• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

kubiak

I have vaped bubble hash with the S2.
Dry crumbly sand like bubble hash. Worked great. (same bubble hash I use in the MFLB)
if it is chunks... heat it and crumble it to powder first.

Thanks Vito. I haven't tried it with my MFLB, but that sounds about like the bubble hash I usually get. Really thinking about one of these.

kubiak,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My 84 year old Mother just told me I was spending too much time with my "Flashlightpotvappy thingy"
I've been using it alot since getting four more batteries, maybe I need to get off my butt and do
something productive ,but I don't wanna. I know I'll grind some herb!!!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My 84 year old Mother just told me I was spending too much time with my "Flashlightpotvappy thingy"
I've been using it alot since getting four more batteries, maybe I need to get off my butt and do
something productive ,but I don't wanna. I know I'll grind some herb!!!

"Flashlightpotvappy" has a wonderful ring to it. Give my compliments to your mom.

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Lizard King

Quick cleaning question:

I read that main unit can be ISO dipped up to the intake holes. Does this mean up to but not including the holes? Also, can the draw straw be ISO soaked with the black tubing attached?

Gracias

Lizard King,

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Quick cleaning question:

I read that main unit can be ISO dipped up to the intake holes. Does this mean up to but not including the holes? Also, can the draw straw be ISO soaked with the black tubing attached?

Gracias

You can go up to the holes, but don't go too high (1-2mm at most) above the level of the holes. When standing upright, the power light indicator and the switch are not too far below the air inlet holes, and you don't want the ISO to reach those components. Some ISO can get inside the holes, that's no problem.

you can soak the draw straw with the black tube attached, just dont soak it for too long. The glass tube may become more brittle if soaked in ISO for an extended period of time, ie. overnight.

OF

The glass tube may become more brittle if soaked in ISO for an extended period of time, ie. overnight.

Did you perhaps mean the black tube? Glass getting brittle from ISO I've never heard of before......

In the dark ages before plastic bottles we used to store the stuff in glass, right? Some backwards old timers still do......

OF

OF,

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
Did you perhaps mean the black tube? Glass getting brittle from ISO I've never heard of before......

In the dark ages before plastic bottles we used to store the stuff in glass, right? Some backwards old timers still do......

OF

yes, i meant to say the glass tube with the black tip attached may become brittle, the glass itself is prob going to be ok. You'd may want to remove the black tip first before soaking in ISO, if you intend to leave it in there for a long time, and replace it with a new piece afterwards.

FlashVAPE,
Reactions: OF

beefsupreme

While I do mourn the loss of my S2 spacer and am looking forward to what the next generation of S2 will look like, I do have to say the S1 is a fine, fine tool. It's a more enjoyable experience than the mflb with the PA and a whip. It's not tied down to an electrical cord and the light up front lets you know how its working. I'm liking the design of it too, just sitting on a desk looking innocuous. One thing though, the window on mine seems to be fogged up on the inside, is there a way to clean it or clear it without taking off the top screen?

beefsupreme,

optiato

While I do mourn the loss of my S2 spacer and am looking forward to what the next generation of S2 will look like, I do have to say the S1 is a fine, fine tool. It's a more enjoyable experience than the mflb with the PA and a whip. It's not tied down to an electrical cord and the light up front lets you know how its working. I'm liking the design of it too, just sitting on a desk looking innocuous. One thing though, the window on mine seems to be fogged up on the inside, is there a way to clean it or clear it without taking off the top screen?

Yes, you can unscrew the very top section that contains the glass window. It's very tough to remove the first time, I wrapped rubber tape around the very top of mine to get a better grip.

Lizard King

Yes, you can unscrew the very top section that contains the glass window. It's very tough to remove the first time, I wrapped rubber tape around the very top of mine to get a better grip.

Just remember to do it upside down otherwise the window will drop out.....

Lizard King,

JoeKickass

So I've pretty much got the s2 down now, I can roast a bowl to a nice milk chocolate brown without combusting! Buuut... the air is just too hot :\ I can manage it with tubing or sacrificing my tongue instead of my throat to the heat god but tbh I've been missing stage 1 for a while now:

Goodbye stage 2, and thanks for all the fish! Time to buy some extra stage 1 batt's

(I think my unit runs a bit hot, I think I'm the first to complain of burning hot air?)

JoeKickass,
Reactions: kelper

Tweek

Hey Joe (where you goin' with that gun in your hand? :D)

My unit has never gotten hot enough to be a bother...in fact, I found the vapor from my stage 2 kit to be cooler. Might want to touch base with FV.

Howdy folks!
Are there any state-side vendors yet? I remember Randy at Puffitup was testing them,but when asked he told me they will not be selling it. Anyone know why?
If I order from the factory whats the average delivery time like? Never ordered anything from The Great White Norh so I have no idea what to expect. Does anyone who has them in stock offer faster delivery?
Last question,I thought I saw mention of a re-designed S2 spacer. If that's true is there any clue as to when it will be released?
Sorry for all the questions about delivery time but I am an impatient,gassy man whose ready to order ASAP.
Thanks in advance!

ShipDit,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had my first couple of sessions with the S2 yesterday, including my nightcap. I think it's gonna get a lot of use around here. I can't believe how quickly it heats up and delivers big, mind changing hits. My nightcap consisted of three hits and I was in a nice couch-like state. I am already getting the hang of the technique and at no time was the vapor too harsh for my throat.

