FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Old English

How about the Flowermate v 5 Pro?

Get both, and the one you like less, keep as back up.

Give 20 people the same equipment, it will surprise me if they all did and used the same techniques.
Personal choice is subjective.
Quoted advice is sound if you cant try before you buy. I have the V5.0s and pro and use both randomly as i fancy. They just have different charachtors.
How long is a bit of string?

Estbarul

Hi! I just got my vaporizer yesterday, used it for the very first time! Pretty good! :) Do you always have to rinse the Mouthpiece after cleaning with ISO? I've heard of people that let it dry and other ones who clean it with hot water. Does a regular type of alcohol works? Cleaning the interior of the chamber with the stick that came with the FM is enough?

Thanks for the help, I've never had a vaporizer in my hands so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Estbarul,

max

Out to lunch
Do you always have to rinse the Mouthpiece after cleaning with ISO?
No, but if you're at a sink then why not? Only takes seconds and it's ready to go.
Does a regular type of alcohol works?
Rubbing alcohol is the cheapest. 70% is fine. I'd make sure it's only alcohol and water though.
Cleaning the interior of the chamber with the stick that came with the FM is enough?
Unless your bottom screen gets gunked up, just hold it upside down and clean with an alcohol soaked cotton swab.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
There's a message about the mini at the ordering page on puffitup.

Sorry for the delay, we are improving the design and expect the minis to arrive in 1-2 weeks.

I wonder what kind of improvements they're talking about?

jackhammer

Just wondering...I have a D020 bubbler on the way (from DHGate) to use with my Solo but would like to use it with my FM 5.0 as well.
Does anyone have suggestions on an adapter (DIY or one I can buy for not too much) that will allow me to use my FM with the new bubbler?
Thanks!

Did you manage to hook up the flowermate with the D020? Do you need additional attachments?

Mine arrived today and this is what I've got. What do I do next lol

Last edited:
jackhammer,

Estbarul

No, but if you're at a sink then why not? Only takes seconds and it's ready to go.

Rubbing alcohol is the cheapest. 70% is fine. I'd make sure it's only alcohol and water though.

Unless your bottom screen gets gunked up, just hold it upside down and clean with an alcohol soaked cotton swab.

Thanks, I'll clean with the 70%, until it runs out.

I'm starting to get the feel on the FM5, I don't really get big clouds, nor do I know how to hit properly in my opinion, can't get the clouds I see people on youtube get. Is there a way to easily change the draw resistance? I've seen some who open up the device and drill some holes but I'm not really sure about how to do it. I still get pretty high tho, so I don't know if clouds = stoned, probably not.

Estbarul,

max

Out to lunch
It's natural to want to see visible vapor on exhale, and the more you see the more you feel like the vape is working great. But it is a trap, to some extent. If you're using a portable and want to see lots of vapor, you need to pack quite a bit and crank up the temp right away. It also depends on the model you use, to some degree. With the FM, a full bowl will produce more vapor per hit, and high temps produce thicker, more visible vapor. That's certainly an option, but you shouldn't get hung up on it. You'll end up using more herb on a consistent basis. I've always felt like it was more efficient (and more enjoyable) to start with a lower temp and move it up higher only when vapor production tails off. There are certainly times when I like to start at a higher temp with a fresh bowl, so I do like the option.

Vapor isn't nearly as visible as smoke, so if you want to see it on exhale you need good lighting. There are times when you won't feel the hit, and may not think you're getting much or any vapor, but exhale under good lighting and you'll often easily see the vapor that wouldn't otherwise be visible.
I've seen some who open up the device and drill some holes but I'm not really sure about how to do it.
You can take out the restrictor plate and drill out the center hole to a larger diameter. I used a 5/64" bit if I remember right, and you could go a little bigger. I think some restriction is good though. Make the hole too big and you'll really have to adjust your draw speed, since you'll be pulling much more cold air in (and dropping your vaping temp). If the draw restriction really bothers you though, you can compensate for the freer draw and temp drop by slowing down your hits and/or using a higher temp.
I still get pretty high tho
Then the bottom line is that you're getting vaped, whether you see or feel the hits or not. Judge by how much you load and how you feel when the bowl is done. You can also make clouds when you want to get there quick. It's nice to have options, vs. the one note that's smoking.

Estbarul

Thanks a lot for the reply Max!, really helps me out. I think I don't really know how to use this vaporizer... yet!

