Pen Focus Vaporizer

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Could it be the herb? I use my EVO and Solo more than the Focus but I still use the Focus more than a few times per week and live with someone who uses the Focus as a daily driver. The Focus, with or without the bubbler produces plumes for us. So much so that I've asked the person using it as a daily driver to be a little more sparing with the clouds cause of how much is wasted on exhale. Yeah - I know clouds and waste is whole other topic :brow:

@stickstones makes a good point about filling the oven. When we fill the Focus I expect to get somewhere between 12 to 16 hits (depending on herb and pack) and don't need more than 4 to 5 hits to get there. So it's fill once for around 3 good highs.

@Kalessin - how much are you filling the oven with? Maybe I could try something similar and see if I get the same results.

Chose

That's strange mine rips I used it the other night straight after I used my hopper(just playing whith it) compering vaper production (blowing vapour in to kitchen spot lights ) and the focus was producing loads of vapour , I thought to my self two years of waiting and four months later I brought this cheep vape
And it can rip like the hopper a perfect hopper back up I will test again tonight to make sure I wasn't just hopperd but I think your unit might be faulty

Kalessin

That's strange mine rips I used it the other night straight after I used my hopper(just playing whith it) compering vaper production (blowing vapour in to kitchen spot lights ) and the focus was producing loads of vapour , I thought to my self two years of waiting and four months later I brought this cheep vape
And it can rip like the hopper a perfect hopper back up I will test again tonight to make sure I wasn't just hopperd but I think your unit might be faulty
How full do you load yours? I never tried more than a half full bowl in mine since its so large

His_Highness

I tamp down lightly and fill 3/4 full. I also do a standard grind....not powdery.

His_Highness,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I've been finding recently that a thorough 'finger grind' and then filled 3/4 with a light tamp on these cigar form factors seems to work well, universally. But I'll keep experimenting...for science!

Franz

Whoa! Sounds like something isn't right. Lets poll the other users in the thread to see if you should contact Focus Support sooner rather than later. One of the things I liked about the Focus versus other models with the same form factor was that the new electronics smell and taste was so much better.

DID ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS LEVEL OF INITIAL BAD TASTE?

Hi guys, it's my first post, how exciting!
I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful work of spreading :)
I will state that I am not new to the vaporization... so ordered an received a brand new Focusvape.
My first impressions was really good, I like the finishes and the care of the assembly also the general quality of the materials. It looks like a premium devices.
The only problem I find is the taste, spent three days trying to ward off it with burnsout, but no luck!
Moreover, I noticed a strange thing, when the vape it's on, I can see the light through the oven... this makes me assume that the problem could be a faulty unit.
What do you think?
Thanks

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Hi guys, it's my first post, how exciting!
I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful work of spreading :)
I will state that I am not new to the vaporization... so ordered an received a brand new Focusvape.
My first impressions was really good, I like the finishes and the care of the assembly also the general quality of the materials. It looks like a premium devices.
The only problem I find is the taste, spent three days trying to ward off it with burnsout, but no luck!
Moreover, I noticed a strange thing, when the vape it's on, I can see the light through the oven... this makes me assume that the problem could be a faulty unit.
What do you think?
Thanks
I don't have a Focus yet. I'm waiting for the digital Pro version to drop. But everything I've read and watched talks about the airpath being completely isolated from the electronics.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "can see light through the oven" but assuming you're talking about the temp selection lights, that doesn't sound like an isolated airpath to me. I would contact the vendor from whom you purchased the vape or Focus Vape themselves. I remember reading somewhere that Focus is very responsive to customers.

Franz

I don't have a Focus yet. I'm waiting for the digital Pro version to drop. But everything I've read and watched talks about the airpath being completely isolated from the electronics.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "can see light through the oven" but assuming you're talking about the temp selection lights, that doesn't sound like an isolated airpath to me. I would contact the vendor from whom you purchased the vape or Focus Vape themselves. I remember reading somewhere that Focus is very responsive to customers.
Hello Moondog, thanks to reply, you understand what I mean, I can see the temp selection lights through the holes of the ceramic chamber.
I suspect my unit has a manufacturing error, but before disturbing the seller (a very polite guy), I wish to be sure :)

London Vaper

Hey Guys

Ive had 3 focusvapes, seeing the lights through the chamber is defo a faulty unit there are no holes in side of chamber so i dont see where you would see the lights from other than the 4 holes in the bottom of the chamber base.

Question for fellow owners: After 3 weeks usage my chamber walls are brown with resin, chamber smells resiny. When i do an empty burn i get streaks of light vapour, didnt get this b4 so guessing its the resin burning off the walls.

Performance dosent seem to be affected and i dont feel like im getting any adverse taste from it. Ive not done a an iso clean yet as i been cleaning mouthpiece with a cotton bud so other than the brown chamber theres been no need.

Is this normal? For the chamber to turn brown or shoukd it stay white? Do you think an iso clean will restore it?

