flotilla went to Israel with 450kg cannabis by activists

stonedbob

100% THC
Israel intensifies struggle for legalization. 450 kilograms of cannabis are expected to arrive on Friday near the Israeli coast. The goal: to break the siege of marijuana in the state. These activists are at the port in the Mediterranean. the flotilla of protest, 'Adrelana', made in order to supply cannabis to patients who do not get their medicine in Israel. They invite the public to arrive to welcome them at the Gordon Beach in Israel on friday.

ARDALENA4.jpg

ARDALENA1.jpg

ARDALENA3.jpg

ARDALENA2.jpg

MinnBobber

Wow, I hope the Israeli narcs let this happen/ realize this is medicine and not an evil poison.

:) How does one get on the flotilla schedule as they are welcome to come up the Mississippi to Minnesota!
IMO, we need more civil disobedience cannabis actions like this to keep pushing for full legal.

ARDALENA2.jpg

JackBrus

Hi, @rozroz are you in Israel? How hard is it to find hash or weed there? I'm asking because here in Holland there is a lot of Lebanese hash (very nice, has a 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD. I like to mix it with the regular weed here, which are THC monsters). But I was in Jordania a year ago, and I learned that cannabis is hard to find, not only to me but also to my tourist guide (a local guy, who turned out to be a cannasseur as well !) Whereas in Egypt it is much easier.

So how's that in Israel? I know the border controls in Israel are very strict - due to other reasons, but making imports of hash hard, I would say. Or is there import? Or local production? Just curious, thanks.

rozroz

Hi, @rozroz are you in Israel? How hard is it to find hash or weed there? I'm asking because here in Holland there is a lot of Lebanese hash (very nice, has a 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD. I like to mix it with the regular weed here, which are THC monsters). But I was in Jordania a year ago, and I learned that cannabis is hard to find, not only to me but also to my tourist guide (a local guy, who turned out to be a cannasseur as well !) Whereas in Egypt it is much easier.

So how's that in Israel? I know the border controls in Israel are very strict - due to other reasons, but making imports of hash hard, I would say. Or is there import? Or local production? Just curious, thanks.

i'm not that into buying weed regularly so cannot really say,
but i DO know that if you have a serious dealer you can even get some medical weed and specific strains,
if you're lucky. that's what i do when a friend tells me of a deal.
but it lasts me so long that i only buy around every 3-6 months.

Farid

Lebanese hashish is very popular in the levant. I think it's pretty common in places like Jaffa. It is much cheaper in the North, but the risk buying is higher if you are not a local and don't speak Arabic or Hebrew. In Jaffa you are more likely to find somebody who speaks English, but the price will be higher.

Weed is likely to be significantly more expensive, since the hash produced in Lebanon is produced on a mass scale. Also you might want to clean up this hash with rosin, since it is mass produced.

For your own good, definitely make sure you have some locals showing you around, as you don't want to end up in an Israeli jail cell on your vacation. They are very strict, and intolerant towards cannabis.

Last edited:

Burt

In my limited experience of weed in Israel, the strict laws didn't actually mean much 'on the ground'. It was ~20 years ago, but there was a weird macho culture to cannabis, whereby volume was prized far above quality, and it was all about how big a bowl you could hit in one go.

The bud was ubiquitously ditch weed- loose brown overripe trash, full of sticks & seeds. I saw astonishingly little hash.

I'd hope things have gotten better there by now, goodness knows they could use some chill.

JackBrus

Thanks for the info. Today I learned ... LOL :)
@Farid - thanks for the warning against carelessly buying illicit materials in other countries :) I don't buy stuff when I cannot assess the risks.

JackBrus,
Reactions: stonedbob

JackBrus

The bud was ubiquitously ditch weed- loose brown overripe trash, full of sticks & seeds. I saw astonishingly little hash.

I'd hope things have gotten better there by now, goodness knows they could use some chill.

Heh heh. Yes the world would be a better place if people just smoked (or vaped :rockon:) some weed together Anyway: did the flotilla arrive on the shore? And were they able to distribute the goods? :leaf:

sickmanfraud

When I was in Israel for a year of college (1976-77) I knew someone deported to the USA for possession of a small amount of cannabis (about a small joint).

I am told that today possession of a small amount (personal use) is not such a big deal. However, someone caught selling is in for a world of trouble.

Street prices of cannabis are a deterrent to use I am told that cannabis sells for between $25 and $40 on the street!!

Don't get in a tizzy about prices for ill or suffering. Medical patients get their monthly allotment for the same price of a few dollars short of $100 per month.

I am not sure I agree with the premises that patients are not getting their medicine. People with cancers can get approval immediately from their oncologist.

Patients with other problems do go through a serious screening process which can include between 6 months and a year at a pain clinic.

It all depends on which pain clinic you go to. I had one doctor who wanted me to try methadone before he would approve cannabis?? (My brother said that methadone was logical. we all know that everyone who ever smoked a joint went on to become a heroin addict. starting with methadone stops the tragedy before it happens.)

For now, anyone who plans a visit to Israel should also plan on a T break.

Top Bottom