FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Episode666

Just arrived!! Thanks to puffitup on this slick deal with coupon code on their website.

UhwCFbG.jpg

FgxeZ4A.jpg

LKYUixV.jpg

...to be continued, of course! Vape on, friends :rockon:

Edit: also, since the battery was as dead as they get, I will be able to report with battery capacity right away
sEXiWuz.jpg

Edit 2: First charge from 0% took 2880mAh. My 4 Air batteries takes 2000mAh.

Last edited:

max

Out to lunch
I have both and you couldn't prove it by me one is significantly hotter than the other. IMO both get hot enough to merit due caution. Why they decided to stop labeling the danger I don't know. Maybe they don't have Lawyers where then come from? It's on thing to not label stuff folks should know is hot but another one entirely to take a warning off a product line without a very very good reason.

OF
Mine unscrews without having to touch the metal and it hasn't really been an issue during use, as far as accidentally touching it. If I listed what I didn't like about the FM, this wouldn't be near the top. My #1 complaint is LED visibility in the sun.

OF

Mine unscrews without having to touch the metal and it hasn't really been an issue during use, as far as accidentally touching it. If I listed what I didn't like about the FM, this wouldn't be near the top. My #1 complaint is LED visibility in the sun.

I agree, handling it by the glass part until the metal is cool enough works for me. With the Mini, I just drop the hot stem in the well (metal 'down') since it's silicone rubber on the bottom. Not so the full size ones.

I get the 'not bright enough for daylight' thing, then again it's sometimes 'too bright in low light' as it is.......tough compromise to find. Maybe we need a light sensor to 'read' ambient light and change the LED brightness as needed? I've got a radio that does that......

OF

comeatmebro

I think it's normal. You can't go waving it around but it's not going to fall off if you're careful I think. I have no problem holding it by the bottom at least. I trust you're not talking about standing the lot upright on the table?

I'm not sure it's realistic to expect the shoulder to come up flush, glass pieces seem to vary some in length, what fit one that way might be too short for the next? And if it was even at tiny bit short it'd hold the joint open for a nasty air leak.

I say enjoy it for what it is. Or get Ed's Wong stem?

OF

Maybe this picture will help. pretty much none of the adapter goes in the PNWT. I am considering Ed's TNT. But I don't want to spend $25 and be in the same situation. Maybe my PNWT is defective?

9jSUYqL.jpg

comeatmebro,
Reactions: OF

OF

Maybe this picture will help. pretty much none of the adapter goes in the PNWT. I am considering Ed's TNT. But I don't want to spend $25 and be in the same situation. Maybe my PNWT is defective?

I still don't think so. For the same reasons.

OF

OF,

Episode666

Hi all, I'm new here, first post. Anyway after doing some reading I decided to buy a FlowerMate mini. I'm super excited, is there anything I should know about it before it gets here? This will be my first vape :D.

We've been using our new mini intensively since we received it, and it's very good. For the first few empty/burn off sessions there was a very unpleasant smell, read somewhere it's some polyamide tape. I remember the first bowls tasting very bad, but the unit was just so small and convenient that I didn't care all that much. The smell and taste are now entirely gone, and the inside of the oven chamber smells like good old vaped buds.

Everyone has its own preferences, so you will have to experiment, but here's how I do it. I load it lightly, and shake the unit by tapping my finger on it. Start on blue, and on the second 5 minutes session when the vapor production is less intense, I bump it up to purple. Again, when it seems like it's not making as much vapor, I bump it to red. I feel the taste is better that way. You can tell if you bump the temperature too soon easily as the vapor will become harsh.

Also, since you will be waiting several long weeks for your unit, you could order a battery pack like this one to go along with it, because a micro usb charging port is simply awesome on anything portable, especially a vaporizer, so you could make good use of it while on the go. You can get a case for this battery here. Both are great values.

Honestly, I would cancel your order and get it from Randy at PIU for 85$ with coupon code MINI. You get express shipping, and real life prompt after-sale customer service. Everyone praises his service here for a reason, I got the Mini for my girlfriend's birthday so I wanted to make sure the unit was genuine and here in time, but also that if it breaks down in a few months I'm not on my own.

Last edited:

OF

Gentle Friends,

I'm sure I'm not alone in the opinion that the biggest PITA part of keeping the FM clean and running is the stem, especially the fine screen? It fouls quickly (if your herb is good.....) and in the Mini (my favorite right now) is awkward to get to. You have to strip the glass part out then coax the screen plate out.....and even then it's not all that easy to clean.

So my new technique uses a 5cc or so syringe and inch or so piece of 1/4 ID (3/8 OD) piece of silicone tube to mate it up to the stem (completely assembled). The syringe is then used to pump hot detergent (Powdered Brewery Wash in my case) through it (back and forth) for half a minute or so followed by a few rinses in hot water. Shaking it out gets most of the water, the remainder evaporates very fast (or you could simply screw it on the FM and get to vaping. A pinch of PBW in a shot glass of hot water in the sink, two or 3 minutes tops. Nothing small to lose or damage (the stem stays assembled).

OF

zorn

Recieved the Mini from Aliexpress, and well it is an original unit! :) checked the QR scratch-code...

