FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL

Company Rep
Company Rep
Loving this vape. I like it. Takes me 10 minutes give or take to finish a nicely packed bowl. Easy to clean. But I do got a question. Are both screens removable from the mouthpiece? Or is it only one, the bottom one?
@Megaton is right about this, only the bottom screen behind the rubber ring is removable, not the other one inside of the glass tube.

FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL,
Reactions: Megaton

SimonSpeakeasy

So, after two years daily usage, my Nano has died (well, it starts warming but then switches off after a short period of time). Pretty sure I'll replace it with another one as I can't see anything out there which is better than the Nano for my requirements:
Removable 18650
Low draw resistance
Full control over temperature
Pocketable
Squarish form factor (i.e. not a pen)
Reasonable price (<£150)

SimonSpeakeasy,

ginolicious

Has anyone figured out microdosing or packing half loads in this?

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy a full bowl. And I find the full bowl works better. But if I am trying to conserve weed anyone have any suggestions on how to get good vapor production?

ginolicious,

Megaton

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy a full bowl. And I find the full bowl works better. But if I am trying to conserve weed anyone have any suggestions on how to get good vapor production?

I had reasonable success just tamping the load down (I'm a microdoser at heart). Perhaps that and putting another screen on top could help?

Megaton,
Reactions: KeroZen

Megaton

So you just pack half a bowl and tamp it down? Semi tight?

That is pretty much the only way I have used it! Same for any conduction vape really, but there seems be enough convection going on that it vapes the top as well, which other conduction vapes iv used usually miss.

Megaton,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah tamp the shit down! And if the puck rises because you draw too hard or if you shake the device, use the provided tamping metal tool to put it back down. It needs to make contact with the bottom of the bowl at all times.

Never filled a full bowl in any of my devices in fact, they are way too big! Excepted once back then in the Ascent... the thing was so fat it lasted for close to one hour if I recall correctly, a full charge worth of battery... and it kept producing and producing, I was totally wasted and had to take a nap afterwards. Fun experience, but not for me! :p

KeroZen,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So, after two years daily usage, my Nano has died (well, it starts warming but then switches off after a short period of time). Pretty sure I'll replace it with another one as I can't see anything out there which is better than the Nano for my requirements:
Removable 18650
Low draw resistance
Pocketable
Reasonable price (<£150)
I suggest you create your own thread in Ask FC. That way more FCers will see your requirements and have plenty of choices.

SimonSpeakeasy

I regularly use half or three quarter loads and it works just fine without tamping.

And, if by 'vapour production' you mean producing 'clouds', I don't really understand why people are interested in this. But feel free to persuade me!

SimonSpeakeasy,

ginolicious

Geez. I been using this thing wrong. Haha.

I been doing full bowls. Over 15 minute sessions. But I really wanna have smaller sessions and use less bud haha. I usually pack full, 180C, 190c and then 205 or 215. Every 5 minutes I will raise temp.

I do usually pull real hard on this unit. Based on what @KeroZen said I guess I shouldn’t be a vacuum haha. I’ll try this tonight with my candida CD1 strain. Half a bowl and tamp it down with slow inhales. Thanks for the advice. The bowl is huge. I do feel like I’m plowing through bud.

FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL

Company Rep
Company Rep
Removable 18650
Low draw resistance
Pocketable
Reasonable price (<£150)
If you could wait for 20 days around, our new device CROSS would be a good fit! Except the part removable 18650, it's a built-in 16650 li battery.
Price (<$120)
:)

ginolicious

I must say. Doing less than half a bowl in this thing was super nice. I did finish the bowl off at 230c. But I did get some great hits and ready flavour. Didn’t get as much clouds as I normally do on a full pack. But I did get a nice 10 minute session five or take. Real nice indeed. Don’t think I’ll be doing full bowls solo anymore. Thinking it’s over kill.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Try to contact Mods here to change the name's thread.... cause it's a shitty name for web searches!

I exclusively micro-dose with this Nano but using the pods... I fill them fully but since they are so small... and it helps to avoid to gunk the threadings on the top of the bowl. I do the same with my Slick. Heating time is longer and vapor production is slightly affected but since I set temp at 210°C for a whole session I can kill a small pod in the 5mn session. Taste is affected too but the convenience for reload on the go is amazing!

ginolicious

How does everyone clean the plastic thing that the glass mouthpiece slides into?

I soak my glass in ISO. I pop the one screen out and soak that. But inside that plastic thing gets real gunked up. I was soaking in dawn dish soap. But it really doesn’t do a good job. I did use a q tip with a bit of iso quickly and then a good rinse and boy that q tip was nasty.

ginolicious,

SimonSpeakeasy

How does everyone clean the plastic thing that the glass mouthpiece slides into?

I soak my glass in ISO. I pop the one screen out and soak that. But inside that plastic thing gets real gunked up. I was soaking in dawn dish soap. But it really doesn’t do a good job. I did use a q tip with a bit of iso quickly and then a good rinse and boy that q tip was nasty.

I soak it in iso for a couple of minutes then twist a piece of kitchen towel into a point, dip that in iso then push that inside and twist it around. Very similar to what you do with your cotton bud but my method may get into the nooks & crannies of the mouthpiece better. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
Dish soap (aka washing up liquid) probably won't help at all because it just doesn't break up the gunk; stick with iso.

SimonSpeakeasy,

ginolicious

Anyone use this with rosin?

I’m debating about pressing rosin in the next few days and contemplating using this unit to vape it. I know it comes with the concentrate can. For the rosin do I need to put it on the cotton inside the can or can I vape without the cotton?

ginolicious,

Megaton

Anyone use this with rosin?

I’m debating about pressing rosin in the next few days and contemplating using this unit to vape it. I know it comes with the concentrate can. For the rosin do I need to put it on the cotton inside the can or can I vape without the cotton?

I haven't used mine with concentrates yet, but I had a look at the can and yes I would assume you will need the cotton in there (otherwise the concentrates would leak into your vape), which you will probably want to change out the cotton regularly too. Not an issue for me as I have loads from my ecig days.

Let us know how you get on with it though! Could be a nice change to my sai for portable concentrate.

Megaton,

ginolicious

I’ve been going strong with this vape daily since I got it. Really enjoying it. The ease of use and everything.

one thing I noticed is you really need to keep the bowl clean. I went about a month without cleaning and it’s almost becomes impossible to unscrew the mouth piece to pack a bowl. Really need to get into the threads and clean them with ISO frequently depending on usage. Something to keep in mind for sure.

ginolicious

Welp. What a day. My V5 nano broke.

Changing out the battery. A metal ring popped out and a wire ripped off the circuit board. No idea how that happened. Totally not happy about it.

ginolicious,

ginolicious

I will take a picture when I get back from work. It’s placing the metal ring inside the battery slot that I can’t seem to figure out either.

The wire may need to be sautered and I ain’t equipped to do that. The metal ring doesn’t fit in the battery slot because the wire is on the side and makes the slot smaller so it doesn’t fit properly. No idea how the hell it was in there in the first place.

ginolicious,

FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL

Company Rep
Company Rep
Which color is your favorite? black, blue, green, rose gold, I love all of them.
flowermatevape.jpg

Top Bottom