Chose

Hello Moondog, thanks to reply, you understand what I mean, I can see the temp selection lights through the holes of the ceramic chamber.
I suspect my unit has a manufacturing error, but before disturbing the seller (a very polite guy), I wish to be sure :)
Just checked mine by wrapping my hand around the oven to create total darkness and putting it up to my eye and yes I can see a very dim glow from the lights coming through the bottom screen but this isn't visible in normal light very strange I thought the air path was isolated .i would say if you can see bright lights in normal light conditions your unit it faulty . Mine only had one burn off and a clean with a vipe and no electronic taste
Hope this helps

Franz

Just checked mine by wrapping my hand around the oven to create total darkness and putting it up to my eye and yes I can see a very dim glow from the lights coming through the bottom screen but this isn't visible in normal light very strange I thought the air path was isolated .i would say if you can see bright lights in normal light conditions your unit it faulty
Thanks all guys, I contact the vendor,
he said that's absolutely normal that you can see the light through, because there is a food-safe Glue below the heating chamber for sealing.
And about the smell, I quote him who quote me ["horrible plastic taste" ..we can not imagine where it should come from. I think you mean the ceramic taste from the new heating chamber. With several uses the taste disappears]
So I'll do more burn off and will see, but I suspect can be related to the food safe glue or silica gel's fixer… and will last long.
I'll let you know!

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
he said that's absolutely normal that you can see the light through, because there is a food-safe Glue below the heating chamber for sealing.
And about the smell, I quote him who quote me ["horrible plastic taste" ..we can not imagine where it should come from. I think you mean the ceramic taste from the new heating chamber. With several uses the taste disappears]
So I'll do more burn off and will see, but I suspect can be related to the food safe glue or silica gel's fixer… and will last long.
I'll let you know!
Well, my VAS just decreased a little bit. If I wanted to huff glue I could go down to the local hobby shop and pick up a tube of Testors. :zombie: I hope they are correct and it turns out to be a matter of needing more burnoff.

Please do keep us posted on this.

Franz

Well, my VAS just decreased a little bit. If I wanted to huff glue I could go down to the local hobby shop and pick up a tube of Testors. :zombie: I hope they are correct and it turns out to be a matter of needing more burnoff.

Please do keep us posted on this.
You're right Moondog, sealing with glue doesn't sound a good solution for a taste free device...

His_Highness

I'll let you know!

Lights - I checked my analog and digital Focus by turning them on, making sure the screen (digital Focus) or colored temp light (Analog) were on. I can't see a light at all. Not even a very dim one. The room I tried this in was dark to make it even more possible for the light to show.

Taste - Neither my analog or digital Focus had a bad taste. A very slight electronic taste for maybe the first burn-off or two but I had to struggle, even with my sensitive nose, to find it. As far as an actual taste in my mouth.....Nope. Maybe the manufacturing has changed since I got my units. In any case, if mine left a bad, non-weedy, non-combustion taste IN MY MOUTH after a few burn offs and bowls I'd suggest posting it here and then requesting a RMA.

Question for fellow owners: After 3 weeks usage my chamber walls are brown with resin, chamber smells resiny. When i do an empty burn i get streaks of light vapour, didnt get this b4 so guessing its the resin burning off the walls.
Is this normal? For the chamber to turn brown or shoukd it stay white? Do you think an iso clean will restore it?

Brown Oven / Cleaning - None of my units have a overall brown coating on the oven. I have several light brown/golden streaks, the size of a pencil tip on them and not many of them. My ovens are white with either a few powdery specs of herb or the reclaim light brown/golden streaks described above. After I empty the oven I use the brush with the unit upside down and then blow into it. You could use a q-tip dipped in ISO to try and clean a spot or two and see if it cleans it up. Make sure the q-tip or whatever you use for the ISO doesn't drip at all AND do a burn-off, once your done and the ISO dries, with the mouthpiece off to get rid of any residual ISO. Can you put up a before and after picture?

priestsmiler

My experience is no lights are visible through the heating chamber. No adverse taste after 2burnoffs at max temp. The streaks in the oven appeared in my new unit after a good few uses and Q-tip swabbing with iso doesn't completely remove them but does make them fade a little. In my opinion it is baked on oils permanently staining the ceramic like other ceramic chamber based vaporisers that I own; they have similar stains. I own plenty of vapes and this unit is 1 of my top 3: Vapcap, Grasshopper and the Focus. I genuinely could sell the rest of my vapes and just use these 3 (although I won't as I love my Pinnacle pro, and Arizer Air far too much). :)

Franz

Hello everyone, thanks for the answers.
Mine arrived Monday morning, so I had time to done several burn off now (sure more than 30), but the smell don't seems to decrease.
The light who pass through the chamber is quite noticeable, I'm but not sure it's relate with the solvent taste.

Given what I have read today, tomorrow I'll re-write to the vendor asking to start the RMA process.
I will keep you all informed.

His_Highness

@Franz - I thought we were talking about a vague glow. There is nothing vague about that light shining through. If you did anywhere near 30 burn offs and you can still 'taste' and 'smell' something blatantly nasty.........You're doing the right thing by asking for an RMA.

Franz

Hey guys, just a quick update.
I wrote the focus's seller and Monday I'll send back the vaporizer.
Sadly I decide to upgrade to the arizer solo.
I don't want to be "controversial" or OT but I am a little disappointed by the "quality control" of most Chinese products.
So if this is my last post, I would use my last words to express true gratitude to all those who helped me!
Viva fuckcombustion :) thank you all!!

Top Bottom