• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The stage 1 charger is for 3.2 volts batteries and stage 2 is the more conventional 4.2 (3.7) volt batteries.
This information should be on the charger label.
The mAh is the charging rate and the higher the faster.

geefonk

@Pipes - thanks. I have looked at the labels and not clear to me which is if for the stage 1 (3.2v) or the stage 2. AM I able to upload pics to this forum and can send pics of each?

geefonk,
Reactions: ataxian

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
check on the back of the charger, if it is stage 2 charger it will say STAGE-2, 3.7v charger (charging to 4.2v max) . Otherwise, it is regular 3.2v charger, which charges to 3.65v max.

perfectcollection

I am a new fan of the flashvape, coming from the MFLB... wow, this thing is seriously awesome! it is way more powerful than the box, and loads way more per bowl... loving it!

having only owned the vape for a couple weeks, I have not had combustion problems as Ive read elsewhere with this. i should mention that I have the FV Turbo. I did combust once intentionally, after holding the power on for over 30 seconds before starting, just to see what happens (well medicated at that point) :evil: ... smoke was thick, but vape was fine and I just dumped out the burnt load (only burnt in the middle), cleaned it up a bit with the brush, and it vaped perfectly afterwards with a new bowl. I was surprised there was no harsh burnt taste afterwards.

Id like to know what is the perfect amount to load into the bowl? I find the turbo works well with various amounts, from just a little bit, to over half a bowl, which is already a lot. but when I load it straight up to the top, it doesnt' seem to work as well (not consistently producing same thick vapor). whats up with that and whats the best way to load this?

I took the top of the vape apart for a thorough cleaning (which was super easy) and I can see that some serious thought went into this and the designer probably did their best to make it as compact as possible based on this design, but still, I wish it was a bit smaller, then it'd be perfect. nevertheless, I think this device is a great "cordless" vape and can mosdef work as a home vape, with the added functionality of being battery powered and portable.

FlashVAPE

...fast and efficient ! http://flashvape.com
Manufacturer
The best amount to load is anything under 1/2 bowl (ok, you can prob push it to 2/3 bowl full if you really want to pack a huge bowl). For best results, the herbs being vaped need room to move around and get redistributed in the bowl, and you should give the FV a quick shake between hits. If the bowl is packed too tightly or too full, nothing is moving inside, so the herb inside the bowl which is on the bottom and closer to the heat source is being vaped and exhausted, while less vapourization happens to the herbs on top.

The FV is really flexible in terms of how much you can load per bowl. The perfect amount to load really depends on your personal preference, as long as it's not packed tight. I am sure we will always get a lot of different answers to the "perfect load" question. :)

perfectcollection

hey, awesome! great to see a manufacturer actually answering questions so quick. great customer service!

yeah, i tried all different loads, my fav amount is actually around 0.5g (quite a big bowl) so I can move around and vape for extended sessions with the FV :) I will remember to not pack it down, that was exactly the problem.

i also like doing kief directly with my FV, i scoop a tiny bit and sprinkle right on the screen... BAM! kief hits like crazy!

perfectcollection,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now that top screen o-ring gave me a little hassle getting back in, but i finally got it after a few minutes. I think it just needs to be a size or two larger in diameter, I'm going to look into that.
It has been discussed, and I am guilty of never looking into this, because the problem never happened to me.
Does ANYONE have a trick to get the O'ring back in on the top piece... to hold screen in place?
I have spent the past 10 days trying.
I devote an hour each day... and still can not figure this one out!
DSC05173.jpg

Please... someone give me a hint about getting this O'Ring back in.

Vitolo,
Reactions: ataxian

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It has been discussed, and I am guilty of never looking into this, because the problem never happened to me.
Does ANYONE have a trick to get the O'ring back in on the top piece... to hold screen in place?
I have spent the past 10 days trying.
I devote an hour each day... and still can not figure this one out!
DSC05173.jpg

Please... someone give me a hint about getting this O'Ring back in.

I'm sorry you're having this trouble, Vito. I assume you've tried a different O-ring? If not, that would be my first suggestion. When I first got my FV, I removed and replaced that O-ring several times without a problem. Then one day I got one that simply wouldn't stay in. I have no idea why it started popping out, and after many attempts I finally gave up on it and switched to another O-ring.

