• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

First vaporizer, beginner advice.

ThrowawayVaper8

Hi.

I used to smoke a lot, almost daily, but I stopped a few years ago becouse it was giving me too much anxiety and paranoia. I am getting into smoking weed again and I am looking to buy my first vaporizer, for health reasons and also becouse I have read that it gives less anxiety and paranoia than smoking. These are the things that I value in a vaporizer:

• I will use it mostly at home, but I want it to be portable, bonus points for being pocket size.

• I am going to use it alone, or with 1 other person.

• I value quality of vape and efficiency over portability or aesthetics.

• I prefer convection over conduction.

• I dont care about the smell.

• I value battery life, even better if I it is removable but this is not a deal breaker.

• No price range, but I would like the price to be justifiable.
I have been reading a lot and right now my favourites are the Mighty/Crafty, Arizer go and the Fury 2. The Fury 2 seems to be winning for me becouse it is as good as the others, but more portable and way cheaper.

Any suggestions?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Welcome to FC and the the vaping world!
You have done your homework! All three are solid choices. I can only speak directly to the Fury and Crafty, as I own both, but I follow the Argo thread and it seems to be a great choice if you want a removable battery.

The Crafty (I am assuming the Mighty is off the table because of size) is probably the least efficient out of the three. I find the Fury works really well with small amounts and a full oven. And if you pull out the stem when you are done with a session, you can go back later and have another good session with it. With the crafty, the taste is very degraded with a second session and burns thru the herb quickly.
It also takes a couple of minutes to heat up while the Fury is ready in under 30 seconds.
The Fury is also much smaller.

Personally, I think the first few draws of the Crafty are tastier then the first few hits of the Fury, but the flavor drops off quickly with the Crafty, while the Fury stays decent for longer. (Does that make sense?)
Again, another opinion, I find I can get more medicated with the Crafty, but not by any huge margin. This is an individual thing and will vary by person.

I have other Arizer vapes, and they are very efficient and reliable, and the Argo seems to be along the same lines. If a removable battery is at the top of your needs, this may be the right route.

Again, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the three - they are all solid choices, easy to use and reliable.
If I can answer any specific questions, please ask!

Vaporware

Get a ti tip vapcap, learn to use it,( took me a few days but I'm slow.) Then, Buy a fury 2. Easy puffs, you can just pass it around. This here will get you good and started. Report back - ( the rules around here) . Welcome, and Cheers, D.:D

The only problem there is the VapCaps lean more toward conduction (although the Mighty and Crafty are also hybrids...not sure about the Fury 2).

I still wouldn’t steer him away from a VapCap (I have one in my pocket right now), but it may not be exactly what he’s looking for.

I’d also consider some of the unregulated convection options like the Milaana, Splinter, iHeat, MVT, Li’l Bud, and especially the Nomad despite the long waiting list.

Vaporware,
Reactions: DirtyD

Vaporware

A vaporizer for home use, you say?

What rolls down stairs
Alone or in pairs,
And over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's.....

Good option for home, but he did say he wanted it to be portable. If he just meant something you can stick in a bag and take with you to use at a friend’s house or something like that, a log is a good option, but I think he meant something battery powered that he could use anywhere.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Good option for home, but he did say he wanted it to be portable. If he just meant something you can stick in a bag and take with you to use at a friend’s house or something like that, a log is a good option, but I think he meant something battery powered that he could use anywhere.

I know he did. But it's portable around one's house and yard (you'd need an extension cord for the yard, of course. Or simply a battery).

I'm not calling it a 100% solution though.

Also, I remember first going into it as a new vapor-convert, only wanting ultra-portable...but I later found that, though I need ultra-portable for when I'm out and about (like during the day with my commute to and from work), portables just don't really compare to desktops in power...and I'd never want to be limited to just an ultra- portable when I'm at home. This is something I wish I'd understood from the start (why I still needed a plug-in desktop vape).

Last edited:

Vaporware

I know he did. But it's portable around one's house and yard (you'd need an extension cord for the yard, of course. Or simply a battery).

I'm not calling it a 100% solution

Also, I remember I first went into it as a new vapor-convert only wanting ultra-portable when I was new to vaporizers...but later found that, though I need ultra-portable for when I'm out and about, like during the day with my commute to and from work, I eventually learned that portables don't really compare to desktops in power...and I'd never want to be limited to just an ultra- portable when I'm at home. This is something I wish I'd understood from the start (why I still needed a plug-in desktop vape).

Good point. In my first post I started to write something about seriously considering a desktop at some point. Since he said smoking was a bit too much for him though, I wasn’t sure throwing out all the heavy hitters at him was the best way to go to get started.

...but then I did mention some heavy hitting portables, so I guess we might as well just throw out a few of the heavy hitting desktop options too and see what he’s interested in. :D

Another portable I forgot to mention was the Tubo which has been getting a lot of love around here.

On the desktop front, my favorite is the NewVape FlowerPot, but logs seem to be a great option too, as are the Evo, Herborizer, Glass Symphony, Volcano and others I’m forgetting at the moment.

If you’re looking for something less likely to make you paranoid and anxious @ThrowawayVaper8 I’d take another look at conduction too. At least for me conduction vaporizers seem much less likely to be overwhelming than a powerful convection desktop for example, and having a very low tolerance right now it’s been an issue for me lately.

If you develop a higher tolerance though, the desktops we’re talking about may be exactly what you want. :)

Vaporware,

ThrowawayVaper8

Thank you for all the responses.

I like the idea of microdosing so I am between the Fury 2 and a Argo. I apreciate all the suggestions but I dont want anything bigger than a mighty. I want it to be kind of portable.

My main questions is if the price difference between the fury 2 and the argo is worth it. Apart from the removable battery, does the argo have any other advantages compared to the fury 2?

ThrowawayVaper8,
Reactions: Jill NYC

stickstones

Vapor concierge
but I stopped a few years ago becouse it was giving me too much anxiety and paranoia

I'm not sure vaping is going to give you different effects. You'll probably benefit from a better strain. You might also find that high temp vaping gives you less anxiety than low temp vaping. Either way, welcome back to the plant!

stickstones,
Reactions: Squiby

Doktor Dub

I think unregulated and Butane make good / great second Vapes but not so perfect as a first....

The Mighty is very solid and nice accessoires, that would make for a good first Vape. You could also take a look at the Minivap.

These two are not cheap.....

Doktor Dub,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I wasn’t sure throwing out all the heavy hitters at him was the best way to go to get started.

That's why I mentioned a log, because it doesn't have to be a heavy-hitter, and can be one of the best micro-dosers there is. It's been said before, and it's true, that you can literally vape a crumb with these logs, and most of em are smaller than a soda-can. Plus, on the microdosing side, I love the always-on (I never turn mine off when I'm home), and able to have a hit and move on with my business in 30-seconds or less.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

As far as portables go, more Dynavap vaporizers are definitely in my future, and I'm definitely holding out for a Nomad. And a flowerpot is, of course, definitely in my future!

Last edited:
Top Bottom