• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AnxiousMe

A newb in the process of becoming much more
I have been looking for an on demand vape, preferably portable for a couple months. I read pretty much the entire FV thread and it seemed like exactly what I was looking for. A vape that I could hit, then go about my day then come back and hit again, without keeping it plugged in, on and running hot etc.
So through @PlanetVape i got a good deal on a FV with the stage 2 kit.
On opening it up I was a bit surprised at the weight but after initial surprise I like the heft and solid feel. The problems started when I opened up the top.
Before first use I cleaned the ceramic bowl, screens etc. when I took out the bottom screen to put in the ceramic spacer I noticed that the heater screen was scorched on one side, like a rusty color. Seemed odd only because I thought it was a new product, it almost looked like someone had tested the heater?
Anyway I put in spacer, loaded a small bowl and began trying some of the techniques. I was getting zero visible vapor and through the glass top I never saw vapor formation. After a few hits and results lacking I opened it up to see that one side of the bowl was charred and the other had not been touched at all. Seemed weird especially with stage 2 in. I did as @pakalolo said to test heater screen
(Went in the dark pressed heat button saw the screen glow)
As it began to glow (took 5s) only the one side was glowing, as I kept holding the other side began to heat up but it took 10 plus seconds.
I was not impressed but thought I would give it another go. Just today went to use it for the 2nd time ever, to see through the screen that the ceramic spacer was broken. I had not touched anything since putting it in. I gently took off the top screen and saw it was broken in three places.
As of now, I am really disappointed with this vape. I really want to love it, considering the high praise there is on this thread.
I just wonder if my unit is defective, the heater screen being lopsided, and the screen being burned in before I had even used it.
The ceramic spacer was just the icing on the cake so to speak with my disappointment. Sorry to vent but man I wanted to have a nice session today with the FV but it seems it's not to be:cry:

AnxiousMe,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have been looking for an on demand vape, preferably portable for a couple months. I read pretty much the entire FV thread and it seemed like exactly what I was looking for. A vape that I could hit, then go about my day then come back and hit again, without keeping it plugged in, on and running hot etc.
So through @PlanetVape i got a good deal on a FV with the stage 2 kit.
On opening it up I was a bit surprised at the weight but after initial surprise I like the heft and solid feel. The problems started when I opened up the top.
Before first use I cleaned the ceramic bowl, screens etc. when I took out the bottom screen to put in the ceramic spacer I noticed that the heater screen was scorched on one side, like a rusty color. Seemed odd only because I thought it was a new product, it almost looked like someone had tested the heater?
Anyway I put in spacer, loaded a small bowl and began trying some of the techniques. I was getting zero visible vapor and through the glass top I never saw vapor formation. After a few hits and results lacking I opened it up to see that one side of the bowl was charred and the other had not been touched at all. Seemed weird especially with stage 2 in. I did as @pakalolo said to test heater screen
(Went in the dark pressed heat button saw the screen glow)
As it began to glow (took 5s) only the one side was glowing, as I kept holding the other side began to heat up but it took 10 plus seconds.
I was not impressed but thought I would give it another go. Just today went to use it for the 2nd time ever, to see through the screen that the ceramic spacer was broken. I had not touched anything since putting it in. I gently took off the top screen and saw it was broken in three places.
As of now, I am really disappointed with this vape. I really want to love it, considering the high praise there is on this thread.
I just wonder if my unit is defective, the heater screen being lopsided, and the screen being burned in before I had even used it.
The ceramic spacer was just the icing on the cake so to speak with my disappointment. Sorry to vent but man I wanted to have a nice session today with the FV but it seems it's not to be:cry:

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The first thing I suggest you do is contact Jerry and give him the details. Next, remove the swivel cap, take something like a screwdriver handle, and tap all the way around the ledge the cap sits on. Tap firmly and go around a couple of times. Then grip the base and try tightening (clockwise) the bezel that holds the ceramic bowl in place. Now try the screen glow test and see if it heats up evenly.

Your description is exactly what I'd expect if the heater screen was not making good contact on one side. Sometimes the bezel is loose and it will behave just the way you describe. If you're seeing bright spots along the edges, that's a different problem.

