Fist Vaporizer - Chest?

1nvnx3

Hi everybody, yesterday I bought my first vaporizer. I have used it 3 times and everytime I get a weird chest feeling, as if my lungs were too big for my chest. Is this normal? :(

Arizer Extreme Vaporizer 190C White Widow

1nvnx3,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Could it be that you are not used to the cleaner high that vaporizing offers? Maybe noticing something that smoking usually would mask?

DevoTheStrange,

Pappy

shmaporist
1nvnx3 said:
Hi everybody, yesterday I bought my first vaporizer. I have used it 3 times and everytime I get a weird chest feeling, as if my lungs were too big for my chest. Is this normal? :(
You sure you're not having a panic attack? Pot can alter perception! Seriously! I once lost track of my, eh, I forget. :)
If it's a new vape you should let it burn in on hight temp for an a hour or so.

Pappy,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
are you taking big rips because the vapor goes down smooth? i've definitely seen people cough a ton on their first vapor rips from taking too big of a hit without realizing. haven't heard anyone say that lungs to big for your chest feeling, i definitely get that from bho and think lots of other people do too, just not regular vapor.

rabblerouser,

PerseusStoned

Hi 1nvnx3,

Its great to have you on board! Welcome to one of the best vaporizing resources available on the web. Unfortunately its not always the speediest, so you'll probably need a few days to get some "on-the-spot" accurate answers. However, since you ask for expedition I'll try to give you the best answer I can with my limited experience.

I've not used that specific vape, but am *grins* quite familiar with the strain. Its quite potent, its possible you might be trying to do too much? What is your normal tolerance like?

New vaporizers should be run for about an hour or two first. Did you follow the "set-up" instructions?

PerseusStoned,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive always felt that the hit 'expands' in my lungs especially when I am hitting my SV. (Its a choker)
Is this what you are possibly experiencing?

AGBeer,

stinkmeaner

What you are talking about is normal. Higher grades of Marijuana will feel like they are expanding in your lungs when you hold the hit in, this is fine and you will notice it less down the road. I don't normally consider this a bad thing but if it bothers you then you can just take smaller hits and hold in for less time.

Good luck

stinkmeaner,

Vayu

Connor O'berst
I agree it is likely slight panic or anxiety which can be exacerbated by your activities. However you may want to clean out your bag or whip real well before use to make sure that any plasticizers or production materials are not present during use. This is why the ssv for example needs full heat for an hour or so before use and similar instructions should be present on other models.

Vayu,

1nvnx3

Pappy said:
1nvnx3 said:
You sure you're not having a panic attack? Pot can alter perception! Seriously! I once lost track of my, eh, I forget. :)
If it's a new vape you should let it burn in on hight temp for an a hour or so.

Thank you, I did that for 30 minutes at max temperature and I'm doing it again now for at least an hour.

At first I thought I was having a panic attack but I realized the feeling persisted even when I sobered up. I'm not new at consuming cannabis.
:)

1nvnx3,

1nvnx3

rabblerouser said:
are you taking big rips because the vapor goes down smooth? i've definitely seen people cough a ton on their first vapor rips from taking too big of a hit without realizing. haven't heard anyone say that lungs to big for your chest feeling, i definitely get that from bho and think lots of other people do too, just not regular vapor.
I was very careful not to inhale too much. I had 1 bag full of vapor, I inhaled doing little sips but I did hold the vapor in for a few seconds before releasing it. Thank you!

1nvnx3,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
When I first started vaping, my lungs felt very different than combusting and could possibly have been described as lungs feeling too full. IMO the amount of vapor you are taking in has a lot to do with this, but also the heat of the vapor. It took me a while to get used to the heat difference between smoking and vaping and my lungs would feel weird; almost heavy. Now that I've been vaping for 8 months, I don't experience that sensation anymore.

And yes, welcome to the forum!

momofthegoons,

1nvnx3

PerseusStoned said:
Hi 1nvnx3,

Its great to have you on board! Welcome to one of the best vaporizing resources available on the web. Unfortunately its not always the speediest, so you'll probably need a few days to get some "on-the-spot" accurate answers. However, since you ask for expedition I'll try to give you the best answer I can with my limited experience.

I've not used that specific vape, but am *grins* quite familiar with the strain. Its quite potent, its possible you might be trying to do too much? What is your normal tolerance like?

New vaporizers should be run for about an hour or two first. Did you follow the "set-up" instructions?

