• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned already or if this isnt the right place to do this, but I just found this dry herb vape this morning for sale in US and Canada at http://www.smarthoser.com/smart-smokers/vapormax-v-flower-mate

Seems to be an international Pax competitor designed by Smiss in China?
Only reviews are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DaoTMsqwGH1A&cd=3&ved=0CDkQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNGUeuV0hxbXHN7t7vu1LvB4JMOCYA&sig2=iyULyp_-suvpksq7b2cVAw

And here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKBSxNyO7SM&cd=4&ved=0CDwQtwIwAw&usg=AFQjCNHvMo8ueBFgJuOAd2rArYYwW3d_dw&sig2=IqcL2QZ42mvFV-NW3xfZbQ

Looks like a mix of Pax, Solo, and T-Vape in its functionality, with only one set temp though, whatever it may be (couldn't find anything on that or quality of materials used). Is it just mass produced international garbage, or something I can actually start recommending to friends as an option? Anybody have any experience with one?

mod note: Originally, the single temp version of the 5 series was the 'V'. They soon introduced a 3 temp version with the model # V5.0. At a later date they decided to rename the single temp model as the V5.0, and the 3 temp version became the V5.0S. To further add to the confusion, they decided to give their mini version of this model the name 'mini V5.0', which should mean it's a smaller version of the (now) single temp V5.0. Instead, the mini, according to their website , has 3 temp settings like the full sized 'S' version. If you're considering a purchase of this vaporizer, check with the seller to be sure which version you'll be getting.

marduk

daydreamer
I like the stealth form factor and the mouthpiece storage is nice. But the heater seems underpowered. The vapor production is very light, and the fact that you HAVE to wait 10-15 seconds between draws to get that amount of vapor... well, 'nuff said!

marduk,
Reactions: Roger D

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It's interesting, to say the least. It seems to be pretty solid, and I like the iPod mini style design. I think that this is a conduction vape platform we are going to see put out in various designs over the next little while. The heating chamber seems to be exactly the same as it is in the Vapor Box, and much of the operation seems to be the same as well. Can't say I like the LED lighting in the heating chamber either, makes me wonder how close the electronics are to the heater

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I like the stealth form factor and the mouthpiece storage is nice. But the heater seems underpowered. The vapor production is very light, and the fact that you HAVE to wait 10-15 seconds between draws to get that amount of vapor... well, 'nuff said!

I disagree, the form factor don't appeal me and seems a little bit big to be really stealthy, and I didn't watch any user video but 10_15 seconds to wait between draws is not really long (the Pax, FW, TV evo,....need a longer time between hits).

But I would to heard more about it if somebody wants to do the first step (not me....!)

PPN,
Reactions: Seren

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
are you sure that it's not a e cig based device?
looks more like the innokin, i think

mrweed,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't think it is. I feel it works like the PAX or T-Vape with conduction, hence the waiting, I'm sure one would get huge clouds from a longer wait.

http://smiss.en.alibaba.com/

It's stealthy because its vague and like an MVP ecig. There is nothing stealthy about publicly vaping with a foreign object, period.

In my opinion if the internal chinese parts are safe it would make a great inexpensive PAX competitor, but I find the T-Vape fine at that for even less, but the battery life sounds great. The sleep mode could yield convenience.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

marduk

daydreamer
I disagree, the form factor don't appeal me and seems a little bit big to be really stealthy, and I didn't watch any user video but 10_15 seconds to wait between draws is not really long (the Pax, FW, TV evo,....need a longer time between hits).

As paytonpenn said, the stealth I was referring to is not about use in public, it's about the unit being this vague rectangular thing when the mouthpiece is stowed away. And when I mentioned waiting 10-15 seconds, I was talking about the "amount of vapor" that you get after waiting that time. Thin wispy hits. You should check out the videos to see what I mean. I agree that 10-15 seconds between hits is fine if you get nice thick hits, but for weak wispy ones, not so much.