I've broken a couple of spacers but I usually know why. The good thing about the spacer is that you can use a broken one because the tabbed screen on top of it holds it in place. Of course, you'll want the spacer replaced but I hope these tips will at least get you going for now.

pakalolo,

AnxiousMe

A newb in the process of becoming much more
Sorry to hear of your troubles. The first thing I suggest you do is contact Jerry and give him the details. Next, remove the swivel cap, take something like a screwdriver handle, and tap all the way around the ledge the cap sits on. Tap firmly and go around a couple of times. Then grip the base and try tightening (clockwise) the bezel that holds the ceramic bowl in place. Now try the screen glow test and see if it heats up evenly.

Your description is exactly what I'd expect if the heater screen was not making good contact on one side. Sometimes the bezel is loose and it will behave just the way you describe. If you're seeing bright spots along the edges, that's a different problem.

I've broken a couple of spacers but I usually know why. The good thing about the spacer is that you can use a broken one because the tabbed screen on top of it holds it in place. Of course, you'll want the spacer replaced but I hope these tips will at least get you going for now.
Thank you for the advice. I will try adjusting the bezel right now. Cheers

AnxiousMe,
Reactions: tripwire

cat420

Hi there,

I have just received a new double charger...looks like something is wrong with it : both indicator light are always blue even if the batteries are not charged...I v been waiting for few hours but they are always blue. Normally they should be green wen the batteries are fully charged or red wend they need juice. Any advice ? Thanks

cat420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi there,

I have just received a new double charger...looks like something is wrong with it : both indicator light are always blue even if the batteries are not charged...I v been waiting for few hours but they are always blue. Normally they should be green wen the batteries are fully charged or red wend they need juice. Any advice ? Thanks

If this is the FlashVAPE double charger (the sticker on the bottom reads FlashVAPE Turbo S2 Model KJ-16) then the lights should go red when you insert a battery that needs charging, changing to blue when they are charged. There is no green, although the sticker says that green means fully charged.

Mine has a small flaw with one of the contacts at the positive end. Sometimes it them slips down a little and when I insert a battery it doesn't make proper contact, so the light remains blue. I can fix this by raising it back up and inserting the battery carefully so that it doesn't push the contact back down. You can do this by using something to push up on the little nub on the contact. Let us know if this solves your problem, otherwise contact FlashVAPE for a warranty replacement. This is a terrific charger aside from that problem.

cat420

If this is the FlashVAPE double charger (the sticker on the bottom reads FlashVAPE Turbo S2 Model KJ-16) then the lights should go red when you insert a battery that needs charging, changing to blue when they are charged. There is no green, although the sticker says that green means fully charg

Thanks Pakalolo,

my model is : FVDC-002 . Smart Li-ion Dual Battery Charger
so I guess is a different one. I will try your solution...actually both charger remain all the time on blue..so it is a bit odd. I ll let you know if I ll work it out. I bought it on Ebay so not sure abt warranty.
I v just tried and still all blue if I insert only one battery , if I insert two batteries one goes on red and one remaning on blue !! Must be a crazy charger ...

Last edited:
cat420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks Pakalolo,

my model is : FVDC-002 . Smart Li-ion Dual Battery Charger
so I guess is a different one. I will try your solution...actually both charger remain all the time on blue..so it is a bit odd. I ll let you know if I ll work it out. I bought it on Ebay so not sure abt warranty.
I v just tried and still all blue if I insert only one battery , if I insert two batteries one goes on red and one remaning on blue !! Must be a crazy charger ...

What is the condition of your batteries? I've seen that sort of thing in other chargers when the batteries are bad. Do you have a multimeter that you could test the voltage with?

pakalolo,

cat420

No I do not have a multimeter. I haven't been using the batteries for 6 months but they were pretty new.
I bought them (four batteries) one year back and I v always taken good care...before storing them I did half discharge them.

cat420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No I do not have a multimeter. I haven't been using the batteries for 6 months but they were pretty new.
I bought them (four batteries) one year back and I v always taken good care...before storing them I did half discharge them.

They should be still good. There's always a possibility that they've all gone bad but I really doubt it. Try leaving one in the slot that goes red for a few hours. Keep track of how long it's in. If the light doesn't change after six hours, the charger is defective. I'm not sure if it goes green or blue, but I think that charger does go green.

pakalolo,

cat420

They should be still good. There's always a possibility that they've all gone bad but I really doubt it. Try leaving one in the slot that goes red for a few hours. Keep track of how long it's in. If the light doesn't change after six hours, the charger is defective. I'm not sure if it goes green or blue, but I think that charger does go green.

It goes on red only if I put two batteries. After a couple of hours the battery which was on red went on blue. If I insert only one battery it is always on blue...I guess the charger is defective. I ll try to write to Canada and see what they ll say. Already my FV unit was defective but it was replaced after few months waiting...! Bad luck...now again waiting cauz the charger is defective....

cat420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It goes on red only if I put two batteries. After a couple of hours the battery which was on red went on blue. If I insert only one battery it is always on blue...I guess the charger is defective. I ll try to write to Canada and see what they ll say. Already my FV unit was defective but it was replaced after few months waiting...! Bad luck...now again waiting cauz the charger is defective....

It is defective but it seems to have charged one battery. Give it a try. Two hours is a reasonable charge time for a partially depleted battery.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. As you can tell from this thread, the FV is pretty reliable and the chargers haven't been a problem for most owners. FlashVAPE has been great with their support so I'm sure they'll straighten things out.

pakalolo,
Reactions: cat420

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
If anyone has a recommendation on a good convection vape that allows for pauses and heats up fast, I would be much obliged

Have you checked out the Elevape Smart? On demand convection, instant heat up. Same prob with the pricing though - $ USD.

tripwire,

MrBoringxD

Please help me guys! I just received my Flashvape, and was so excited to try it, but I was so goddamn stupid to accidentally destroy the bowl. What do I do? I might have wasted so much
C5OQDpe.jpg
money :(:(:(

MrBoringxD,

MrBoringxD

Actually, forget that. I found the solution and put it back together. As good as new, though it's a bit rough. It's difficult being precise. What a bad first introduction, but atleast I got to know the Flashvape a bit better, and how to solve my issues next time.
R14ha2o.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Actually, forget that. I found the solution and put it back together. As good as new, though it's a bit rough. It's difficult being precise. What a bad first introduction, but atleast I got to know the Flashvape a bit better, and how to solve my issues next time.
R14ha2o.jpg

It might not look pretty but it will work like that. Glad you figured it out.

pakalolo,
Reactions: KidFated.

MrBoringxD

Hey, also I'd like to ask you guys. The Flashvape developers obviously states that it's capable of vaping cannabis concentrates, and when we speak of concentrates we speak of hash. Solid hash, which you have to use your nails to grind right? http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/937/6/...ed-hash-og-skunk-fra-midtby-lejlighed---1.jpg

Well I had a polite discussion with somebody over the web, and he stated that hash isn't capable of boiling (which is essentially what vaping is). Is this true?

MrBoringxD,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Typically, "concentrates" are oils and waxes. The FV can quickly reach the high temperatures needed for concentrates, but that kind of hash is actually kief that has been heated and pressed. Because it is compressed it is difficult to vapourize, since the hot air can't penetrate. One workaround is to crumble it. I've done this and it works, but I don't consider it a good way to use the hash or the FV.

MrBoringxD

Typically, "concentrates" are oils and waxes. The FV can quickly reach the high temperatures needed for concentrates, but that kind of hash is actually kief that has been heated and pressed. Because it is compressed it is difficult to vapourize, since the hot air can't penetrate. One workaround is to crumble it. I've done this and it works, but I don't consider it a good way to use the hash or the FV.

Well don't you pretty much crumble hash when rolling a joint? It's basically the same principle, and the reason I picked the FlashVape over others, as I heard it was capable of vaping hash. The reason is, I live in a so-called hash country. It's far more widespread and easier to get here. Also, it doesn't stink as much.

MrBoringxD,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Sorry for the back to back @pakalolo but quick question.

