Flowermate Swift Pro

shaolinmilk

I just got this vape not too long ago and so far it's pretty damn good. If you can ignore the cheap plastic, and crappy battery life, this is one pleasing device.

Also, if the CFV from Boundless has a draw resistance similar to their older models, then the Swift Pro has it beat in that department pretty soundly.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

sickmanfraud

I just got this vape not too long ago and so far it's pretty damn good. If you can ignore the cheap plastic, and crappy battery life, this is one pleasing device.

Also, if the CFV from Boundless has a draw resistance similar to their older models, then the Swift Pro has it beat in that department pretty soundly.

You could say that the swift pro has a better draw resistance compared to your CFX but to say the CFV draw resistance is like CFX draw resistance without side by side use is unfair.

You spent your money and seem happy with the purchase, but no need to disparage the competition.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

ginolicious

How many bowls of sessions would you say the battery lasts? Is this a vape you need to carry a charger while going out or will it last? The 5.0 pro has 2.5 hours. But this convection with decent airflow is enticing.

ginolicious,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I get only two sessions with 3 to 4 temperature steps each and I need to charge it several times per day when using it like this.

I made a post precisely on that subject here, so I'll link to it instead of repeating myself >> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/boundless-cf-cfx-cf-hybrid.20584/page-90#post-1060452

To sum up: this vape invites you to session with it but you need to resist and extract faster. If only it had swappable cells this wouldn't be a problem...

PS: wooot! you are the one I already answered to in the other thread!!!!

KeroZen,

ginolicious

I don't know I'm having tough decision making issues when it comes to this vaporizer. I find it so cool and the fact it's convection. But the battery life is such a buzz kill on this. 2 bowls and then a need to charge it. I don't think I can bring this out with me. Some nights I vape more than I do others. Do have a desktop. But looking for quick and convenient bowls as the Vapir rise is sometimes too much of a production for me.

The fact that I got a bonus for my boss and now can actually use it to buy one but the battery is something I'm second guessing. Which is sad cause I now cannot find an alternative.

ginolicious,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
On the other hand it charges pretty fast. In about 30 minutes with a power bank you get enough juice back in for another session.

So in a way if you can afford to space your sessions by at least 30 minutes apart and carry a power bank with you (or have access to a USB port or wall wart charger) you should have your ass covered.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Swift shines with water filtration, I took off the mouthpiece and plugged a MFLB whip in the hole. the fact you can draw for a longer time give enough time to the convection heating system to work at 100%. It's amazing how , on this topic, it is similar to the MiniVap!
Is there any dedicaced WPA from Flowermate for the Swift?

Mulehead

It's amazing how , on this topic, it is similar to the MiniVap!

I agree also PPN, and was thinking of posting the same in the MV thread. Of course the MV is a heavier hitter, but the two pair nicely.

Anyone not getting to their desired level of extraction, a slightly tamped load helps to pull out all the goodies.
Again similar to my slightly tamped MV baskets.

This is really an impressive little device for the $$.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is there any plans from Flowermate about a glass mp and an aluminium ring?

Both would be a great improvement!

PPN,

sickmanfraud

I would like to mention here what I do to get the best extraction from my CFV (sister to SwiftPro)

WITHOUT a RING:

1. install the bottom screen to protect the airflow from the heater.
2. use an Arizer Extreme "top hat" screen on top of the screen (open end up)
3. Use retaining ring and funnel to put herbs into the open "top hat"
4. Install an additional screen in the bottom of the retaining ring (ledge about 1/8 inch up.
5. screw the retaining ring back on.
6. reinstall mouthpiece.

Excellent extraction even at 200 C and no pieces to clog the mouthpiece.

If any of you guys have a screen from an extreme Q for the mod on the CFX should at least try my suggestion for a bowl or two and see if you are getting better extraction.

JimmyJump

(made by same company as FM).

Out of interest who make the devices?

