OF

And you notice that the material really does not stick to the screen after this operation, OF ?

If it works, it's worth it to do it for FV at manufacturing ;)

Not so far, maybe I'm using better technique now, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure it's a great manufacturing step, it doesn't come out all shiny and you know how were are about flashy bright things when we decide what to buy......

Function over form is not the normal?

OF

JoeKickass

And between you and brother Pak you've just made me all the happier I gave Pax the pass a bit ago. That kinda performance I already have elsewhere and am not using it out of choice. Color me strange for not going for a pretty little vape that eats expensively and tastes poorly. I had a girlfriend like that years ago, glad I moved on there too.

Just a mild defense of the Pax: It excels in getting you extremely medicated in social situations where you would normally only be able to carry a tiny little one-hitter style vape. And impressing girls ;)

I also wanted to get some help on the FV's taste, or maybe not taste because that is very clean and crisp, but I notice the vapor is harsher than the Pax especially when I use a heating-while-drawing technique. This does make sense since the vapor path is fatter/shorter but I wonder if a little mouthpiece extension would help the FV for heavy users...

JoeKickass,

OF

Just a mild defense of the Pax: It excels in getting you extremely medicated in social situations where you would normally only be able to carry a tiny little one-hitter style vape. And impressing girls ;)

Cool, thanks. I'm sure it has advantages to some/many but those two points (for instance) aren't important to me personally.....or perhaps others who have different options for impressing the fairer sex? Or cute guys for that matter too I guess.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: LeTchen

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I just tried something funny: I raised the screen 3 or 4 mm by putting two little rolled mesh below..... very hard to burn this way, I could make very good thick puffs letting my finger on the button for about 10 seconds, really not bad at all :brow: .... but it consumes more battery, probably

But since we compared the FV in a racing car, in doing so, I felt like installing small rear wheels to a bike, you know, when you're a kid and you learn to do! :lol:

Ohhh ! It's that why gays don't buy Pax !!! :D:rofl:.............. okay, I go out !!! :spliff:

LeTchen,

JoeKickass

I also wanted to get some help on the FV's taste, or maybe not taste because that is very clean and crisp, but I notice the vapor is harsher than the Pax especially when I use a heating-while-drawing technique. This does make sense since the vapor path is fatter/shorter but I wonder if a little mouthpiece extension would help the FV for heavy users...

Ok using tubing is out because you need to shake the top... does anyone else notice the vapor is a bit hot/hard on the throat?

Ohhh ! It's that why gays don't buy Pax !!! :D

Actually this manly man (see in the video) was one of the most influential early adopters ;)
http://www.thevaporizerblog.com/announcing-the-pax-by-ploom/

I think it's just some people get an additional little buzz if they are attracted to something that they use. If a car drives well and looks nice? Mmmm mmm mm :luv:

And on that point, that's a big reason why I tried the FV. It does look striking and is priced very well for the quality!

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

JoeKickass,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Ok using tubing is out because you need to shake the top... does anyone else notice the vapor is a bit hot/hard on the throat?

You can ! ;)

fv-bubbler.jpg

I noticed too the vapor is hot.... but only the first day... really, now I've learned to play violin better ! (I compare it to a musical instrument and his learning) :D

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
It's a silicon tubing.... you can find this in medical and laboratory furnitures... in France, but I guess it's the same everywhere !

Oh Pakalolo, I just tried 0.05g (exactly 0.8 grains) and I had 18 puffs.... you win ! :clap:...... but we have to do it with the same material (mine is just allright, not super for now) for right comparison, and I guess we're not next door ! :lol:

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Very pretty :) but how do you shake it? I find if I don't shake it enough it's more likely to combust...

I can shake it very easily 'cause the tubing is very flexible (small diameter silicon tubing are)...... and if you have only a little tubing, you can get out the glass adapter from the water filter with a hand while you shake your FV with the other hand or with your d..k .... oh sorry, I'm high, it made me laugh too. :lol:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's a silicon tubing.... you can find this in medical and laboratory furnitures... in France, but I guess it's the same everywhere !

Oh Pakalolo, I just tried 0.05g (exactly 0.8 grains) and I had 18 puffs.... you win ! :clap:...... but we have to do it with the same material (mine is just allright, not super for now) for right comparison, and I guess we're not next door ! :lol:

Good point on the material. I've been using some top notch stuff, I should really try to remember this when I post about hit counts.

Re the shaking thing, it's easy enough to take off the swivel cap and stir. Shaking or stirring is important for sure.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jka...I'm still awaiting my unit, but your description of the hotter/harsher hit does not surprise me given how you are using it. Basic instructions are to turn it on for five seconds, then release, then hit. I would imagine any hitting while the power button is depressed would deliver hot, harsh hits. This thing has way more power than the MFLB or Pax, making any hit while it is on at the upper end of the heat spectrum. I anticipate I will never hit it while on since I am more sensitive to the hot stuff.

JoeKickass

jka...I'm still awaiting my unit, but your description of the hotter/harsher hit does not surprise me given how you are using it. Basic instructions are to turn it on for five seconds, then release, then hit. I would imagine any hitting while the power button is depressed would deliver hot, harsh hits. This thing has way more power than the MFLB or Pax, making any hit while it is on at the upper end of the heat spectrum. I anticipate I will never hit it while on since I am more sensitive to the hot stuff.