And not to derail, but I have a FW 1.0 and 2.0, and there's no waiting necessary between hits. In fact, I have to let go of the trigger between hits. :)

marduk,
Reactions: Roger D

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The FW has far more convection like properties, it only resembles shape.

10 to 15 isnt bad, I hold my hit for 5 to 10 and am not so impatient I can't wait another 5 for a followup, I'd feel odd continuously puffing without a breather, it seems like an automatic T-Vape with a sleep function or a T-Vape with reverse operation.

I have to wait longer for the T-Vape. So the vapor I saw from the videos seemed reasonable

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
i still have doubts, that this thing is good. obviously it was designed for a little piece of a cigarette^^
no info about the temperature range. i'm sure this will combust. can't image they are already using the firefly heating technique

mrweed,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Pretty sure it doesn't combust because its temp is limited (to 400 at most probably, based on the vapor? ) but this definitely not the Firefly heating element, firefly uses convection and this is still conduction. And I think that cigarette piece in the pics is just to make it seem legal (also looks like theyre trying to show shaking out tobacco from it into the vape, not just loading a wrapped cig).

That being said I'm still skeptical myself, especially with the ~$70 price on dhgate for only one unit without having to buy a lot (anyone ever bought something from there?). Makes me fear for knockoffs (although supposedly this is one pfbthe biggest companies behind your standard vapepen knockoff, so if the knockoff creates its own vape, is it any good or can it ever be reliably authentic?

I agree it does seem most similar to the vapor box, interestingly also made by a vapepen company. It seems those companies whole goal was making a noncombusting vape for herb, so they could compete primarily with Pax. If it succeeds it could be a solid cheap option for your average smoker looking to enter vaping, I just don't wanna take the plunge to test for myself since I just ordered an Indica...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
70 dollars is accurate pricing, really feels like I'm in the Tvape thread, I don't see it combusting easily because of the conduction, if anything it will combust because thats all that's left.

I believe this vape should work and work well for what it says, there's nothing in the design that makes me think it wouldn't.

paytonpenn,
Vape Dr. I can't wait for your review, I don't think you will be disappointing going by the few Youtube videos I seen of it other then no temp control. Also many others have commented under the videos praising it as well. I rather read a review from someone here on FC as I would take the post more serious, and not to have a bias towards a product. I have a MFLB but don't really care for it personally, since I got an Extreme Q. The MFLB it can vape but you have to have a good technique and a find blend of your herbs, you are also stuck carrying unwrapped batteries around. This really seems like a cheap clone of sorts of the Ascent, which is what I think is appealing to me about it that and no fusing with technique, just put herbs in and vape.

VapeAir 2000,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
Its been for sale on alibaba for a bit. No real website to find any info.

There is now....

http://www.flowermateusa.com/

This is the company that makes these on alibaba...

http://www.smiss.en.alibaba.com/

If you notice they have a booth setup at the Vapor World Expo next week in Chicago (booth 1420, as 420 was already taken!)....

http://www.vaporworldexpo.com/

Seems like mostly E-Cig stuff but they do have a picture of the Flowermate next to the advertisement of the Vapor World Expo...

Any of our Chicago/Illinois brethren able to attend next week?

Of course the good Dr. might have his and excite/ruin all of our hopes for this by then. :shrug:

Vape Dr.

Salutations Vape Dr.,

...and i'm always curious to see what's exactly inside!

Temperature control? Hummm...

:peace:
Me too. That's why I foresee me taking it apart.
For one to see there's nothing unhealthy being inhaled when in use. And also, because I think I have to.
I as well want to see if there's any possibility of putting some sort of rheostat switch to adjust the temperature.

Maybe it will work well enough for a budget portable vape as it is.....stranger things have happened!
This could be the BIC lighter of budget vapes. Buy one cheap, when it quits working or the battery dies, throw it away and get a new one!

VapeAir 2000,
One thing you got to watch about youtube is 90% of the positive feedback could be from the company, or people at the company.

We shall soon find out good Sirs!

Top Bottom