1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Florida accepting public comments, do your part and submit

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by MinnBobber, Feb 9, 2017.

1. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

http://www.floridahealth.gov/progra...-of-compassionate-use/comment-form/index.html

Florida Health Dept is accepting public comments on their possible modifications to their new MMJ law.
    - They want to limit to 10 conditions and no chronic pain
    - They want only the current 7 nurseries so not much competition
    - They want no flowers, just pricey extracts
    - They want patients to have to re-up like every 45 days

I'm only a visitor here in FL currently but you FL FCers and anyone interested in your FL ""cannabis brothers and sisters" take a few minutes and send in your thoughts.....please.....thank you

EDIT: I sent in a long letter on their site, highlighting how their proposed changes are clearly NOT in the best interest of medical mj patients and showing how MN went this direction and it resulted in low % grams of conc costing $150 per gram, patients not signing up or dropping out because of high prices (many had over $2000 per month cost), that whole plant (flowers) are better AND cheaper, etc

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  2. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

3. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/s...ue-state-over-unconstitutional-rules-10151991

As medical marijuana becomes a big business in Florida, the companies who got in the door first are doing everything in their power to minimize competition and maximize their bottom line. And that means pushing for a closed system that prevents most people from breaking into the cannabis industry — and hurts patients by stifling competition and innovation.

That's what a South Florida pot advocacy group argues in a new lawsuit against the state. The group, Patients and Producers Alliance, says the state's heavily limited rules for granting medical-pot-growing and -selling licenses is unconstitutional....​

His_Highness and macbill like this.
  4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Well, is not the direct democratic passing of the referendum for a state constitutional amendment not comment enough?

Is perhaps calling the FL state government a pack of facist, know better than the electorate, anti-democratic asshats a reasonable comment?

I lived in FL for many, many years and I'm very glad to be out of there and not under the rule of that state government.

My hope is that Morgan, and the rest who are suing the crap out of the state for basically ignoring the directions of the electorate, are hugely successful.

FL's program is a joke...even worse than NY.

szai, His_Highness, Jah1975 and 4 others like this.
  5. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

I'm not a FL resident but sent in my comments.
    It's a common theme regarding medical cannabis. The passive-aggressive legislators can can go with the flow, but strive to undermine the med program in any way humanly possible. They can strive to make it costly and an admin/bureaucratic /
    horrible program and then say, STFU---you have a med program

His_Highness, macbill and OldNewbie like this.
  6. OldNewbie

To be fair, a medical cannabis program like the one in CA might make any person in favor of medical as simple common sense very careful in regulating medical in their state. While there was a hoop to jump of getting a recommendation, it is/was essentially legalization. While we here might not find that too scary, many in the country have been bombarded with counter-information for all of their lives and have a rational fear of the devil weed. It might be wrong, but it is rational.

7. OldNewbie

hibeam and szai like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors