snap etc.

still like my MFLB, just not discreet enough for me to use in public - small enough to hide but if anyone see's me take a hit, its obviously not a tobacco vape and I don't feel so comfortable with that (not that I really vape in public) but I like this focusvape.. hope the taste disperses quickly as the high was really quite nice from it, preferred it to my DaVinci ascent (now broken - wont heat up) and my DaVinci original (which is now similar price to focusvape.. but also broken, 350F hits are near combusting - its overheating big time.. throw it to anything over 370f and the abv is 100% black)

forgot to weigh how much herb I put in, but I didn't pack it. looked maybe 3/4 way up, and not very finely ground.. also need to play with the air restrictions.. as i'd left it wide open (3 holes) i assume long draws need maybe 1 or 2 holes only for better results? as the vapor was drifting off near the end of each water hit.

lots of playing to do, but first impressions are very good (ignoring the initial taste issue), especially at its price point.

looking forward to giving it a proper test run over the next few weeks.

Top Bottom