Never thought that the FM mini would be that great... Used to use an Iolite and an Titan 2, but vaping with the Mini i a complete different feeling! I love it!! And even i would not care if i would not see any clouds: it is nice to have some clouds and visible vapor!

Even my friends (they dont like vaping) are stunned! They love the possibility to use it as an power bank ;)

I am absolutely in love with it!!

capcoho

Gentle Friends,

I'm sure I'm not alone in the opinion that the biggest PITA part of keeping the FM clean and running is the stem, especially the fine screen? It fouls quickly (if your herb is good.....) and in the Mini (my favorite right now) is awkward to get to. You have to strip the glass part out then coax the screen plate out.....and even then it's not all that easy to clean.

So my new technique uses a 5cc or so syringe and inch or so piece of 1/4 ID (3/8 OD) piece of silicone tube to mate it up to the stem (completely assembled). The syringe is then used to pump hot detergent (Powdered Brewery Wash in my case) through it (back and forth) for half a minute or so followed by a few rinses in hot water. Shaking it out gets most of the water, the remainder evaporates very fast (or you could simply screw it on the FM and get to vaping. A pinch of PBW in a shot glass of hot water in the sink, two or 3 minutes tops. Nothing small to lose or damage (the stem stays assembled).

OF

I have been using some very fine mesh screen on top of my load. The screen comes from SS mesh wick that's supposed to be used for a Genesis RDA. I cut about a square inch and make it into a little bowl. After loading I place this on top of the load and it doesn't get dirty and it keeps the load tamped down for the whole session.

I have been having great luck using less and less herb with this as well as being able to finish the load faster as the load stays down properly.

For some reason this really fine mesh does not get clogged easily while allowing air to flow through which also keeps the bottom screen of the mouthpiece clean.

I also like the fact the vape oil left in my mouthpiece is much cleaner looking stuff without much plant matter.

For a while I was using small washers on top of the load which worked fairly well but this mesh stuff works much better.

zorn

A question to you, guys:
How many sessions are you able to finish with one battery load?
I know, it depends on how long i use it and with which temp, but lets say i use it for 10 min each time, and cycling it up so each temp is running for about 3min....

I am asking because i forgot to count the amount of sessions i have ran it with one load... And somebody asked me if this unit would be usable for heavy users, so if he could vape the whole evening out with it...

thanks!

zorn,

subway13029

It has fairly good battery life..I don't count sessions but I use this one a few times a day say twice..and maybe charge every 5 days or so..I would feel super confident taking it out for the night to use heavily..it's a power bank so it's gotta have some juice..lol

subway13029,

capcoho

On the FM original it's good for 10 - 10 minute sessions. Actually longer if you have an already hot bowl and turn it on again to keep vaping.

Yes you could vape the whole evening with it.

zorn

Thanks for your answers!

Tried it for my self now, started with full battery, and let it on blue, standby. violet, standby. red, standby.
I putted an fan in front of it, to simulate the sucking of the users ;) (just a little wind blowing in the unit)

Well, i am really impressed:

5 ciycles with all 3 Temperature settings, and in the 6th cycle on violett the battery gave up.

so we are on a vaping time of... 1 hour and 20 minutes? Nice!!

(after 5 minutes to go in the standby, am i right? did not watched if this is right...)

SinewStew

My Wispr 2 just took a dump and I'm in the market for a new vaporizer. I'm looking for a vape that can crank the temp up a little higher than normal to take advantage of the CBD and CBN for PTSD related sleep disturbances. I am just going to use it around the house ,therefore size isn't really a big deal, but a desktop model would tie me to one location. I've noticed that the Flower Mate pro and version 8 fit the temp settings I require. Why is the Pro more expensive than the 8, considering that the 8 has monster batteries? Since stealth isn't a problem, which would you choose and why? Is there something inherently wrong with the version 8?

Thanks.

SinewStew,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The Pro costs more because it's great, and the V8 is... not so great! :p It's a shame because it was really promising, but the design is too convoluted... and they had to change things down the road... The end result is that it doesn't perform as good as it should. Too many materials in the air/vapor paths.

FluffMolotov

Hey guys,

I've been having great success with a domed SS screen under the original lower oven screen, seems to extract much better than standard - almost as good as an Arizer Air. Pressing lightly down on fluffily ground herb (new SC-Shredder, hollah) is another screen before the mouthpiece... Waterpipe adapter is just a 14mm glass taper and the original mouthpiec base - smushed into some 9mm silicone tubing.
drDKP7I.jpg

Vape on.

FluffMolotov,
Reactions: capcoho

capcoho

Since replacing the stock mouthpiece screen with a regular stainless steel version, I've found adding another screen to the bowl unnecessary. It doesn't clog during use and is easy to brush off between bowls. A thorough cleaning is needed less often than with the OEM screen.

I have tried this and it certainly helps with clogging and those oem screens are just odd imo. But I do feel adding a domed shape screen on top of the load does a better job and also ensures the load stays tamped down as the bottom of the mouthpiece pushes on the screen forcing it down. I also find I can finish my load faster which sometimes I prefer.

capcoho,
Top Bottom