Flowerpot Showerhead glass bowl from Ehle

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I'd be down for one.
KM40D_s-200x150.gif

:peace:
This nearly made me piss myself! So fucking funny, but I'm not sure why I find it so hilarious... is it the twiddling fingers? The eyes rolling upwards? The fact that whenever I see a representation of Jeebus now, I instantly think of our beloved Canadian mod with a brewski? I love FC, it's good for the soul.

Modnote: Who you callin' Canadian?:goon:

Last edited by a moderator:

JibbsIsMe

I'd take one 14mm and maybe a 18mm if the price is right.

Roughly how much is this expected to cost? $5? $50?

JibbsIsMe,
Reactions: btka

Taz4101

Also interested in 1 or 2 in 18mm depending on cost and timeline. Been holding off on buying the fp. Waiting for a glass bowl or the new design fp they are working on, to dab better then sh

Taz4101,

Alexis

@btka Yes put me down for one please. Im in UK as well. If I was using the FP Im sure I would take more. Maybe soon.
18 mm please. It would be nice to have a rough quote though to commit 100%.
Thanks for resching out making it happen.:tup:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I'd take one 14mm and maybe a 18mm if the price is right.

Roughly how much is this expected to cost? $5? $50?
@JibbsIsMe Good question as others may not have the backstory on this potential project. Another kick-ass FC member had EHLE make a custom bowl because they're local to him. It cost him 20€, NICE!

His pictures were so sexy, others soon said "I NEED ONE" and so @btka to up the mantle and set this thread up to get an idea of the numbers when approaching EHLE. If they say yes, and I can't see why they wouldn't, then we'll know pricing + shipping. And if they'll make it in 14 or 18 or both.

Sorry @Stu for some reason I just knew you were Canadian. I stand corrected, my Murican Mod! Dang it, now I'm wondering how I ever made such an erroneous assumption... :disgust:

Doktor Dub

Thanks @btka for doing this!

I d like one or two 14mm male Bowls, i d love one dedicated small / microdosing one.

Doktor Dub,

btka

Update: I have some concerns I want to discuss.

1.) @gunmetalshark told me that it took some time until the bowl did fit his sh. So my concern is are the showerheads all the same diameter (how is the allowance). Will a glass bowl which fits my showerhead also will fit on your sh. are there tolerances between showerheads and could this be a problem?

2.) ehle is not near to me, so I am planning to ask also a glass blower near to me. So I would be able to go to the shop with my showerhead and test all the bowls if they fit. If we would choose to order from my local glass blower, I will have to dispatch all glassbowls by myself I think.

3.) I want to make clear that I am doing it for the fc community I will not earn anything so I also do not want and can not take any responsibilities (e.g. bowl is not fitting my showerhead and so on) therefore maybe ehle would be better, because my plan as told before is to send them the e-mails of the interessted fc members and quantity and they should send you a invoice, receive the payment, dispatch the bowls and be responsible. So to say if you will/should have problems with the bowl you will have to contact and deal with ehle not me!

Also how long should we wait so that members who are interssted have the chance to take part in this order. My plan is to wait one week so everybody who is interesssted has the chance to write in this thread.

feel free to discuss...

Doktor Dub

Update: I have some concerns I want to discuss.

1.) @gunmetalshark told me that it took some time until the bowl did fit his sh. So my concern is are the showerheads all the same diameter (how is the allowance). Will a glass bowl which fits my showerhead also will fit on your sh. are there tolerances between showerheads and could this be a problem?

2.) ehle is not near to me, so I am planning to ask also a glass blower near to me. So I would be able to go to the shop with my showerhead and test all the bowls if they fit. If we would choose to order from my local glass blower, I will have to dispatch all glassbowls by myself I think.

3.) I want to make clear that I am doing it for the fc community I will not earn anything so I also do not want and can not take any responsibilities (e.g. bowl is not fitting my showerhead and so on) therefore maybe ehle would be better, because my plan as told before is to send them the e-mails of the interessted fc members and quantity and they should send you a invoice, receive the payment, dispatch the bowls and be responsible. So to say if you will/should have problems with the bowl you will have to contact and deal with ehle not me!

Also how long should we wait so that members who are interssted have the chance to take part in this order. My plan is to wait one week so everybody who is interesssted has the chance to write in this thread.

feel free to discuss...

1. there should be no / pretty tight tolerances between SHs, which is crucial for performance so no problem on the SH side but doing glaswork to such tight tolerances is very hard - tolerances between bowls could be problematic

2. don t know, Ehle has a very good reputation and already made a well functioning SH Bowl, so that is a plus. Do you mind sharing who your local glasblower is?

3. Doing this work for us is generous and nice! For me, it s like a prototype or beta thing, one should only take part in this and order a bowl if one can live with loosing the money... if you do all the work i d send the money, if i am luckiy i get a nice and quite exclusive upgrade for my FP, if it doesn t fit i still appreciate the community effort and let it go... just my 2 cents, should be VERY clear beforehand

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I also think going with Ehle makes more sense. We will have to wait for negotiations/production anyway (I hope at least... I need to wait 2weeks to be able to afford two bowls plus shipping from Germany, lol, I am still in college for another month cut me some slack! :D) but we are nearing 50 units according to people who have commented so far, but I think since Ehle has already made a bowl, it would be easier. Also, as stated, they can just invoice everyone and ship it out themselves so you don't have any part in the shipping process, just initiating the deal.

Of course, open to hear what others think as well...

I assumed because Ehle had already made a 18mm male bowl, the rest would the same ... which tbh I could deal with, I would be happy just to see this produced and if we're negotiating the terms and only ordering 50~ units I'm not sure how much power we'll have over something like joint size/style.

btka

I'm in for 2.

1x 14mm
1x 18mm

But how I asked for on the FP thread let's try to optimize size and construction.

Thanks a lot for your engagement, my friend!

that is the drawing @gunmetalshark gave to ehle ...

https://www.google.at/imgres?imgurl...GjdAk-zsYeQ4nrx-rEQkYsU=&docid=tNeQdWOIVVcTfM

@Hogni what would you change optimize?
I would like to have a microdose bowl (the diameter of the bowl should similar to the eq basket screen...
but maybe we should first get our normal fp ehle glass bowls done...

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
For daily use i would also prefer a more like 10mm Version in height, the 22mm Version is nice if u wanna look at a Nug roasting but not ideal for fine grind IMO.

For me i think i would even prefer one with metal screen ( boooo at mee lool :D ) ( I dont need one, i am just adding my thoughts :) )

I dont even want to tell you peops but 90% of the time i still use my 14/18 female ti bowl for simplicity and the finer weave of the screen
as it doesnt dirt up my rig so quick...especially fine grinded herbs will fall through every here and there and that sums up (over hours :D)

Just my 2 cents...the only one who got one for now barely uses it at all :D :D :D

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Not too interested in seeing herb roasting (although it's a nice idea, it doesn't really add anything practical) but yeah I do think it maybe should be more shallow and have a screen with finer holes if possible, since I would really like to keep all glass.

Top Bottom