Pen Focus Vaporizer

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
puffitup.com

Randy owns it and loves taking care of our members here!

I think his member name here is puffitup
Ah, yes. I've been looking forward to doing business with PIU based on all the positive reviews I've been seeing. Thanks again!!

Chose

Based on the battery specs for the Efest 18650 2900's it should work well. Efest doesn't have the reputation of a Samsung or LG though. I'd keep an eye on the Efest's for heat. If they get too hot I'd stop using them. The Focus has functionality to stop them from being discharged too low but I'd keep an eye on the discharge level as well for a couple cycles. I know it would be a pain but if you're going to use the 2900's I'd occasionally pull them out after a 'high heat session' and check the heat coming off them.

Sorry Moondog - I don't have any cost or availability info. @stickstones may be able to assist here.....
Cheers for the battery info I think I will just get some more lg . The one thing ime not to keen on is the small screen gets clogged ime thinking of getting some herb pods and taking screen out ,are they any good?? And will the flowermate pods fitt I can get them from vapefiend the focus vape pods are not available
In uk and can't be botherd to order them from a different country any info would be a great help

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Cheers for the battery info I think I will just get some more lg . The one thing ime not to keen on is the small screen gets clogged ime thinking of getting some herb pods and taking screen out ,are they any good?? And will the flowermate pods fitt I can get them from vapefiend the focus vape pods are not available
In uk and can't be botherd to order them from a different country any info would be a great help

Sorry I don't have any experience with the herb pods and can't speak to how the Flowermate pods would fit. PIU has the Focus pods along with the bubbler but I haven't pulled the trigger. You could email PIU and ask them what they think. Taking the white ceramic puck out and using a small stainless steel screen that fits on top of the herb in the oven is how I preferred to deal with it. Cleaning is easy and the draw is more to my liking.

DIGITAL AVAILABILITY - I emailed Focus Vape and was told they are available and ready for sale. They asked how many I wanted but didn't mention price. I explained that I was asking on behalf of other folks and that I had checked their web site and the PIU web site but found no purchase info. I asked them to send me some info I could post here and I'm waiting for a reply. I initially used the contact feature on the FocusVape web site (http://www.ifocusvaporizer.com/) and they responded to my email address within an hour or two.

Chose

Yes removed ceramic and put one small screen where the screw used to be and another small screen under the glass stem (don't like them Scooby snacks ) will test later cheers for the reply I was just throwing the question out there but don't know how to start a new thread loool

moondog

DIGITAL AVAILABILITY - I emailed Focus Vape and was told they are available and ready for sale. They asked how many I wanted but didn't mention price. I explained that I was asking on behalf of other folks and that I had checked their web site and the PIU web site but found no purchase info. I asked them to send me some info I could post here and I'm waiting for a reply. I initially used the contact feature on the FocusVape web site (http://www.ifocusvaporizer.com/) and they responded to my email address within an hour or two.

Thanks for the update. Exciting news indeed!!

PPN

Volute of Vapor

I tried the FM pods....they fit in the bowl but the vapor production is thinner than packed directly in the bowl, although it is as efficient(same abv color) but I take more time to vape a pod.

Chose

I tried the FM pods....they fit in the bowl but the vapor production is thinner than packed directly in the bowl, although it is as efficient(same abv color) but I take more time to vape a pod.
Ok cheers for the info I won't bother then as there's no point if they make the vaper wispy I suppose there good for out and about but that's not what I wanted them for thanx

His_Highness

DIGITAL AVAILABILITY: I've used the customer support, (http://www.ifocusvaporizer.com/), contact feature several times and the turn-around has never been more than a day and in most cases just a few hours. Subsequent email replies have also been turned around quickly. Excellent support.

Here's the reply from Focus support about availability:
Currently, here we have two customers bought some in stock,

In US
Online shop: http://www.vapeitnow.com/focusvape-pro-herbal-vaporizer/

Contact information
Email:contact@vapeitnow.com
Phone: 949-295-3451

In Canada
Contact information
Email:info@esplif.com

Also, our dear customer Puffitup will have the mass order in stock in two weeks.

Some other customers in US and Ca will also have our products in stock soon.

moondog

DIGITAL AVAILABILITY: I've used the customer support, (http://www.ifocusvaporizer.com/), contact feature several times and the turn-around has never been more than a day and in most cases just a few hours. Subsequent email replies have also been turned around quickly. Excellent support.

Here's the reply from Focus support about availability:
Currently, here we have two customers bought some in stock,

In US
Online shop: http://www.vapeitnow.com/focusvape-pro-herbal-vaporizer/

Contact information
Email:contact@vapeitnow.com
Phone: 949-295-3451

In Canada
Contact information
Email:info@esplif.com

Also, our dear customer Puffitup will have the mass order in stock in two weeks.

Some other customers in US and Ca will also have our products in stock soon.

I'm having a VAS attack that makes it hard to sit still. With my Pinnacle rapidly dying, my miVape appearing to have been orphaned by the manufacturer, and the Grasshopper still suffering growing pains of the most frustrating sort, the Focus Pro is looking MIGHTY attractive. I think I'll be making my first Puffitup purchase in 2 weeks.

b0

Cloudy...
Just found about this vaporizer and it sounds pretty good!

Anyone has a Pax2 to compare? Wich one heats faster? What about the flavour/harshness?

What about a Grasshopper? I had a Ti one and it was too harsh for me so I sold it, is this one smoother?

I love that it uses 18650 batteries, seems like an interesting option for weekend trips...

Edit: Seems to work really good with a bubbler, that's always a plus for me!!

Last edited:

jdent3

As much as I love my Focus I have been thinking of selling it. I have a couple concerns about the materials used and wondered if any of you have some insight. First I don't know what material the gold coloured part is made of. Does anyone know what material it is? And the second thing is in my ceramic chamber there appears to be some wispy black/grey looking lines that come from the bottom of the bowl where the screen is and go up a little ways into the chamber. To me the lines appear as if something off gassed below the screen and became caked on the oven walls. I love this vape a lot I just don't use it much due to these concerns.

His_Highness

@jdent3 - I have been religiously looking for off-gassing since I started testing these units. I've done some heat beat downs on both the analog and digital units at the highest temp starting with un-boxing burn-offs and haven't run into any off-gassing. I've done the flashlight beam test several times as well as sniff tests and came up empty.

@jdent3.... you and @priestsmiler noted the black oven streak and I would love to hear more about them. I don't have these streaks in my two units so I can't do any testing. When the streaks were first brought up I initially thought they were tiny, powdery, blackened ABV herb remnants because I had some in mine but mine cleaned right up. Maybe you could do us all a favor.....

The link below will take you to the contact page for the manufacturer. If you would pose your questions about the black streaks and what the gold colored metal is I would really appreciate it. I'd try to find out myself but I don't have the black streaks in mine so I could only ask about the gold colored metal. I've used the contact page a few times now and they respond to your email address in a few hours. When they respond to your email address you'd be able to send them a pic of the black streaks.
http://www.ifocusvaporizer.com/home/contact.html

@b0 - I think the unit, for this type of form factor, is one of the smoothest I've run into. Maybe @stickstones could answer whether this vape heats faster than a Pax2 or is smoother than a GH.

Chose

@jdent3 - I have been religiously looking for off-gassing since I started testing these units. I've done some heat beat downs on both the analog and digital units at the highest temp starting with un-boxing burn-offs and haven't run into any off-gassing. I've done the flashlight beam test several times as well as sniff tests and came up empty.

@jdent3.... you and @priestsmiler noted the black oven streak and I would love to hear more about them. I don't have these streaks in my two units so I can't do any testing. When the streaks were first brought up I initially thought they were tiny, powdery, blackened ABV herb remnants because I had some in mine but mine cleaned right up. Maybe you could do us all a favor.....

The link below will take you to the contact page for the manufacturer. If you would pose your questions about the black streaks and what the gold colored metal is I would really appreciate it. I'd try to find out myself but I don't have the black streaks in mine so I could only ask about the gold colored metal. I've used the contact page a few times now and they respond to your email address in a few hours. When they respond to your email address you'd be able to send them a pic of the black streaks.
http://www.ifocusvaporizer.com/home/contact.html

@b0 - I think the unit, for this type of form factor, is one of the smoothest I've run into. Maybe @stickstones could answer whether this vape heats faster than a Pax2 or is smoother than a GH.
I noticed these thin lines running around the oven when I first recived it and was cleaning before my first use but forgotten to further investigate .i assumed these thin lines where what heats the oven so fast , some kind of heating element runing through the ceramic it's a very thin ceramic according to the manual don't quote me on this I just remember thinking ,oh that's some clever shit that's why it heats so fast. If anybody has a uv lamp shine it in there it might show up a little more maybe????

