FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I'm sorry Ed, I meant to say, me and Randy sometimes share pics of our set ups for the night. He had this really pretty looking WonG he was using for his FM. Randy is good people and has taken very good care of me.

No sweat bro, I have gotten to know Randy some what over the past and he is a good guy, hes into alot of the shit I am, not just vapes and such but the outdoors and all. Met him one time at a tradeshow, he gave me a call to meet up, told me where to be and that I would know him when I saw him cause he was the tallest guy there, be damned if he wasnt the tallest guy, he was towering over me, lol! What he tells me about his new place and all makes me wanna hit him up for a visit, he is in a great spot!

danthepan124

Hello and good morning! @virtualpurple and @Slow Draw McGraw Thanks so much for the kind words guys, I do so appreciate them and you all! I am just thankful that I am able to do what I love and have people like you all that love what I do! I am truly blessed! By the way where is this video of Randy at PIU using the flowermate with one of my pieces? I gotta tell you all the Randy is a great great guy and has done so much for me and my biz!

Ahhh man i can't wait till you have more FM Stems :D

danthepan124,

Aner

somewhere I heard that the Flowermate created a smell in the cannabis. I notice there are some plastic parts around the bowl - and wonder if they are using cheap Chinese plastic..

How are people doing regarding the out of the box odor?

Thanks!

Aner,

danthepan124

somewhere I heard that the Flowermate created a smell in the cannabis. I notice there are some plastic parts around the bowl - and wonder if they are using cheap Chinese plastic..

How are people doing regarding the out of the box odor?

Thanks!
Once I got it out of the box, I did a session with nothing inside and just let it sit. You can do one or two session then the odor should go away

danthepan124,
Reactions: KeroZen
Got my Flowermate 5s just about 3 weeks ago and I am loving this thing. It's my first real vape, but it's easy to use, discreet, and works great! I may never combust again* (Probably not true though)

Only have two minor problems with it.
The first is just that it's really hard to get the mouthpiece off after use. I like to put my stuff away immediately after a session, but the base of the mouthpiece gets too hot, and even then I guess because it's heated it becomes really difficult to turn. Probably nothing I can do about that though.

The second is clogging/draw resistance that most people have talked about already. Again, it works out fine if I just clean it after each use, but I wish I could the AVB from accumulating at the base of the mouthpiece so quickly. Though I have noticed a lot of people here talking about the "bottom screen" causing problems. Are you guys referring to the bottom of the chamber? Because so far my chamber looks relatively clean, all I do is brush it occasionally. Am I missing something?

Anyway, cheers FC for helping me finally find a vape that works for me!

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Got my Flowermate 5s just about 3 weeks ago and I am loving this thing. It's my first real vape, but it's easy to use, discreet, and works great!..........Anyway, cheers FC for helping me finally find a vape that works for me!

1. Screw the mouthpeice on with just enough torque to keep it from wobbling, NOT your traditional "its on there real good" sort of tightening.
2.Take very slow draws. Pretend its hot coffee and you are taking slow sips.

Hope that helps! Welcome to vaporizing! !

Wahiker

I agree with 1. above and would suggest also cleaning it with ISO (like dip a qtip or the edge of a paper towel) and wipe off the threads (inside and outside).

I also agree with 2. above and would add one more suggestion that I was going to share with the group anyway, since I haven't seen this mentioned yet. About a month ago, I cut a chunk of brass pipe screen I had left over from combustion days into a square shape (not round) that just fits in the round hole but with a little room on the sides for some air to flow, and then I push that on top of the load. What this extra screen does is it helps hold the load in place, especially after it inevitably starts to dry out (which is when the fine particles tend to be freed up and thereby able to clog the screen at the base of the mouthpiece). Anyway, it works really well (better than I expected) and I don't really even need to clean it each day.

Also, regarding the screen at the bottom of the oven -- like you, I haven't had any problem with this clogging, perhaps because (a) I try not to grind my herb too fine, and (b) if I'm vaping any kief, I always put a layer of herb down first which helps keep the screen from being exposed to the melting kief. I also clean the bottom screen with ISO, but the key being to clean it upside down so gravity is working in your favor.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's probably safe but some people have concerns with brass as it often contains lead (unless it's naval brass, which is more expensive) Stainless steel is the prefered metal for screens. Note that the original screens contain nickel and it might be an issue for some people too.

I don't use any screen in the FM5 bowl but instead I tamp the load relatively hard using the provided tool flat edge. It makes a little puck and it stays this way the entire session. When I'm done and I empty the bowl it keeps its shape and looks like a small cylinder of weed poo...

If you manage to control your drawing speed and compact the load, nothing or very litle should fly. Lately I even started using the device without the mouthpiece screen, as it required a systematic cleaning after every session otherwise it would clog. It works fine this way! The oil reclaim on the glass part of the straw has a lovely amber color and is free of large particles.