As you probably know, there is a specific FV tool for this:

flashvape-3pc-toolset-600x600.jpg

See https://flashvape.com/product/flash...-tool-set-for-easy-filter-screen-replacement/

Unfortunately, I've since found a few O-rings that I could only insert with this tool. I even had one that the tool couldn't defeat.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks @pakalolo
I looked into the kit, but it is prohibitively priced for me at this time.
I do have other O-Ring/screen sets, but my mind never arrived at that as a solution.
perhaps now I will try that today! (I have been stubborn in my desire to not open my spare parts):lol:.

Last edited:

perfectcollection

@Vitolo Ive actually done this procedure just a couple days ago while cleaning the top part of my fv in iso. it was a little tricky, but I found that it was easier to refit the o-ring once the rim/skirt of the round screen is pushed into the slot, all the way around ( I did this with the help of a toothpick), then while pressing down on the screen along the rim to hold its position, I pressed one section of the o-ring into the slot with my fingertip, and while holding this section down, continue to press in the rest of the o-ring, one fingertip section at a time, until its all pressed in all the way around. it took a couple of tries but I think when I have to do it again next time, it will be easier.

I hope this helps! also it is prob easier to do this with a new round screen, since the rim on the screen will not be as curled.

perfectcollection,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
@pakalolo & @perfectcollection both sound and good advice.
Ive actually done this procedure
I followed your steps.
The spasticity in my hands combined with arthritic tendencies have made this task difficult for me.
I attempted about three times a day since your post, and each day I stayed with the task until the pain in my thumbs and joints became too intense to keep it up.
This morning I said to self..."I'm going to do this"
It took me two hours, but I finally got it in.
I used your toothpick idea, but I also used the toothpick on the O-Ring.
I destroyed 1 new screens and one new O-ring, but the second new O-Ring was the one that I got in.
You may note that the screen is not perfectly centered, in that you can see the pre-cut slits to the left, but my hands are done for the day, and I will live with the top like it is.
You can see the toothpick pokes around the O-Ring.
2f0av54.jpg

I will use the unit (I have had it for years) much more carefully, because I do not know if I could replace the piece again.
To be fair, I knocked the screen out in a moment of spastic "jerks" that I occasionally contend with. This FV has been in service for years!
I would like to thank you for your input @pakalolo and @perfectcollection
You got me there!

Last edited:
Vitolo,
Reactions: pakalolo

BoBurn

Hi There!

Greate you managed to fix your screen :tup:

I´m from germany and a proud owner of a black FV 1, silver FV turbo and a FVPA.
It´s great and I like it so much. :)

Lately i got some troubles buying spare parts for FV.
I noticed some of my usual shops did not sell FV anymore, or FV is marked as "runing out".
Spare parts are hard to find here in germany. :huh:

Once again - I am totally at FV :tup: - but I am worried about further support :leaf: .

Do I have to do some "Hamsterkäufe", to keep me runing in the future ?

Thank for user informations...

BO

BoBurn,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Lately i got some troubles buying spare parts for FV.
I noticed some of my usual shops did not sell FV anymore, or FV is marked as "runing out".
Spare parts are hard to find here in germany. :huh:
Once you have made 50 posts.... have 25 "likes", and have been a member for 60 days, you can post a "wanted to buy" thread in the classified section.
Other members may be able to help you.
See the Classified Rules at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/classifieds-rules-updated-regularly.4407/

and also as @FlashVAPE has said....
feel free to PM. thanks!

Vitolo,
Reactions: 364F

geefonk

Random question guys. Does anyone know of a second hand market for the Flash Vape's (or all vaporisers) in the uk?

Since I got my volcano, just not using my Flash vape and was thinking of trying to sell on to somebody who would have better use of it.

geefonk,
Reactions: 364F

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Random question guys. Does anyone know of a second hand market for the Flash Vape's (or all vaporisers) in the uk?

Since I got my volcano, just not using my Flash vape and was thinking of trying to sell on to somebody who would have better use of it.
Try the classifieds here or entexchange on Reddit.

Edit:. Oops I just realized you don't have enough post history yet to sell here.