Nice work, FV, and thank you!

Lizard King

Howdy folks!
Are there any state-side vendors yet? I remember Randy at Puffitup was testing them,but when asked he told me they will not be selling it. Anyone know why?
If I order from the factory whats the average delivery time like? Never ordered anything from The Great White Norh so I have no idea what to expect. Does anyone who has them in stock offer faster delivery?
Last question,I thought I saw mention of a re-designed S2 spacer. If that's true is there any clue as to when it will be released?
Sorry for all the questions about delivery time but I am an impatient,gassy man whose ready to order ASAP.
Thanks in advance!

No official word yet as far as I know other than "soon". My spacer is still intact after 13 bowls with lots of shaking. I've removed it once to try conduction mode and then inserted it again. I've also ISO soaked it once or twice. I keep expecting it to break but so far, so good.

I'm sure stage 2 spacer version 1.1 will be here soon for those less fortunate than myself.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, this is a good vape!

my S2 spacer is fine after four sessions.

I can totally see this vape being a daily driver. I have nothing that heats up quicker or more effectively. I hit the button for four seconds and take a slow draw that is a pure taste hit. The next hit is pure ooomphh! I keep filling the bowl half way with fluffy stuff and I get the punch of most of it in the first three hits. I can manage another three or four worthy hits after that on technique alone. Then it's spent as dark as my mflb produces. My only complaint is that my unit gets hot. The top of the stem just after it starts widening gets uncomfortably hot during the last third of the session. I suspect my unit runs a little hot like jka's, rather than cooler like Paka's.

But, yeah, this thing gets two thumbs up from me. Like I said, it could be your daily driver, dependant only on your capacity to deal with batteries. I get about two sessions, not bowls, per battery. For someone like me with a large selection to choose from for use in any situation, you have to be good at some things to make your way into my lineup...and this thing does. I will use it for the ocassional ride or dog walk, and for any time I need a quick session. It will compete with my GVG for quick sessions, and will win all of them that don't involve standing still in a windless place! I just used it like a quick one-hitter pipe outside. It's the closest thing I have to getting a quick bong hit.

Once again, well done!

Willeh

This has already been mentioned by vito and pak, but because a few people have been mentioning hot vapor I rarely use this thing without the 50 cent bubbler that's easily attachable with the heat shrink seal included with the flashvape (http://www.miniinthebox.com/nanzihan-163-water-cigarette-pipe_p195592.html?pos=ultimately_buy_1). If it's really hot you may be drawing too slow/making too high temperature vapor, and speeding up your draw a bit can make it more comfortable too. I found with the S2 it was a nice cool vapor when you hit it with a steady draw so I guess it really varies from model to model, and person to person.

Willeh,

Bvapst

My review won't be long as most of it have been said...in better words than i would use. I just love this flashlight bombs delivering!

Stickstones what do you consider a session instead of a bowl?

My spacer isn't broken yet neither ( i load it around 6 times maybe). Soon i plan to take it off, clean it and give a better try to 3.2V batteries.

I ve also order a few 50cents bubblers :ko:. About the black shrink seal : I'm everytime trying to make a tight fit with it so the stem won't fall down and break. Also, while i'm looking in the bowl and taking off the top part, i generally take of the stem to avoid breaking too. This result in the shrink seal to get less tight and unusefull after a few use only. I realised that the 2 piece of shrink seal wont last long if i use it often so i was thinking about a replacing. I don't know if it has been said before but you can use a small elastic around the stem. Then just place a small part of the elastic inside the hole (on one side only), "slide", and... tadammmmm, it fit tight now! (just hope this is understandable)

Bvapst,
Reactions: ShipDit

OF

This result in the shrink seal to get less tight and unusefull after a few use only. I realised that the 2 piece of shrink seal wont last long if i use it often so i was thinking about a replacing.

That's heat shrink tubing. You might try gently heating it with a match. When it gets soft it'll plump back up some......

OF

stickstones

Vapor concierge
A session gets me medicated. A bowl may hold one or two times that amount (or more). In the end I'm not going to be the best person to ask about the batteries because I tend to keep them topped off.

stickstones,
Reactions: ShipDit

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My only complaint is that my unit gets hot. The top of the stem just after it starts widening gets uncomfortably hot during the last third of the session. I suspect my unit runs a little hot like jka's, rather than cooler like Paka's.

I wonder if the heat is a function of how you use it rather than how hot it gets. I usually don't hold the power on for long, 3-4 seconds at that start of a bowl and then longer as the battery loses oomph, but I usually don't try to get large lungbusters. I'm a sipper and I space the hits out, often several minutes apart. If you go for big hits and you aren't waiting long between them, that might be the difference. When I get a chance I'll experiment.

I am also a one battery per bowl person, by the way. I swap batteries with every load.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, paka, you dust described perfectly how I use it, I turn it on, wait til a count of four and keep it depressed throughout the entire draw. So it's on for probably a full fifteen seconds striaght, three to eight times in a row with about 20 to 60 seconds off in between hits (usually the breaks between hits are on the shorter end of that time spectrum).

I can see this is not how it was originally designed to be used given its S1 design.

stickstones,
Top Bottom