I'm desperate on a new vape, previously had the FM V5 (single temp version) and for the price I thought it was great, nice flavour with the pyrex mouthpiece and decent little clouds.
I'm torn between getting another flowermate (3 temp version) and the boundless cfc, however this swift seems very appealing

JimmyJump,

sickmanfraud

I'm desperate on a new vape, previously had the FM V5 (single temp version) and for the price I thought it was great, nice flavour with the pyrex mouthpiece and decent little clouds.
I'm torn between getting another flowermate (3 temp version) and the boundless cfc, however this swift seems very appealing

swiftpro more than twice the price of CFC

sickmanfraud,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Is there any plans from Flowermate about a glass mp and an aluminium ring?

Yes it's coming but only after CNY:

fmOycBR.png

Apparently it's not the same as the wide bore shorty announced by Boundless. Interesting nonetheless.

Meanwhile I've been using the "EasyFlow Crafty/Mighty glass mouthpiece" on my SwiftPro and it's compatible and works very well. Although it doesn't seem to cool the vapor more than the original MP (it gets warm at the end of the session) but at least it removes some plastic from the vapor path, so I prefer it this way.

You can get it on many Euro vaposhops, I got mine from Spain.

They are all manufactured by Shenzhen Smiss, same as your FlowerMate.

The SwiftPro/CFV are clearly not on the same league as the other conduction models like the FM or CFC. It's really a great vape, excepted for the battery life.

swifty17

swiftpro more than twice the price of CFC

Yeah I see that, but for better airflow and convection I may be tempted

Just a heads up, but the black friday coupon code for the Swift Pro still works. Using coupon code SW35 at PIU brings the price down to $142 which is only $53 more than the Boundless CFC. Still a bit more expensive, but not significantly so.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It looks like the Boundless CFV carry more love since it is already on its page n°26 while here we are only on the sixth one, it is incredible since units are identicals and the Swift price point is much lower than the CFV. Maybe cause Boundlessvapes is an american company (but products are still manufactured in China)... Is somebody knows if both units are made in the same factory(ies)? @KeroZen ?

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my FM Swift as it comes but I will give a look in the mods @Vape Dr. shares in the CFV thread.

PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
I bought my future mother-in-law a goboof alfa a while back and she enjoyed it a lot. She has recently been taliking about feeling like she is wasting some herb because of the conductive heating. I sent her some tips and bought her a water piece to help keep the vapor cooler.

I have a swift pro, and was thinking of gifting it to her. The vapor is cooler than the alfa was when I owned one, and it being convection won't waste herb after she turns it off. Do you all think it would be a good idea to send her the swift pro?

I was planning on buying my mother and her grasshoppers this year as they are, in design and features, close to perfect for them both. Each of them take just a hit or two and want something small and discreet looking.

I like the swift pro as a backup unit, and will need a new one (probably a different unit entirely) if I send this to her. My mother is still combusting at the moment and the only unit she kinda liked was the pax 2, but she didn't want to have to use a full oven (or even a half oven) in one sitting.

Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would ask and see what you all think. I appreciate any and all responses.

Happy vaping!

Glow

Sorry for the back to back posts, mods if you could merge them for me that would be wonderful. I am not looking for a comparison between vaporizers. I was more looking for a yes or no and why for each, if I should choose to send the swift pro to her.

Last edited by a moderator:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
http://blog.puffitup.com/2016/12/boundless-cfv-the-tear-down/

Love the swift pro. Superb flavour, big clouds. Got one at the same time as the IQ. The IQ sits in a draw.

One bad thing - battery life. When my swift pro gets older considering a mod.

Was looking at the CFV teardown above. Looking at the spec of the batteries 2x 18350 in series. From what i understand if i took 2x 18650 in series - this would work the same and be the same voltage.

I am then thinking of removing the existing batteries running the two cables out of a hole in the case and attaching them to a dual 18650 battery holder. Seen something similar done with a crafty.

Anyone see any problem with this? I know my warranty will be invalid obviously.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I was tempted to answer "yes no problem, should work". Then I re-read the teardown and if you look here:

boundless-cfv-tear-down-chasis-apart-2-pcs.jpg

...you can see that there is a tap coming out of inbetween the two cells. This is a good news in itself as it means the BMS is most probably doing balance charging and monitoring (a must when you have cells in series) But it also means that you will need 3 wires in/out of the device and not just two.

By the way the main wires look quite thin for so many amps, but I guess it's ok.

Top Bottom