Other Side,
Reactions: geefonk

geefonk

OK will have a look. I guess I'll need to post a few more messages to get up to that number!

Thanks for your help :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitolo

Vaporist

killick

But I like it!
Hi guys, gals and everyone else,

To make a long story short I've wound up with a spiffy new FV! My first impression was that this thing is much more solid than I anticipated. I expected shiny plastic, and instead received a pretty darn solid block of metal. So I've used a few different vapes, so screw the manual and lets load and go, right? Not quite - vapour was light. Certainly very flavourful, but lighter and wispier than I'd been anticipating, especially given the comments and reviews in here. Of the 3 batteries it seems that 2 are DOA, and Numero Tres was working kind-of ok, so I checked the drawer and discovered a few different Milaana and Zion batteries, as well as a 2pack of blue ones labelled simply 'Li-ion 18650 3.7v 2600 mAh'. So a Millie brownie went in, and while waiting and watching I saw vape, and by the time I got to draw there was definite combustion happening. So a good clean, put the wee spacer back under the screen, and this is working more like originally anticipated.

So I've learned that FV requires a certain amount of horsepower to work efficiently. I've also discovered that my unit came with a 3.65v charger, so the iCore chargers should work fine.

Anyways, 1-2 second preheat, and start slowly drawing whilst watching a line of vapour head nicely into the straw. Now I am beginning to understand the attraction :)

Speaking of FFS I *just now* combusted while watching Vape TV on the FV (the window is vape TV, no?)- thats a little wispy, let's touch that butto, oops, ffs...", and just like that it was time for another cleaning. I also realized that if anyone were to randomly look over they'd wonder why I was doing silent karaoke with vape coming out my ears.

Anyways, time to go back through the thread. I'm not familiar with FVs product line, but the aim is to use this unit with resin, and some of the comments and vids in the thread suggest this is easily doable, so thanks to all y'all for the handy pointers and instructions over the past 100 pages. Time to go back and read a bit more slowly. I seem to have missed the comparison between models and versions, and realized I'm not exactly sure which version I have, other than the battery charger being 3.65v/400 mA. It looks like a nice portable unit, but I guess everyone else knows that by now :)

killick

But I like it!
Double post... too late to edit... ;)

So I was introduced to Flashvape through their resin plates, and they kindly offered to familiarize me with Flashvape at the same time. Oddly I wasn't really familiar with FV - there are a lot of vapes out there, and while it's great to try them all I'm also aware that there are a fair few strewn about chez killick and I'm not actively searching Anyhoo, things happen... .

The plates and 10 ton press... there is no quibbling about the output, with 11g in, 2.3 out, not including the blobs stuck to the floor, or the one that slingshot (slungshot? Slingshotted?) from the silicone container I was trying to clean a blob from a dab tool with. I was also reminded of 'finger hash' as I peeled a few sticky blobs off my foot a second ago - there was a bit of an incident that let some resin be a little bit more wandery than I would have liked... It'll get easier, but the first one should be an adventure... Probably.

So FlashVape sent along a vape to try. And sent instructions on how to use it with resin. Firstly it's a pretty decent vape on it's own. It's portable, but tippy, so I'd call it an around the house portable, as opposed to a pocketable cycling portable, say. It's solid metal, outside of the glass viewport on the top where you can watch vapour form. - VapeTV is a great show! 3-5 second preheat - it's kinda like a Milaana or other on/off styles. It's both convection or conduction depending on how it's set up. It's nice for flower. But Team FV sent me instructions on how to use it for resin, which are more difficult than they sound: "just smear a blob directly on the heater screen". It doesn't stick like that for me, so instead i drop a flat piece on top and let 'er rip. And rip she does. I kinda think of it as a portable dab station... The base looks like a baseball bat, the top like a microphone, and it's mostly nice solid metal. Smoky karaoke, cause vapy karaoke doesn't sound natural...

So the flattened 2g blob of resin on the desk is very nice to look at, with a shimmery depth deeper than it's 1/32nd"ish outside... And easy to drop a flat piece directly onto the FV heater screen. And it just keeps pushing vapour.

Anyhoo, back to karaoke!

Top Bottom