Hi and thank you for welcoming me, this seems like a very friendly place.

I smoked my first joint about 13-14 years ago but it wasn't until 3 years ago that I discovered cannabis again, you don't know how much it helped me through University.
For almost 2 years I've been smoking everyday (mostly Kush, BC Bud and White Widow), a few bong hits a day, not so many joints, and higher amounts during the weekend.
I did follow the set-up instructions. The feeling of 'expanded lungs' persisted even when I sobered up, really uncomfortable.
Thank you!

1nvnx3,

1nvnx3

AGBeer said:
Ive always felt that the hit 'expands' in my lungs especially when I am hitting my SV. (Its a choker)
I had to lay down, put my arms on the side of my body and take bigger breaths (of air) for the feeling of 'expanded lungs' to reduce. It was really uncomfortable and for a minute I thought I was having some sort of panic attack but the person who used the vaporizer with me also said they were having a feeling of pressure in the chest, although not as bad as me.
Thank you!

1nvnx3,

1nvnx3

stinkmeaner said:
What you are talking about is normal. Higher grades of Marijuana will feel like they are expanding in your lungs when you hold the hit in, this is fine and you will notice it less down the road. I don't normally consider this a bad thing but if it bothers you then you can just take smaller hits and hold in for less time.

Good luck
I took small sips of vapor from a bag filled at 190 degrees Celsius (374 degrees Fahrenheit). I did hold the vapor in for a few seconds before releasing it to try to improve the results. What you are saying makes sense, but, so far I haven't been able to find any information or comments of other people experiencing this same feeling. Could you please elaborate on how have you felt when this happened to you?
Thank you :)

1nvnx3,

1nvnx3

Vayu said:
I agree it is likely slight panic or anxiety which can be exacerbated by your activities. However you may want to clean out your bag or whip real well before use to make sure that any plasticizers or production materials are not present during use. This is why the ssv for example needs full heat for an hour or so before use and similar instructions should be present on other models.
Hi, I left the vap on at max temp for more than an hour but I didn't clean the plastic bag, I will do that for sure. I'll actually clean all of the accesories that come with the Extreme Vaporizer. Thank you!

1nvnx3,

1nvnx3

momofthegoons said:
When I first started vaping, my lungs felt very different than combusting and could possibly have been described as lungs feeling too full. IMO the amount of vapor you are taking in has a lot to do with this, but also the heat of the vapor. It took me a while to get used to the heat difference between smoking and vaping and my lungs would feel weird; almost heavy. Now that I've been vaping for 8 months, I don't experience that sensation anymore.

And yes, welcome to the forum!
The feeling I had could best be described as my lungs at full expansion and my rib cage being too small for them. Somehow, taking deep breaths of air and putting my arms on the side of my body helped me reduce this feeling. I hope it goes away for me too, I really enjoyed the clean high of the vaporizer but it's a really uncomfortable feeling, *like somebody pressing down on your chest*.
How long did it take you for that feeling to go away or at least to start decreasing?
Thank you ;D

1nvnx3,

Pappy

shmaporist
1nvnx3 said:
AGBeer said:
I had to lay down, put my arms on the side of my body and take bigger breaths (of air) for the feeling of 'expanded lungs' to reduce. It was really uncomfortable and for a minute I thought I was having some sort of panic attack but the person who used the vaporizer with me also said they were having a feeling of pressure in the chest, although not as bad as me.
Thank you!
If it persist more than a day I'd see a doctor. :2c: You're obviously an experienced pot smoker but vaporizing or ingesting it is an entirely different form of "consumption". Vaping is equal parts:

-Vape Quality (yours is one of the best ;))
-Knowing Your Vape
-Breathing Technique
-Sanitation
-Herb Selection and Quality

My apologies for grave-digging but one of my first posts on FC was about "pot lung" (which I'm happy to say vaporizing has cured). I don't think this is your problem but you mat want to read it over. :peace:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2939

Pappy,

1nvnx3

Pappy said:
1nvnx3 said:
AGBeer said:
Thank you!
If it persist more than a day I'd see a doctor. :2c: You're obviously an experienced pot smoker but vaporizing or ingesting it is an entirely different form of "consumption". Vaping is equal parts:

-Vape Quality (yours is one of the best ;))
-Knowing Your Vape
-Breathing Technique
-Sanitation
-Herb Selection and Quality

My apologies for grave-digging but one of my first posts on FC was about "pot lung" (which I'm happy to say vaporizing has cured). I don't think this is your problem but you mat want to read it over. :peace:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2939