Wahiker

Wow, I never had heard about lead in brass before, but this what Wikipedia says on the subject:

To enhance the machinability of brass, lead is often added in concentrations of around 2%. Since lead has a lower melting point than the other constituents of the brass, it tends to migrate towards the grain boundaries in the form of globules as it cools from casting. The pattern the globules form on the surface of the brass increases the available lead surface area which in turn affects the degree of leaching. In addition, cutting operations can smear the lead globules over the surface. These effects can lead to significant lead leaching from brasses of comparatively low lead content.
I would hope that screen manufacturers would use a brass formulation that does not include lead, but you never know. I had used brass under the theory that the edges of the brass screen (brass being a soft metal) would be less abrasive to the oven walls, but given this warning I think I'll switch to SS.

It may be due to my herbs coming to me drier than KeroZen's since my "puck" generally expands and migrates to the top, even with slow drawing, which is why I added the extra screen.

Wahiker,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah whatever works for you mate! As long as you enjoy your device that's what matters only. For the lead it's probably safe too, I just know some people were concerned when it's used in bowls.

KeroZen,
Reactions: Wahiker

jimi62471

too funny to see so many people here talking about a second screen. started doing that a while ago.. makes it function better longer, but it still needs to be cleaned far too often.

jimi62471,

fw liker

Hi every. One!
I saw on the smiss site that they have a new model the v5 pro with total control of the temp !
Did someone heard of it ?

fw liker,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
If anyone decides to drill out any restrictor plate holes, I ordered a MP with the black silicone tip(from EB)and the holes in the restrictor plate are further apart. I actually will not be drilling out any holes in my new MP. Im just going to switch the Boro out with the silicone on MP since the both come off. Looks really stealth with the black mouthpeice and stays cooler than the glass.

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: Pipes
Got my Flowermate 5s just about 3 weeks ago and I am loving this thing. It's my first real vape, but it's easy to use, discreet, and works great! I may never combust again* (Probably not true though)

Only have two minor problems with it.
The first is just that it's really hard to get the mouthpiece off after use. I like to put my stuff away immediately after a session, but the base of the mouthpiece gets too hot, and even then I guess because it's heated it becomes really difficult to turn. Probably nothing I can do about that though.

The second is clogging/draw resistance that most people have talked about already. Again, it works out fine if I just clean it after each use, but I wish I could the AVB from accumulating at the base of the mouthpiece so quickly. Though I have noticed a lot of people here talking about the "bottom screen" causing problems. Are you guys referring to the bottom of the chamber? Because so far my chamber looks relatively clean, all I do is brush it occasionally. Am I missing something?

Anyway, cheers FC for helping me finally find a vape that works for me!
I do works remove the mesh filter and work without stem metal filter

andresacevedobotero,

startrec

I do works remove the mesh filter and work without stem metal filter
I proceed in the same way, the bottom acts as a filter with 5 small holes. For cleaning, I use a cotton swab with or without alcohol according the fouling.
I do not use the grinder anymore, with my FM, even large pieces of grass are also well vaporized , do not pass through the holes, and there are fewer particles and dust back into the mouthpiece.

Bebop

Way of the Mild
Recently I noticed the LED in the bowl is not lighting up , have u guys encounter this problem?

Bebop,

Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
Yes....forget it. Nothing you can do...won't impqct the vape.

Teaming,

Gardenerjeff

Gardenerjeff,
Reactions: Bebop

Bebop

Way of the Mild
I see , guess it's a common problem . The light is not very useful anyways ,can't use it when the oven is off . I removed the bottom chamber screen for cleaning again , this time it was so much easier , the advice to use a bent pin to push the screen from the bottom was useful indeed , only taken me couple minutes this time.

Bebop,

danthepan124

I see , guess it's a common problem . The light is not very useful anyways ,can't use it when the oven is off . I removed the bottom chamber screen for cleaning again , this time it was so much easier , the advice to use a bent pin to push the screen from the bottom was useful indeed , only taken me couple minutes this time.
did you have to take apart ur FM

danthepan124,

Bebop

Way of the Mild
did you have to take apart ur FM
Yes I did , there is some space just under the chamber bowl but it's hard to look inside, there are five holes under the chamber screen and u could use a bent mental pin or anything similar to push the bottom screen out , the first time I tried to take the screen out from above , but the screen was very badly scratched ,maybe the dental pick mentioned might work , but I'm not sure if it would bend the tip of the pick.

danthepan124

Yes I did , there is some space just under the chamber bowl but it's hard to look inside, there are five holes under the chamber screen and u could use a bent mental pin or anything similar to push the bottom screen out , the first time I tried to take the screen out from above , but the screen was very badly scratched ,maybe the dental pick mentioned might work , but I'm not sure if it would bend the tip of the pick.

If you ever have a chance can you make a video guide on how to take it apart?

danthepan124,
Top Bottom