His_Highness

I noticed these thin lines running around the oven when I first recived it and was cleaning before my first use but forgotten to further investigate .i assumed these thin lines where what heats the oven so fast , some kind of heating element runing through the ceramic it's a very thin ceramic according to the manual don't quote me on this I just remember thinking ,oh that's some clever shit that's why it heats so fast. If anybody has a uv lamp shine it in there it might show up a little more maybe????

I have some very light grey/beige circles running horizontally. Are these what you're referring to or are you wondering if they are the black streaks being discussed. The link (I think the pic was from @jdent3) below shows the black streaks and they are vertical and not at all intentional looking.

http://imgur.com/MCNkVtp

His_Highness,

jdent3

I have some very light grey/beige circles running horizontally. Are these what you're referring to or are you wondering if they are the black streaks being discussed. The link (I think the pic was from @jdent3) below shows the black streaks and they are vertical and not at all intentional looking.

The picture you mentioned is a pic of my brothers unit which had some marks in it before it was used. I contacted the vendor torontovaporizer and they said it was from inserting the screen into the oven. On my unit there are different marks. These marks are near the bottom of the chamber and rise up from where the bottom screen is. It looks like something burned off and stuck to the oven wall.

I doubt if my phone would be able to take a picture of it because it's so low in the chamber

Chose

Yes I was referring about the grey circles and thought these where the streaks being talked about , but now I've seen the picture I understand there consern mine has no streaks or spots . The oven looks very clean and well put together , sorry my mistake .

Kalessin

Well, I received my Focusvape today and unfortunately I can't say I like it... I bought it thinking it would be nice to have a faster conduction vape than my Pax for when my Grasshopper was down(like now). Tried a couple bowls in it, and while I like the design of it, I'm not getting much vapor and I have to put in more than I like to get even that. Wasn't a bad price, so I guess it's not a big deal, I'll just put it away for a terrible emergency but it is disappointing, from all the positivity I was expecting more.

His_Highness

Well, I received my Focusvape today and unfortunately I can't say I like it... I bought it thinking it would be nice to have a faster conduction vape than my Pax for when my Grasshopper was down(like now). Tried a couple bowls in it, and while I like the design of it, I'm not getting much vapor and I have to put in more than I like to get even that. Wasn't a bad price, so I guess it's not a big deal, I'll just put it away for a terrible emergency but it is disappointing, from all the positivity I was expecting more.

I'm getting some nice clouds from the two I have. Have you tried.......

The temps around 400F and let it heat soak 30 seconds to a minute before hitting it? It's also better for me if I give it a couple seconds to heat soak between hits. It reaches initial temp so fast that the herb doesn't get a chance to be conducted right after reaching temp. Like most of my conduction vapes, if I don't slow down my draw a tad I can overrun the oven. Another suggestion would be close off one or two of the air holes. You could also take out the ceramic puck from the mouthpiece and place a small stainless steel screen in the oven to get the full on hit.

Kalessin

I'm getting some nice clouds from the two I have. Have you tried.......

The temps around 400F and let it heat soak 30 seconds to a minute before hitting it? It's also better for me if I give it a couple seconds to heat soak between hits. It reaches initial temp so fast that the herb doesn't get a chance to be conducted right after reaching temp. Like most of my conduction vapes, if I don't slow down my draw a tad I can overrun the oven. Another suggestion would be close off one or two of the air holes. You could also take out the ceramic puck from the mouthpiece and place a small stainless steel screen in the oven to get the full on hit.
I already removed the ceramic and stock screen. I gave it a good heatup and sat trying to get clouds out of it intermittently for 4 or 5 minutes. I got some vapor, but it was wispy and not at all satisfying. I'm used to slow drawing from my Pax and Vapcap but it didn't help here. Tried it with both one airhole open and with it fully closed. Fully closed worked better but no where near the amount my Pax can get off with the same amount. Maybe it'd work better if I was willing to fill it all the way, but that's four times my regular load size

Kalessin

This kind of vape is not going to work as well with a partial load. Are you using a spacer with the pax?
Yeah, I have a spacer for my Pax. Tried dropping a screen on top of one of the loads in the Focus, but no discernable improvement. Guess this one's just not for me

Kalessin,
Top Bottom