• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My S2 spacer is still in one piece I've used the flashVape in convection mode at least 5 times a day for
a few weeks , I've never taken it out since placed in the FV . just lightly brush out the oven then blow it
out with a straw. the screens do seem to curl up a bit on the tabed ends and a little herb falls under it where the spacer is, blowing it out with the straw seems to work without putting any pressure on or moving the spacer. Hope with the upgraded spacer we won't have any worry about this, As it seems to
really be the only problem with this vape...... ENJOY YA'll

EDIT; sorry about the odd structure of this post don't know what happened

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Tweek

Vitolo

Vaporist
It will "catch" if I do not set it in dead evenly.
It does not wiggle any, but is also not snug at all.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Pipes
As the ancients used to say, "Make love, not war with thine spacer".

If I may be permitted, this "Ode to the Spacer" was excavated from the Forum of ancient Roman emperor Vitolos Flavius in the year of the square-billed goose, 827bc (from Peanut Gallery section 12B, west abuttment, column 4, plaque 3C):

Be gentle, man...
be a constant pacer-
Don't show haste.- Don't rush,
You need not be a racer,
get tuff, poke in there hard..
It sure wont be your day, sir..
slide it easy-shake real nice.....
We hate to waste a spacer

kelper,
Reactions: Vitolo

Tweek

Like the klutz I am, I got so baked the other day that I broke my last stem :smug: 5 pack on its way! Once I get those, it will be time to make a little FV video :spliff:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Like the klutz I am, I got so baked the other day that I broke my last stem :smug: 5 pack on its way! Once I get those, it will be time to make a little FV video :spliff:

I broke one a while ago and replaced it by buying a glass MFLB stem at the LHS. They're slightly shorter but otherwise identical.

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Certainly, they're the same diameter. You would have to use the shrink tubing on them, of course.

FYI, the diameter of the draw tube hole on the FV swivel cap is approx 7.1 mm, so the tube you want to use needs to be approx 6.5 mm OD in order to fit well with the shrink tube tip applied.

Tweek

I broke one a while ago and replaced it by buying a glass MFLB stem at the LHS. They're slightly shorter but otherwise identical.

I was going to give that a try, but of course I can't find any of my MFLB parts when I need them. I tend to stay away from head shops and public shopping in general. Still trying to figure out if I am wise or crazy. I am leaning toward the latter. :smug:

5 stems will hopefully be enough for my clumsy habits. The stock ones were pretty durable overall though; survived a few drops!

Tweek,
Reactions: ShipDit

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I bought 3 feet of acrylic tubing while waiting on my FV , broke one glass stem just taking it out of the box , I dont always have feeling in my hands and just squeeze things with a little too much pressure
sometimes, Cheap drinking glasses are a no no these days glass in your hand is no fun ! I made a short
2" acrylic stem and covered it with the shrink wrap, it looks good [imo] and I can feel a little more heat on my toungue to help control my hits a bit better. The fact that the FlashVape came with only glass stems almost made me pass on buying one, Lord Knows I'm Happy I Didn't let that stop me.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Tweek

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
What technique do most people with the spacer settle on? I am bouncing back and forth between a few hit methods and I can't decide which one is best.

I find that:

Holding down the button and doing micro hits till you get visible vapor.
Then switch to a steady draw and slowly increase your draw speed while pulse the power button.

That method seems to work the best for me... but it can be hit or miss. Sometimes I get very dense clouds that way... other times it is a little wispy. I think the speed that you ramp up your draw matters.

Slightly Medicated,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like the long steady draw, until I feel the vapor getting hot. and then I release button to finish hit.

Vitolo,
Reactions: OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Here's a double hitter. Button till vape starts and steady pull and release then hit button again for few more seconds. Lots of ways to play. :D

Nice demo. I see you have the Pipes Signature Edition of the FV. Those are pretty rare.

What technique do most people with the spacer settle on? I am bouncing back and forth between a few hit methods and I can't decide which one is best.

I find that:

Holding down the button and doing micro hits till you get visible vapor.
Then switch to a steady draw and slowly increase your draw speed while pulse the power button.

That method seems to work the best for me... but it can be hit or miss. Sometimes I get very dense clouds that way... other times it is a little wispy. I think the speed that you ramp up your draw matters.

I'm pretty sure if this were the pattern you'd have mentioned it, but I'll ask anyway: are the wispy hits the ones at the end of the battery charge? I find I change my technique as the battery drops off.

First, I rarely pulse the power so all of the times I mention are power on. I don't usually pull clouds, so I start with 5 seconds before hitting and then I take a 3-4 microhits at about one per second. After 3-4 hits I'll start adding microhits, and I let the taste and temperature tell me how many. When I need to add to the warmup time, I know the battery is flagging but by then the load is nearly done. I'll usually squeeze out one or two more hits with 7-10 seconds of warmup time and a lot of microhits. I do this because I still find the flavour enjoyable even though it's medium brown by then.

As for advice, whatever works is always the best. I suggest you try to find a warmup time that works for you, rather than starting to hit immediately. This will reduce the variability in ramping up your draw and also lets a little cloud build in that big bowl. Oddly enough, the basic cloud-pulling technique for the FV is named after me:

The “Pak” Method: Pulse power the FV to maintain even vaporizing temperature and prolonged vapor production time for big hits!

1) Press and hold the power button for around 4-5 seconds, or until you see vapor being produced through the top window or the side vents.

2) Release the power button and start to draw slowly through the glass stem. You'll be able to taste the vapor.

3) Drawing slowly and continuously, release the power button for 2-3 seconds, then press for another 2-3 seconds to restart the heating process, release, and draw for another 2-3 seconds.

4) Repeat until you finish the draw.​

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Nice demo. I see you have the Pipes Signature Edition of the FV. Those are pretty rare.
Thanks Pak. Yeah, the domed window is working out kind of cool. Don't need direct overhead light.

I like the creepy tunes going on in the background... keeps the suspense alive:)

Wondering if anyone noticed that. Was actually watching The Day the Earth Stood Still.
See what your device does....

Oh ya, Tweek loaned it to me...:nod:

Top Bottom