First vaporizer

Daroz

Hello everyone, I'm new here and new to the vape world, I'm looking for a good portable vaporizer to start but now I'm very confused and can't chose one. I would use it mainly in the evening at home on the sofa but sometimes I would like to be able to use it even outside.
I want something that can get me baked so I think the VapCap M would be a great and cheap start but I like a lot also the boundless cf and I read good review about It. Other devices that I'm looking are the crafty (but the short life of the battery and the high price scare me ), the arizer air 2, and the pax 3.
Anyone has any suggestion?

Psyentist

Welcome aboard!

I got my first vape about 6 months ago, a splinter Z. It’s a 510 device that screws onto an ecig box mod. I already had a box mod so it was a no brainer for me.

I absolutely love it! No regrets at all, there isn’t another vape I wish I got instead.

I think it would meet your needs and I highly recommend it. Takes a tiny bit of effort to set it up, it’s not hard at all. But you do need to play with a few settings on the mod. Plenty of info on these forums to get you started.

Happy trails on your new adventure.

little maggie

You are getting your first vape so you will probably end up buying others in the future. I'd recommend you start by getting an inexpensive one and when you have a clearer idea of what you like and what you don't you might spend more money.
The splinter is a good vape if you want to start with a box mod. You can get a fc discount for vgoodiez.com for a splinter and inexpensive box mod.
Just some others to check out:
Fury 2 is small, simple to use and inexpensive.
Mistvape Touch is a wood on demand that is simple to use
Same designer has a vape that you can buy with the mod included: Imp
Milaana if you can find it for a reasonable price
Vapcap- you can get an inexpensive induction heater if you don't want to use flame

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Dynavap M, cheap, high quality flavour & vapour.

You get to play with lighters or as @little maggie said induction heater is an option.

Also you can customise and upgrade till your wallet is empty. :brow:

If you are in the US and are willing to wait for a sale, you can get one even cheaper.
There are some discount codes floating around too if your in a hurry.

Welcome to FC.

darbarikanada

it might help if you narrow it down. there are a lot of vaporizers out there - they'll all get you baked.

- budget

- do you care about conduction vs. convection? (convection-only vapes taste better, but the more well-known ones, like splinter and ghost, are trickier to use than conduction/hybrid ones)

- flame vs. battery (i.e. would you be comfortable using a torch to heat up a vapcap in public? it kind of looks like you're smoking crack...)

- do you care about size? a lot of people feel the splinter's too hot without the long glass stem. by the time you combine that with a mod, it's pretty big.

- do you want the coolest possible vapor? convection tends to be hotter (it's forcing very hot air through the bowl) and shorter air paths are hotter.

- are you looking for what will probably be your only vape for a long time, or are you likely to want to upgrade or have more than one?

- do you care if you have to stir or rotate the bowl mid-way to get the material completely vaped? with convection-only vapes, you'll probably have to.

vape critic has a lot of good info, videos, 'best of' lists, etc. his top vapes include mighty (hybrid), ghost mv-1 (convection), and the vapcap. I have a mighty and vapcap, but the only time I use the vapcap is for hard hash; otherwise it's the mighty every time. they're pricey, but after 4 years, I'm still very happy with mine. convection vapes like the ghost and splinter have a learning curve, and everyone raves about the flavor, but the mighty's vapor is plenty tasty (and cool) until you get to the highest temperatures - and you never have to stir.

sickmanfraud

@Daroz welcome to FC. You have come to the right place for researching vaporizers.

@darbarikanada asked you some very important questions for you to answer. The more info we have about your needs/wants the better the replies will be.

I have another question. How much cannabis do you expect to vape in a day/evening?

The reason I added a question is to understand whether we should suggest vapes with removable batteries.

If you are a light user I would recommend the Healthy Rips Fury2 or Fury edge (new version out soon).

I got the Planet of the Vapes One, which is an improved Fury 2 and I use it daily where I never expected to use it unless out of the house.