FV seems to have sent me the non turbo version instead and I hate sending stuff back. Can I just toss in an 18650 and have them send me the turbo ceramic screen deal and it will be the same thing as the turbo version? edit @FlashVAPE

Joel W.,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
No apologies necessary. It's not back-to-back if the Edit button isn't available.

I'm afraid you can't turn a Classic into a Turbo like that. The heater screen and the way it makes contact is different and incompatible.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Joel W.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Thank you Sir, I will box it back up then.

edit: It seems it may be the turbo after all. my bad.

Last edited:
Joel W.,

MrBoringxD

Here's a warning to you all

It may seem like my own stupidity, but infact I blame Flashvape. They specifically listed under their product that it was able of vaporizing concentrates, but clearly it wasn't.

"The FlashVAPE™ is built for vaping efficiency, it can be used with ORGANICS, SOLIDS CONCENTRATES and even LIQUID CONCENTRATES!"

I've just destroyed my first and last vaporizer, due to the hash completly obliterating the device with sticky liquid? running down to the main components. I've created an album for you to witness the damage http://imgur.com/a/D4pWx#0, also I lost one of the metal poles as I opened up the FP, but I doubt that was the reason. I had fully charged the battery, and the green light still lit up, but nothing was heating up and absolutely no vapor came out. None of the hash had been vaped either.

So I completly thank the Flashvape developers for convincing me of lies, and wasting my money...

MrBoringxD,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Here's a warning to you all

It may seem like my own stupidity, but infact I blame Flashvape. They specifically listed under their product that it was able of vaporizing concentrates, but clearly it wasn't.

"The FlashVAPE™ is built for vaping efficiency, it can be used with ORGANICS, SOLIDS CONCENTRATES and even LIQUID CONCENTRATES!"

I've just destroyed my first and last vaporizer, I've created an album for you to witness the damage http://imgur.com/a/D4pWx#0, also I lost one of the metal poles as I opened up the FP, but I doubt that was the reason. I had fully charged the battery, and the green light still lit up, but nothing was heating up and absolutely no vapor came out. None of the hash had been vaped either.

So I completly thank the Flashvape developers for convincing me of lies, and wasting my money...

Clearly you did something wrong. I have used my FVs for concentrates and they worked for me. I'm not sure what you did but you probably were using concentrates that weren't filtered properly. Well prepared oils and waxes do not leave residue on the screen like that.

due to the hash completly obliterating the device with sticky liquid? running down to the main components.

Oils and waxes produce a lot of resin inside the bowl of the FV. There's no damage to the FV because of this. In fact, you can vapourize that by simply heating the FV up with nothing in it.

Was it producing heat before you took it apart? If yes, then the reason it's not heating up now is almost certainly improper re-assembly. Although your heater screen is blackened, there is no damage to it. Your tabbed screen is badly clogged and should have been soaked in ISO long before it got that bad. If that black stuff is carbon then you might need a new tabbed screen, but again there's no damage other than a lack of cleaning.

I've never tried putting the FV back together without one of the little posts that hold the ceramic bowl in position, but it should be possible. When the bezel is put back on, you need to make sure it is properly tightened otherwise it will behave exactly as you describe: light on but no heat. To tighten it completely, turn it as tightly as you can, then tap around the bezel with something like a screwdriver handle, then tighten some more. There is no visible damage that would cause it not to heat up, and I can't conceive of any way it would stop working just because you were trying to vapourize concentrates. Your FV is unlikely to be ruined. As fart as I can see from your pictures, it just needs a good cleaning and a proper re-assembly.

Accusations of lying are not acceptable, particularly since the FV absolutely can be used for vapourizing concentrates if done correctly. Further comments like this will earn you a warning point.

MrBoringxD

I'm unable to screw the bezel all the way. There seems to be a small gap, and something prevents it from going further. How would I fix this? Also, I replaced the heater screen, but might've assembled it wrong. Is it unusual for vapor or smoke to appear without any contents within? I tried heating up, to see if it worked and some vapor appeared.

Last edited:
MrBoringxD,
Top Bottom