I thought it was going to be simpler, I’ve vaped only once in my life before buying the Flowermate, none of my friends have a vaporizer so I’m like diving alone into this non combustion lifestyle, this is the only place I know where I can get some answers. I’ll keep on changing the use of it, lower temps, higher temps, tight packing, not so tight so see what changes, I’m a bit scared of opening my device since I’m student with little income per month in a third world country lol so it does represents an important expense and don’t want to fuck it up.

One of the reasons I bought the device is because I was diagnosed with an illness regarding the respiratory system, which I think could be related to smoking (I’m a regular, 5 times per week or so) and I wasn’t even checked on because of that. So I really want to take care of myself a lil bit more and vape my way out of this, hoping this fix my nose without having to stop smoking at all heh. My friends loved the Flowermate tho! One said “Everyone should have one of those in their lives”

Estbarul,

max

Out to lunch
I’m a bit scared of opening my device
If you're talking about the mouthpiece you'll need to take that apart eventually, for cleaning.
I was diagnosed with an illness regarding the respiratory system, which I think could be related to smoking
I don't know if you're talking about smoking tobacco or mj. Tobacco certainly, with thousands of chemicals added to it, is bad for you. I know that from experience. For me, even smoking mj eventually taxed my lungs. I was to the point of putting my mj pipe away for good, and giving up on mj entirely, when I discovered vaporizing. 10 years later my lungs are still complaint free.

Some good videos on youtube. You might get a few good tips. I know there are vids on the FM. You might also want to search youtube for this old instructional- a9luNVYlT_E. The vape used is an old box vape, but he still has some useful info for new vaporists.

hippogriff

You can take out the restrictor plate and drill out the center hole to a larger diameter. I used a 5/64" bit if I remember right, and you could go a little bigger. I think some restriction is good though. Make the hole too big and you'll really have to adjust your draw speed, since you'll be pulling much more cold air in (and dropping your vaping temp). If the draw restriction really bothers you though, you can compensate for the freer draw and temp drop by slowing down your hits and/or using a higher temp.
However you change the mouthpiece, there's still 5 tiny holes for air to enter the bowl down below. I have my mouthpiece completely drilled out & remade w ss screen, there's still plenty of draw resistance. I have more control to play with and zero clogging issues, but when I'm sharing I can still say "draw slow" and newbies get it.

hippogriff,

Haunts

I found it annoying that they designed the FM so that mouthpiece fits in the bottom for portability but not any of the tools but I have found a solution for the packing tool. If you drill out the 5 holes in the mouthpiece
E4kSjyq.jpg
the packing tool will fit inside, lol just remember to remove it when you go to use it.
Ucaqeao.jpg

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Did you manage to hook up the flowermate with the D020? Do you need additional attachments?

Mine arrived today and this is what I've got. What do I do next lol

I`m still waiting for some one with some hands on experience to help me out on this one...

Did yours come with a 18mm male to male adapter? If so, insert it your D020
Next, wrap some Teflon around your glass mouth MP for your FM (enough to make an air tight fit). With the MP attatched to your vape, turn your unit upside down and insert it in the top hole in the 18mm male to male adapter. It might not sit up on its own, but this will still work. Highest temp might work best. Also, let heat soak for a few seconds after temp is reached. When drawing from the D020, do not pull hard, find a nice slow steady draw. This peice has no drag IMO so slow and steady.

Last edited:

Sash1mi420

Received my FM v5.0s a day early, which was great. It's ok I guess, it's portable. I think I should of bought the pro instead. I find it pretty hot, so I take my hits when it's starting up. And while hitting it during start up, it keep its taste longer. And when at home I use my underdog for great taste, my dog is good to me And my volcano sits in the closet waiting to be fix one day,but the dog is great and convenient.

Sash1mi420,
Reactions: KeroZen

happyvapeman

Did yours come with a 18mm male to male adapter?

Thanks @Slow Draw McGraw I`ve got a PVHES GonG that will work with my Solo but I`m still waiting for my D020 to arrive from DHGate...I think it will include a male to male 18mm adapter so I`ll try the FM out with the tape when the bubbler arrives...

Whatever size tubing thick underdog silicone is.. A snip of it is all you need.

Excellent, I`ve got some 1/2" silicone tubing that might work...I`ll give it a try!

Randy hooked me up with one of these:http://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-Universal-Adapter-p/fm09.htm

Works well with all my Flowermates...even the Mini.

Thanks, that`ll definitely get the job done and it`s just a question of spending a few dollars...

I`ll probably try Teflon tape or silicone tubing (or some combination of the two) first and see if I like it and then decide from there, but thanks everybody on doing a great job of answering my question...much appreciated! :tup:

Last edited:

Longen

Hey guys anywhere in the UK to order a mini? Vapefiends not going to stock them, i had 2 alfas and they both broke lol i got the air as my main vape, wanted another little beast. Seen a few on ebay. Thanks guys :-)

Longen,

Longen

Thanks, looks like ill be ordering one from ebay, £55 free p&p, a good review on youtube also about the v5.0s mini, it looks pretty awesome for the money :-)

Longen,

TimSolo

Engineer and vaporizer aficionado
Hey guys anywhere in the UK to order a mini? Vapefiends not going to stock them, i had 2 alfas and they both broke lol i got the air as my main vape, wanted another little beast. Seen a few on ebay. Thanks guys :-)
What did you do to destroy 2 alfa's!? Don't own one but they look so sturdy!

I just came across vape-studio, does anyone have experience with them? They're based in UK and selling the Flowermate mini for only £69.99!
http://www.vape-studio.com/?product=flowermate-mini-v5-0s

I also checked with Vapefiend, I suspect he doesn't want to sell it because it would compete with the storm vaporizer (which they partially designed themselves) ;).

The Flowermate mini is the perfect festival unit to me. Where I live, they often check your backpack for dangerous objects and drugs, but a 'powerbank' is perfectly fine to bring with you ;). Hiding in plain sight...

Edit: The same seller is also on ebay, 55.99 for the mini is quite a steal! Is this guy legit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flowermate-...583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf984fb1f

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
I just came across vape-studio, does anyone have experience with them? They're based in UK and selling the Flowermate mini for only £69.99!
http://www.vape-studio.com/?product=flowermate-mini-v5-0s
No, but I'm sure they're legit. Nobody sets up a site like that just to scam a few people.
I also checked with Vapefiend, I suspect he doesn't want to sell it because it would compete with the storm vaporizer (which they partially designed themselves)
Maybe, but size wise the V5.0/S is more comparable to the Storm and he sells those. His isn't the only site that sells Flowermate and lacks the Mini. The Storm was an upgrade to the base X-Max V2, using Vapefiend's chosen features. Since then (no surprise) Topgreen has adopted some of the changes for the X-Max.

Edit: The same seller is also on ebay, 55.99 for the mini is quite a steal! Is this guy legit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flowermate-...583?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf984fb1f
Again, he's there to sell and make money, not rip off a few people. Besides, you have buyer protection with eBay. A few years ago I (along with some other buyers) got ripped off on eBay by an iPad seller. We had to play the waiting game for a while (after it was apparent it was a scam), but everyone ended up getting a refund. You can buy from him with confidence, especially on eBay.

TimSolo

Engineer and vaporizer aficionado
No, but I'm sure they're legit. Nobody sets up a site like that just to scam a few people.

Maybe, but size wise the V5.0/S is more comparable to the Storm and he sells those. His isn't the only site that sells Flowermate and lacks the Mini. The Storm was an upgrade to the base X-Max V2, using Vapefiend's chosen features. Since then (no surprise) Topgreen has adopted some of the changes for the X-Max.
Hmm good point. In that case it's just odd that he doesn't care for this unit.

Again, he's there to sell and make money, not rip off a few people. Besides, you have buyer protection with eBay. A few years ago I (along with some other buyers) got ripped off on eBay by an iPad seller. We had to play the waiting game for a while (after it was apparent it was a scam), but everyone ended up getting a refund. You can buy from him with confidence, especially on eBay.
Thanks for reassuring me! I've actually never bought from ebay. All I ever heard about it was that there might be warranty issues because sellers don't necessarily stay around for long, so I never bothered with it. Until now...

I just bought the mini from him, arrives somewhere beginning of July!

TimSolo,

max

Out to lunch
there might be warranty issues
That's true. It depends on the manufacturer's policy. Sometimes eBay is the best deal, all things considered, sometimes not, if it's a pricey item and you get no warranty. With the Flowermate, even assuming Smiss will provide warranty svc., IMO it's not worth sending it back to China due to the high shipping cost. With a vape like this you need to depend on the reseller/retailer for warranty coverage.

Top Bottom