FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
I just wish the company would register an account on here as the good people of fc can only help a committed manufacturer just look at @Max Jitter and the Lotus vape. An example of a committed manufacturer interacting with product users directly:tup:

My spare glass mp arrived today think I'm a bit over cautious as I also have 2 spare silicon ones as I sadly missed out on the spare extra one.

@KeroZen
Thanks for the flappy gate tip I did work out its only when the unit has been on. It must expand a bit too much. I did also try your suggestion too.

cityslang,
Reactions: KeroZen

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just wish the company would register an account on here as the good people of fc can only help a committed manufacturer just look at @Max Jitter and the Lotus vape. An example of a committed manufacturer interacting with product users directly:tup:

My spare glass mp arrived today think I'm a bit over cautious as I also have 2 spare silicon ones as I sadly missed out on the spare extra one.

@KeroZen
Thanks for the flappy gate tip I did work out its only when the unit has been on. It must expand a bit too much. I did also try your suggestion too.

We've had several different people join here and claim to be either representatives of the manufacturers or the designers. They have all failed to pay attention to the prominent instructions you get when you start to register at FC, which tell those with commercial interests not to post before they've contacted @vtac. They have all therefore been temporarily suspended from posting until they follow the rules. As far as I'm aware, so far none of them have.

Scott A

Anyone else have trouble getting a tracking number from authorizedvaporizerdealer.com ? I called up and asked them why I haven't received one yet and was assured by a guy on the phone that he would send me one asap but that's been about 7 hours now.

Scott A,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, I'm not sure what city they are in, but it is just a couple minutes before 6:00 AM in Beijing right now. That would mean you talked to the guy about 11:00 PM? Their business day is just beginning, so I would give them a couple hours at least. Yesterday was also a holiday in China...

cybrguy,

elbypark

Well, I'm not sure what city they are in, but it is just a couple minutes before 6:00 AM in Beijing right now. That would mean you talked to the guy about 11:00 PM? Their business day is just beginning, so I would give them a couple hours at least. Yesterday was also a holiday in China...

there shop is in oakland, ca.

@Reflexion : I don't know if inefficient is really the term, and in fact it's very hard to quantify and surely very subjective. I will try to do some comparative tests when I find some time. But don't worry, this vape medicates pretty well.

I just said it might be less efficient than the Ascent, but for instance, the ABV can get darker in the FM on red than what I get after a long Ascent session that ended at the same high temp. So how do you interpret that?

My current theory (or rather observations) is that if you start at very low temps and do a lot of levels until they are depleted, to finally reach the max high temp, you can extract more molecules while at the same time ending with a lighter ABV. Also the ABV "popcorn" taste is way less pronounced if you start low and reach the max than if you start at the max directly.

It might have something to do with partial combustion or at least with exceeding too fast the boiling point of some components, leading to a partial pyrolysis before they are able to escape and vaporize... but I'm drifting...

I don't know, maybe that impression also comes from the fact that the FM gives me denser hits and that my lungs are not able to absorb them all, so I end up exhaling and wasting more?

@tdriver : restriction is exactly the same but it never bothered me. This is strange because I come from the Ascent which has very little restriction and feels like inhaliing air, while you come from the Solo which is notorious to have a milkshake like draw (or at least had in the past, it's been improved recently)

Are you sure that the screen at the bottom of your bowl is well formed? Maybe you are particularily sensitive or your device is defective?

@cybrguy : the gf prefers her silicone mouthpiece by the way, softer feel, cooler for the lips. The boro is relatively thick, we'll see how long it lasts... Looks like the only solution to clean it will be with the good old salt method, so I imagine that will make reclaim harder.

anyway to check the battery life when you are using it?

Last edited by a moderator:
elbypark,
Reactions: cybrguy

Scott A

I got a personalized email from darren apologizing for the issue along with the tracking number so I am good now.

Scott A,

Peacockfur

now: Solo2, solo Before: Firefly, Enano, Air, FMv5
Hey guys new version of the Flowermate is out!
The v8
Full variable temp control from 100-446 degrees Fahrenheit
Oled screen with battery monitor and a sleep mode function. And the herb chamber appears to come out of the bottom on a swivel similar to the davinci. I will hopefully be able to order this bad boy soon and do a full review!

stark1

Lonesome Planet
There are variable voltage/plug car chargers made.

Radio Shak/Tandy has one, but you may want to get a more robust one....

stark1,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Looks like the taste issue should be improved with the bowl at the bottom.

Some of these Smiss says they won't sell to the US, the V3 specifically.

Does the V3 have potentially hazardous materials in its makeup?

The V5 being the upgraded successor in the evolution of the product?

They seem to be jumping numbers in the progression, the next version, if the sequence is followed, the XII...

Last edited:
stark1,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer

The V5 being the upgraded successor in the evolution of the product?
Not that I'm aware of, but I don't own one as Smiss said they won't give them to people in the USA.
And I'm not buying an overpriced Atmos product to test a Chinese vaporizer. But if you're interested, in the US they are called the Atmos Orbit.

Can't say if the V5 is its successor, but the only difference is one battery, and pen form factor.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: KidFated.

max

Out to lunch
Anyone else have trouble getting a tracking number from authorizedvaporizerdealer.com ? I called up and asked them why I haven't received one yet and was assured by a guy on the phone that he would send me one asap but that's been about 7 hours now.
I got no tracking number when I ordered. What I did get was a Wed. (yesterday) delivery on a Friday order, and a great price. I did get an email confirmation the day after I ordered, with an order #. My advice is don't get hung up on a tracking number. This isn't a newbie or fly by night dealer. You'll get delivery, and if there should be a problem I'm sure Darren will fix it. Using PayPal also gives you another safety valve. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'll put in my :2c: when I do.

stark1 said:
Pretty sure it's the G3, not V3, and it turned out to have some kind of impurities, and was never released in the US market. I've talked with Darren at authorizedvaporizerdealer.com some more, and he's provided some good info for Flowermate fans, the G3 deal being part of it. That model will NOT be available through any US distributors. Personally I'd forget about it. On the plus side he told me that Smiss is one of the very best Chinese ecig/herb vape manufacturers and they're trying their best to produce quality products. They want to be very sure of any product they introduce to the US market, which is why their various models are available elsewhere to start, including the new Flowermate VIII.

Both of the two model 5 versions (fixed temp and 3 temp) use the same battery management, resulting in a vaping time of about twice as long for the fixed temp version. So it's a tradeoff if you buy the 3 temp version- more temps to use, but less vaping time. The model VIII not only uses a digital display with variable temp, it also upgrades battery management for a longer vaping time. He estimates the price on the VIII will be $20-30 more than the current 3 temp V5.0 (pretty sure the '5' was mistaken for an 'S' at some point), with it dropping down to maybe $10-15 more after it's been out for a while. If you want a version 8 when it 1st becomes available, you'll have to go through Alibaba or a European dealer. According to Darren they won't use the US as a test market, so when this model is available via US distribution, it should be fully vetted.

Darren is still offering about $5 off the website price for both model 5 versions (blue only), if you order by phone and use a credit card (apparently less of a surcharge than PayPal). Can't beat cost plus a few bucks shipping, and he'll stand behind the product from CA instead of from China, if you buy via Alibaba.

As for the Smiss company not being linear with model numbers, :shrug:. I think there's a model 6 but I'm not sure it can be used with anything but concentrates. It's not in the model 5 designs, for certain. For now, the two model 5 versions are :tup: in the US, with the VIII coming once it passes muster in Europe.

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Word on the 5s for flavor and usability? Do folks like it? Let us know before we get too deep into the 8!

Gardenerjeff,
Top Bottom