Daroz

thank you so much for the many answers guys!
@Psyentist I saw the splinter and actually it looks like a great product that produces excellent vapor but it doesn't seem very discreet and it's kinda big to bring around but I will definitly consider this as a good option!
@darbarikanada I don't have a budget but being my first vaporizer I wouldn't want to spend too much because in the future I will know better what I want so probably I will get a new one. I actually prefer a battery-powered device to not look like a crackhead with a strange pipe .
I don't care abount condiction vs convection but I would like have a good efficiency.
As a dimension, I'm looking fot something that can fit in my pocket, the size of the mighty is like my limit.
@sickmanfraud Now I use to smoke about 1 or 2 joints every evening so something like 0.5/1g a day but I think I will reduce the dose with a vaporizer.

habitat-fc

Arizer Air 2 is simple and efficient but you would have to carry a glass stem, so it can be a little awkward for outdoor use. Arizer Argo may be worth looking at as its more portable.

The Mighty, Crafty vapes are quite well suited for outdoor use, also those Fury 2 type vapes like @little maggie and @sickmanfraud recommend get really good reviews.

darbarikanada

hi Daroz - it sounds like your best bet is a portable hybrid. mightys are expensive but you can get 15% off at puffitup with the code PUFFEDUP. if you get one you may not end up suffering from 'VAS' (vape acqusition syndrome, where you keep buying more vapes), will be happy with it for many years. from what I've read, the main thing that the mighty does better than cheaper hybrids is cooler vapor, so if that's not important to you, you're probably fine with spending less.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I agree with the others, if you use cannabis a few times a day or more, grab a Mighty from Puffitup and call it a day.

The overwhelming number of positive reviews speak for themselves. The vape couldn't get any easier to use, and truly functions well as a desktop or portable.

little maggie

I don't have a mighty but it seems larger than some of the others like the fury 2. The fury fits easily in my pocket as does the nomad but 5 inches is a bit large for that.

little maggie

Thank you all, you helped me a lot!
I think I will first take a fury 2 (or a potv one if they ship to europe) to start and maybe in the future I'll take a splinter to use mainly at home or with friends.
I think you'll be happy starting with a fury or potv. When you're ready for the splinter, check out the similar options like the iheat and imp or impcognito before you decide. All 3 are good but have different strengths.

Verax

I would echo the advice from a couple folks above, that since you are new to vapes, you aren't yet going to know what exactly is best for you yet, so best to go on the cheaper side to start, then add another after you know what style will suit your needs.

That being said, I'm going to talk out of the other side of my mouth and say that the Crafty is an awesome starter unit. It's super simple, produces great vapor, has some customization options both with temperature through the app, as well as mods for using with a water rig, and the awesome little dosing capsules. I just can't see any first timer being upset with that purchase. However, it's a decent chunk of $.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I would echo the advice from a couple folks above, that since you are new to vapes, you aren't yet going to know what exactly is best for you yet, so best to go on the cheaper side to start, then add another after you know what style will suit your needs.

That being said, I'm going to talk out of the other side of my mouth and say that the Crafty is an awesome starter unit. It's super simple, produces great vapor, has some customization options both with temperature through the app, as well as mods for using with a water rig, and the awesome little dosing capsules. I just can't see any first timer being upset with that purchase. However, it's a decent chunk of $.
If you know you are going to partake, I feel a lot of new vapers would be well served by spending the coin if they have it and buying a premium vape right out of the gate. $300 is a great budget, to target for a first quality vape and the Crafty/Mighty/MV1 sit nicely in that range. If they are going to go for lower cost, at least buy one of the more popular pocket vapes they could repurpose to out and about when they finally buy a quality vape.

If I started from scratch knowing what I know now, I would own a NewVape FlowerPot, a RBT Splinter Z w/XL8R cooling stem, a DynaVap M and something like the HealthyRips Fury 2 or an even less expensive tossable like the Vivant Ambit or FlowerMate.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
my first quality vaporizer at least 10 years ago was the standard model Silver Surfer and it's still one of my favorites. It's simple to use and provides the heaviest yet smooth hitting action of any others that I've owned. The standard model is no longer available but the spherical model is very similar and arguably improved. So I'd look at that; I think it's impossible to not like the surfer. In fact I like it so much that if I see one dirt cheap on craigslist I sometimes will pick it up and clean it and test it and pass it along to a friend. Other vaporizers I love that I recommend are the Underdog, Heat Island, Mistvape touch, magic flight launch box (a bit of a learning curve but worth it).

Top Bottom