Flowerpot Showerhead glass bowl from Ehle

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
No not rly but i tried fitting a SS Screen in it...makes it even more complicated as after i dumb my ABV the screen falls out with it as there are no grooves in the bowl so i have to get the screen out of the dumb jar again,clean it and place it in the bowl again..And it adds even more restriction that at one point also comes into play :/

The Ti bowl i just flip over knock out the ABV at the corner of my jar and its rdy again :D

...dunno maybe rly first world problems but it just doesnt fit my flow :D :D

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
A glass bowl would be interesting, I wish I'd kept my fp to try it out. I think I know someone that has one, I'm not seeing how much they cost though...

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: btka

Alexis

Okay Im thinking it would make sense to just slow things down a little if we wisely heed @gunmetalshark 's admission that the glass bowl is not perfect or even preferred to the Ti bowls.
I think we should focus patiently on getting the best all round protoype bowl designed and tested first, whoever it is made by, before we try and roll put a mass order.
No sense in rushing and spearheading this through for so many people in one swoop, if the end result is wide spread disappointment.
Just my thoughts. I am still very interested of course, but I just want to make sure we take care to get this right first.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I´m gonna send Ehle my DHGate Ashcatcher on Tuesday because i want them to make me a custom one with minor changes -.-
For now they still owe me one female bowl...i will ask them if i can have that in 10mm height, then i can report back my impressions :)

Last edited:

Alexis

I´m gonna send Ehle my DHGate Ashcatcher on Thursday because i want them to make me a custom one with minor changes -.-
For now they still owe me one female bowl...i will ask them if i can have that in 10mm height, then i can report back my impressions :)
Good idea. I think this more gentle tactful approach makes more sense. Let us see if we can develop the design first then take it forward from there. You never know, if Steven produces their version in the meantime we may learn something valuable from it to take forward and improve.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Just fyi, i just sent out my Ashcatcher which is now on its way to Ehle,
i also added a handwritten note how i want my second bowl (10mm depth/female joint)

Dunno how long it will take but i did ask for the best time to have a quick transaction and that´s now :)

Alexis

Just fyi, i just sent out my Ashcatcher which is now on its way to Ehle,
i also added a handwritten note how i want my second bowl (10mm depth/female joint)

Dunno how long it will take but i did ask for the best time to have a quick transaction and that´s now :)
Very good on you bro for pioneering this. Let's just take things at a slow and measured pace. Better to be the Hare here than the Tortoise I feel, far more likely to reach an ideal and satisfactory destination sooner without regrets.

I have no doubt that the Flowerpot community here will be able to work together and explore all the available options to come up with the perfect glass bowl for all.

I can actually see several buses coming along at once eventually, and I would still put good money on Newvape producing a masterpiece themselves eventually.

It may take time patience and multiple trials to get this just right. I even wondered about the possibility of a number of us donating a dollar or two to the cause when it comes to paying for prototypes for some willing and suitable tester, to save the R&D coming out of one man's pocket. Just an idea anyway which perhaps can be discussed later on.

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
No big deal as there is not rly much money involved and i am curious myself and always exploring
how i can up my setup....BUT with so many Glassblowers available in the states and on IG i dont understand why not
someone over the sea did try to get it done after the pics/specsheets that are posted here..? :)

edit.
I can take more pictures from different angles or take measurements and u get someone like weirdeer or any known Glassblower to produce a bowl, i think that would get you guys way faster
to the goal as to wait for a group buy that takes place on the other side of earth...just IMHO :)

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Just chatting with Ehle right now and they told me they already sold 10 Pieces to Hawaii...i just posted here so it has to be someone from here lol :D

I also told them it would be the best thing if they could register here and join the discussion :)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Not that i own a FP but i am already curious about the design , any pics ? Also what is ID of the FP TI-bowl and the OD of the Heater ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Doktor Dub

i don t care too much how long it takes to get a bowl and i can perfectly understand to search for a local Glasblower but i also GREATLY enjoy to follow this positive and international collaboration and teamwork :tup:

When i read the news, that is not the norm today so probably we should even be a bit proud of ourselves...

:leaf::peace:

Dubmonkey

EHLE said that shipping for one bowl is 42 euros ($51.46 - 4/4/18) but with a weight limit of up to 2kg. 2kg for one carb is hella expensive shipping. So thought why not order 10 and keep 2 for myself and sell the rest at cost+shipping costs. Just doing it to help out but also not trying to derail this thread’s group buy. I will post the 8 EHLE FP Glass carbs in the classifieds section when I physically get them. Again I will list them in the classifieds when I get them and not interested in deposits or pre-sales until I can calculate the final numbers upon delivery from EHLE and where the carb is being shipped to.

Doktor Dub

EHLE said that shipping for one bowl is 42 euros ($51.46 - 4/4/18) but with a weight limit of up to 2kg. 2kg for one carb is hella expensive shipping. So thought why not order 10 and keep 2 for myself and sell the rest at cost+shipping costs. Just doing it to help out but also not trying to derail this thread’s group buy. I will post the 8 EHLE FP Glass carbs in the classifieds section when I physically get them. Again I will list them in the classifieds when I get them and not interested in deposits or pre-sales until I can calculate the final numbers upon delivery from EHLE and where the carb is being shipped to.

We are talking bowls or carb caps now?

btka

ok guys... how should we proceed... should we order now or wait... I will speak to ehle monday...
as statet before my plan is to collect the e-mail adresses and orders and give them to ehle... so they can send out invoices....

also regarding the shipping costs... maybe we can organize someone in usa and canada to send the bowls out... so you could save money...

I was a bit busy sorry that I did not reply earlier...

Alexis

ok guys... how should we proceed... should we order now or wait... I will speak to ehle monday...
as statet before my plan is to collect the e-mail adresses and orders and give them to ehle... so they can send out invoices....

also regarding the shipping costs... maybe we can organize someone in usa and canada to send the bowls out... so you could save money...

I may have cold feet as well myself, sorry. I wont actually be using this bowl myself so I would not be able to know if it was ideal or how it even compares to the Ti bowls,
I only want it to enhance my mum's FP experience, but she has not even been using it lately and she wouldn't be able to give me any useful feedback on it.

What I really need is a tried and tested product. As there is no hurry for it I think it makes sense for me to watch and wait for now, see what Steven produces too because that would also be very cheap for me. My mum might not end up using the FP very much so I dont want to spwnd very much on a glass bowl unless I know it will be worth it and put to good use (ideally by me, then I wouldn't be talking like this at all).
:tup:

Alexis,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

I'm going to also duck out, sorry @btka. I think it's an awesome effort but I have to send my HexNail back and its going to take a while so I may as well hold off and see what @NewVape710 comes up with.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
So as i keep on using the glass bowl i think i found another good point why a more shallow one will work better for evenly extraction.

The thing is, on the original "short" bowls the showerhead´s sidwalls are deep enuf to extend over the point where ur hearb is..so it gets heated all around instantly..i think it somehow works like a Mighty/Crafty with convection & conduction as the chamber gets more evenly heated faster.

I think thats also the reason why this vape extracts so beautiful and efficent.

Using my Glassbowl i realize less vapor production although my temp is higher now. The top does get more brown but the bottom doesnt heat up as fast so i always have to steer and make longer draws as i would like too.

Engl. is not my native language so its a bit hard to express myself but i hope u guys get the point :)

I am just sharing MY experience :)

edit.
On a side note, my DHG ashcatcher alrdy arrived at Ehle. and since that i´m pretty on a daily chat with them taking measurements of my rig to get the perfect fit on the catcher...i just verified with them again that the second bowl that i will get will be less deep (10mm) and female. :) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom