FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

A pocket portable with an unrestricted air path doesn't usually work that well. The Solo is a totally different animal (home vape that runs on batteries)- apples and oranges. Drilling out the middle hole in the restrictor plate works well though, and replacing the OEM mouthpiece screen with standard stainless steel also helps.
What do you mean by that? Where is the restrictor screen at?

Portable_Powah,

Teedub

The restrictor plate is in the mouthpiece, its a fixed part of the metal bit. It has 5 holes in it. Some ppl have been drilling out the holes. The standard MP screen is removable/interchangeable by unscrewing the bottom part of the metal mp.

What I want to know is the thread types for modding fun, haha looks like im gonna go to an auto store and test the thread to find out.

How can u remove the chamber screen without taking the whole thing apart ?
I was thinking maybe a long metal pick with a small hook on the end might hopefully pull it out but I'm not ready to try it yet. Report back if you do get it out i'm interested as well.

Teedub,
Reactions: Bebop

max

Out to lunch
I was thinking maybe a long metal pick with a small hook on the end might hopefully pull it out but I'm not ready to try it yet. Report back if you do get it out i'm interested as well.
The screen has 4 flat sides where you can get a dental pick (with the right configuration) between screen and side wall, and lift it up. There's also a hole in the outer solid ring on the screen, just inside the flat sides, where you could lift it. Being able to see what you're doing is another matter though. If you do frequent and thorough cleaning with ISO and cotton swabs, you could avoid having to remove the screen at all. You could also replace it with a standard ss screen (or two), and then just replace with new ones after cleaning.

Teedub

Nice added info, good to know. I figured the tiny holes in the stock screen may one day become clogged even with regular cleaning, like the dimples do in my pax's screen. I can get them completely clean but need some room for scrubbing so being able to remove the FM's screen is very satisfying for my ocd.
I would also like to try some other screen mesh sizes so good to know it shouldn't be too hard to get out without a tear down.

Really enjoying my FM over the few days I've had it, comparing it to my pax the lack of draw restriction is great, no finicky pax behavior and cloud density and quality I think I'm gonna give props to the fm but more scientific research is needed :) Don't get me wrong pax has some definate wins but they both have their points.

Last edited:
Teedub,
The restrictor plate is in the mouthpiece, its a fixed part of the metal bit. It has 5 holes in it. Some ppl have been drilling out the holes. The standard MP screen is removable/interchangeable by unscrewing the bottom part of the metal mp.
Ah ok thanks, I thought the only draw restritction came in the ceramic screen, I removed that but I will have to try drilling bigger holes in the metal screen

Portable_Powah,

firsttimer

Hi...so i think i might have bad weed, probably a 50/50 chance but i wouldn't know cause i picked up half o and also got my fm the same day. One thing i noticed is that i have this metallic exhale taste whenever i smoke, still gets me high..but that metallic taste though...

Is this normal?
also, if it isn't, and those of you with fm do you smell something metalicy in your fm chamber without weed?

firsttimer,

max

Out to lunch
I've used a couple of new FM's without any taste or smell issues, but you should always 'burn-in' any vape before using it, just to make sure any residue from manufacturing gets burned off.

I thought the only draw restritction came in the ceramic screen
There's a screen in the bottom of the bowl/heating chamber, and one in the mouthpiece, but neither is ceramic. They're both metal. The restrictor plate is there to slow down air flow so those who don't understand how a really hard draw affects vapor temp don't end up with no vapor at all. I drilled the center hole out a little with a 5/64" bit. You could go bigger with the hole, but I'd be careful. Once you've drilled, you can't go back. You can get a mouthpiece on eBay for $10-12 though.

max,
Reactions: Pipes

Bebop

Way of the Mild
I just drilled the whole restricter plate off, works way better than before. This is my first vape so at first I wasn't drawing correctly , I found that the sipping technique works better than drawing with a complete seal with your lips on the mouth piece , I just sip it straight to the lung like a joint . At first I thought I wasn't getting any vapor , but after some practice in front of a mirror I got the technique down, I found the vapor travels very fast with the sipping technique, and the puck doesn't get sucked up as often . And I'm amazed at how little smell vaping gives off , I used to smoke outside when I combust , now I just vape in my room and nobody at my house notices any thing lol I'm loving vaping now

Teedub

Is this normal?
also, if it isn't, and those of you with fm do you smell something metalicy in your fm chamber without weed?

My FM stunk bad when i pulled it out of the package, best thing i found was to apply vinegar/baking soda solution to the silicone above the oven then wash and burn off, then also iso applied to the silicone again wash with water and do as many burn offs as possible. repeat this process till its more palatable.

The other main issue that's been reported is the yellow tape holding the oven inside the device, just burn offs and continued use of heater to cure off the stink.
Takes time and patience to burn off without using a new vape I know, but worth it :)

Ah ok thanks, I thought the only draw restritction came in the ceramic screen, I removed that but I will have to try drilling bigger holes in the metal screen

Im pretty sure the original v5 had a ceramic screen not sure if the v5.0 did also, but the v5.0s does not.

Last edited:
Teedub,
Reactions: KeroZen

Bebop

Way of the Mild
After I used up all power the light flashes red, I charged it for about an hour and the charging light is still red ,and when I try to turn it on the button light just flashes red again, does it have to charge fully to be turned on again?

Bebop,

Wahiker

If your battery was completely drained, it can take maybe an hour and a half to fully recharge. While charging, it's normal for the light to be steady red. However, it does sound weird that after an hour of charging, you'd still get a flashing red light. If it were me, I'd unplug it and let it sit for a while (at least 5 - 10 minutes), then try again. If you still get a continuously flashing red light (not just when you initially plug it in), then it might be a defect.

Wahiker,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I had this impression once or twice like @Bebop : after a full drain and what appeared to be some time charging, it was still flashing red when I unplugged it. I just left it longer and it was fine. This is why you need to have at least two vapes though, you don't want to risk having any time vape-less because this is when you could be tempted to combust again (unless you are completely cured of course, I know I wouldn't combust now but when I started vaping I could feel the old habit calling me back and was very anxious when I was far from power outlets for too long...)

KeroZen,

max

Out to lunch
Im pretty sure the original v5 had a ceramic screen not sure if the v5.0 did also, but the v5.0s does not.
The V5.0S isn't a newer version of the V5.0. Pretty sure the S just signifies a silicone mouthpiece. As for ceramic, I don't believe they ever used that for anything but the heating chamber. With this design, a ceramic screen that would fit would be so thin it would easily break.
This is why you need to have at least two vapes though, you don't want to risk having any time vape-less because this is when you could be tempted to combust again (unless you are completely cured of course, I know I wouldn't combust now but when I started vaping I could feel the old habit calling me back and was very anxious when I was far from power outlets for too long...)
First time I can recall smoking herb being referred to as a disease that requires vaping as a cure. :lol: Thankfully I have a vape of some kind in every corner of the house, to save me from smoking. And with no vape at hand, I still say no to smoke as long as I can go home and vape. Now if you're talking about smoking cigs, that'll certainly qualify as a cause of disease and even :rip:.
Yea , it's back to normal now after I charged it longer
Glad your FM is back to normal. As KeroZen said though, if you don't have a back-up vape, think about getting one.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
As for ceramic, I don't believe they ever used that for anything but the heating chamber.

There was this porous white thing inside the silicone mouthpiece at some point though, that we assumed was ceramic, and looked like a rough screen with a few holes. It was pretty thick and it was advised to remove it to improve airflow. There was one in the fixed temp FM5 I bought for my gf at least.

First time I can recall smoking herb being referred to as a disease that requires vaping as a cure. :lol:

Hehe it was initially a translation error but I like this meaning too! I don't know if it was due to the nicotine or combustion in general, as I stopped the two at once, but I don't feel that awful craving to smoke anymore since I'm 100% vaping. It feels more deliberate at least.

max

Out to lunch
There was this porous white thing inside the silicone mouthpiece at some point though, that we assumed was ceramic, and looked like a rough screen with a few holes. It was pretty thick and it was advised to remove it to improve airflow. There was one in the fixed temp FM5 I bought for my gf at least.
They must have done away with that in pretty quick order. My single temp FM is almost 3 months old and didn't have one.
I don't know if it was due to the nicotine or combustion in general, as I stopped the two at once, but I don't feel that awful craving to smoke anymore since I'm 100% vaping. It feels more deliberate at least.
I gave up the cancer sticks almost 20 years ago (they were killing me, so no fond memories there), and 10 years later even the cannabis smoke was getting to me. Vapor, OTOH, has not been a problem. :tup: :bowdown:

Teedub

The V5.0S isn't a newer version of the V5.0. Pretty sure the S just signifies a silicone mouthpiece. As for ceramic, I don't believe they ever used that for anything but the heating chamber. With this design, a ceramic screen that would fit would be so thin it would easily break.

Im just pointing out the different releases. Smiss has stated the V had the silicone MP, V5.0 they started using glass MP's and the V.50S has both the glass MP and the variable temp's. But really who knows I've seen plenty of vendors selling the FM with both mp's etc.

Here's an image with the ceramic? screen thing

10703-flowermate-v50-contents.jpg

Trev

So I dropped mine last night and thought it was fine but then noticed the power button was stuck in. I thought that was the end of it and was prepared to unscrew it and try and fix it but decided that I'd just wack it hard on a table and it fixed it! I just bought a second one though just in case it happens again!

One question I have, does anyone know where you could get a car charger (or USB charger) for it on the UK?

Trev,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right, this. This was in my 5.0 that I got from the massdrop.
scs7b9.jpg

Edit: Mine also came with both mouthpieces.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Reactions: KeroZen

Bebop

Way of the Mild
Is it safe to try to reclaim the oil from the mouthpiece screen by heating it with flame? I use a pair of tweezers to hold the screen above a lighter to try and smoke the oil . I read somewhere in the thread that said the screens contain nickel so I didn't know if it's safe or not .

Bebop,
Is it safe to try to reclaim the oil from the mouthpiece screen by heating it with flame? I use a pair of tweezers to hold the screen above a lighter to try and smoke the oil . I read somewhere in the thread that said the screens contain nickel so I didn't know if it's safe or not .
I really have no knowledge of the safety of doing this, but I would do this without thinking too much about it

the_television,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I just received my FM. What exactly should i do first....ie. charge, burnoff, iso wipedowns...? Maybe i just answered my own question.

Slow Draw McGraw,

Teedub

I tried the davinci oil cans in my fm last night, my can came with ss wool not cotton.
Worked ok, decent flavour but light clouds as expected no mess though which was a worry.

I'm gonna drill out the bottom hole on 1 of the dv can's and see if I can increase the air through the oil.
The cans are a pretty good fit, only a slight gap around the can and the mouthpiece feels like it seats on the top of the can when screwed down. The silicone lids don't fit.

Teedub,
Top Bottom