Let me know what technique you prefer, the main reason I do a power hit is because the taste (for me) is infinitely better. If I hold the button for 3-5 seconds and then hit I get that ass taste of combustion from the very first hit of a fresh bowl!

Don't understand why, I've tried less time but convection hits just taste better all around...
I still think there are differences between flashvapes, for instance I believe mine uses more power than Paka's. He can hold for 5s and then start a draw, I struggle to get more than 5s total without combustion..

OF

I would imagine any hitting while the power button is depressed would deliver hot, harsh hits. This thing has way more power than the MFLB or Pax, making any hit while it is on at the upper end of the heat spectrum. I anticipate I will never hit it while on since I am more sensitive to the hot stuff.

I think your experienced based 'feel' for this sort of vape serves you well. I agree it's kinda asking for trouble, but trust me there's serious temptation to push a bit once you finally get a handle on how to make it work well.

"Just a little more" is mighty seductive sometimes.......even if it's not your normal 'cup of tea'.

OF

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
This is what I use, good stuff:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

500F rated, I'd go with the thin wall 1/4 ID version here.

OF
Good prices ;)

I'm really sorry for not fluent in the language of Shakespeare because I want to express what I feel with this FV. I'm talking about art, not math ..... I have yet to discover some subtleties of "control" of this machine today. I say "art" because, like a musical instrument, which requires multiple simultaneous touches the FlashVAPE can be played by : the time, the breath ... and even for the insane fools (like me :freak: ), the restriction of the air inlet by 6 small holes in the side ... with your little fingers, like a flute!

Just for fun, a photo-montage as a tribute to a well-known music band with one of my old photos when I was pro ........ I don't know if any of you find the name of the band and the album in question :) :
presenceFV.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I still think there are differences between flashvapes, for instance I believe mine uses more power than Paka's. He can hold for 5s and then start a draw, I struggle to get more than 5s total without combustion..

Certainly wouldn't be the first time this showed up in a vape, although it is more rare in portable units (I can't think of one of the top of my head) where the power source is consistent.

Tweek

I believe mine uses more power than Paka's. He can hold for 5s and then start a draw, I struggle to get more than 5s total without combustion..

You need to trust your own personal feel of the vape more than how many seconds the button is held down for. The five second suggestion is a starting point, not carved in stone. There will always be variations from vape to vape. Not because of manufacturer error, but individual user experience/influence...if that makes any sense?

KatFeith

Same here KatFeith! I was lulled into a sense of security thinking I had tracking in the U.S. - but now realize the San Fran stop is a black hole from which no updates come forth.

This^

I can't even get my hopes up for a Saturday delivery. This thread must cease until I have mine!!!

KatFeith,

OF

Have faith, guys. Like I said mine popped up without warning. I had it in my hand and the computer still said 'stuck in SF'.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Pipes

KatFeith

I'm *mostly* kidding... I've got too many other vapes to choose from. But the allure of new shit... You know what I'm talking about.

Vapzilla

Let me know what technique you prefer, the main reason I do a power hit is because the taste (for me) is infinitely better. If I hold the button for 3-5 seconds and then hit I get that ass taste of combustion from the very first hit of a fresh bowl!

Don't understand why, I've tried less time but convection hits just taste better all around...

hey jka, doesn't make sense to me either. I'd say mine is more like paka's too.
I always start on a fresh battery now.
If I want it hitting heavy:
I hold the power on for a full 5 seconds, start to sip/draw ever so slightly, I still keep it powered on for another 4-5 seconds as I'm sipping and watching the swirling vapor in the window.
For me, watching it is key to regulating the start/stop and speed of the draw, cause I still struggle with it if I can't see into the window using it this way.

But even using it this way I still haven't had it combust. I have come close though, but I'm pushing it hard, maybe up to a full 12 or so seconds of power on.
When I do use it as the standard instructions state, it won't ever come close to combustion. And I feel that I'm not extracting all that can be.
Now I do shake after all hits, stir it after the 2nd to remover anything stuck, dump it after 4-5 and crumble it and I usually pop the cap and check it after every other hit. (yea i'm probably a little ocd, it's fun to play with)
My abv comes out pretty consistent, med. to dark brown.
Also' bare in mind that my flowers aren't moist, sticky or super green to begin with. Wish they were, but just some run of the mill greenish/brownish that's fairly dry to begin with.

So, maybe you do have way more power!

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
If I want it hitting heavy: I hold the power on for a full 5 seconds, start to sip/draw ever so slightly, I still keep it powered on for another 4-5 seconds as I'm sipping and watching the swirling vapor in the window.

Thanks Vapzilla, it's awesome this method :tup:.... but we must draw harder past first 5 seconds..... but really good :)

For me, watching it is key to regulating the start/stop and speed of the draw, cause I still struggle with it if I can't see into the window using it this way.

You keep looking at the keys of the piano, trying to play feeling the partition !!! :)

maybe up to a full 12 or so seconds of power on

Please, tell us that you sucking hard inhale hard (sorry I don't know the right words in english)..... inhalation is the key with a time like 12s. !

Now I do shake after all hits, stir it after the 2nd to remover anything stuck, dump it after 4-5 and crumble it and I usually pop the cap and check it after every other hit. (yea i'm probably a little ocd, it's fun to play with)

Same story for me ! :tup:

I'm just testing solid kief now..... waouh :tup::rockon::tup:

LeTchen,
Reactions: Pipes
Top Bottom