Thanks, I will try a few more times to see if it still happens...about that breathing technique, any advice you could give me? like I told the guys before, I was having sips from a bag full of vaporized (190C/374F) White Widow and holding it in for about 3-5 seconds before releasing the vapor. Does this sound right to you?
Thank you again ;)

1nvnx3,

Pappy

shmaporist
1nvnx3 said:
Thanks, I will try a few more times to see if it still happens...about that breathing technique, any advice you could give me? like I told the guys before, I was having sips from a bag full of vaporized (190C/374F) White Widow and holding it in for about 3-5 seconds before releasing the vapor. Does this sound right to you?
Thank you again ;)
By White Widow you mean gold hair Sativa? What color is the ABV, orange or brown? Don't get hung up on temperature. Every vape has its own sweet-spot and your EQV may vary as much as +/- 5 to 10 degrees.

I don't use bags and suggest you try the whip. I hold a rip for a comfortable length (15 seconds for me) then I exhale half and inhale again. That's called the "re-breathing" technique. To get up to speed read the entire EQV thread and search "posts" on breathing, chest, or anything you're curious about.

Pappy,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You know, you could also be having allergies. I find when I am having a really bad allergy reaction on days with heavy pollen counts, vaping will actually make my lungs feel worse. Definite increase of chest tightness. So much that it feels like I bruised my ribcage or the likes. Feels like you just ran a marathon and you cannot catch your breath. I would say that it feels like the beginning of an anxiety attack that never shows up.

DevoTheStrange,

1nvnx3

Pappy said:
1nvnx3 said:
Thank you again ;)
By White Widow you mean gold hair Sativa? What color is the ABV, orange or brown? Don't get hung up on temperature. Every vape has its own sweet-spot and your EQV may vary as much as +/- 5 to 10 degrees.

I don't use bags and suggest you try the whip. I hold a rip for a comfortable length (15 seconds for me) then I exhale half and inhale again. That's called the "re-breathing" technique. To get up to speed read the entire EQV thread and search "posts" on breathing, chest, or anything you're curious about.
I wasn't sure about using the whip because I thought the bags were probably less 'aggressive' on your lungs. Thank you again, I'll try that.

1nvnx3,

1nvnx3

DevoTheStrange said:
You know, you could also be having allergies. I find when I am having a really bad allergy reaction on days with heavy pollen counts, vaping will actually make my lungs feel worse. Definite increase of chest tightness. So much that it feels like I bruised my ribcage or the likes. Feels like you just ran a marathon and you cannot catch your breath. I would say that it feels like the beginning of an anxiety attack that never shows up.
You just described it almost the same way I felt it! What did you do to to avoid that? It's a terrible feeling indeed.

1nvnx3,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You might also want to attach your whip to a water filtration set up. Whip attached to a bong.

1nvnx3 said:
DevoTheStrange said:
You just described it almost the same way I felt it! What did you do to to avoid that? It's a terrible feeling indeed.

honestly I havent been able to do anything to avoid it with the exception of allergy meds. I just accept it when it happens and try my best not to freak out. The only avoidance you can do if this is the case is not vape. Not saying that this is the case with you, it may be something entirely different in your case. For me, what your are describing happens with my allergies.

DevoTheStrange,

1nvnx3

DevoTheStrange said:
You might also want to attach your whip to a water filtration set up. Whip attached to a bong.

1nvnx3 said:
DevoTheStrange said:

honestly I havent been able to do anything to avoid it with the exception of allergy meds. I just accept it when it happens and try my best not to freak out. The only avoidance you can do if this is the case is not vape. Not saying that this is the case with you, it may be something entirely different in your case. For me, what your are describing happens with my allergies.

I see, thanks man. That's a shame, I never had any issues using a bong while having allergies. I will try to attach my whip to a bong to see how it goes, did you have to buy an additional accessory to do this?
Thanks for all the help I'm new to vaporizers and my first experiences with it haven't been so good due to this thing.

1nvnx3,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
If you have a glass on glass bong, you will have to buy an adapter that will fit into whatever size joint your glass piece has. the first place off the top of my head that i can think of that has those adapters pretty cheap is the vaporbros website, they carry both 14 & 18mm adapters for cheap.
if its not a glass on glass piece might be able to slide your mouthpiece into the bong, may need a o-ring to create a seal between the mouth piece and the bongs glass slide.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom