• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

First vape, should I get a portable or table top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently decided it would be much better for me to vape instead of smoking for the majority of my consumption. I've done a lot of research and I know what I want for the most part, but I can't buy both at once.

I'm pretty sure I want an MFLB for on the go and a Vapor Brothers (though I've toyed with DBV instead, I just really like the earthy, discreet look of VB) for at home. I would say probably 30%-50% of the time I'm smoking with at least one other person, the rest is alone. I know the MFLB, with its learning curve, is best for solo use. If I do get the MFLB, I'll probably get the power adapter so at least I don't have to worry about batteries at home.

I live alone so I can use openly at home, but again I like the VB because I could just leave it sitting in my living room and no one would notice.

So my question is, those of you who have more experience than me, which would you suggest buying first? Portable or tabletop?

intheweeds,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've recently decided it would be much better for me to vape instead of smoking for the majority of my consumption. I've done a lot of research and I know what I want for the most part, but I can't buy both at once.

I'm pretty sure I want an MFLB for on the go and a Vapor Brothers (though I've toyed with DBV instead, I just really like the earthy, discreet look of VB) for at home. I would say probably 30%-50% of the time I'm smoking with at least one other person, the rest is alone. I know the MFLB, with its learning curve, is best for solo use. If I do get the MFLB, I'll probably get the power adapter so at least I don't have to worry about batteries at home.

I live alone so I can use openly at home, but again I like the VB because I could just leave it sitting in my living room and no one would notice.

So my question is, those of you who have more experience than me, which would you suggest buying first? Portable or tabletop?

Get the MFLB with PA first. That way you have a good device for both home and on the go.

momatik

I suggest getting a home unit first if you're vaping with someone else up to half the time. And I think it's worth it to invest in a DBV over a VB because the price difference is small while the DBV features significant improvements in functionality and durability.

momatik,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I would go for the home unit. If you come from smoking a small device with a weak vapor production may disappoint you.

Roger D,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'd start out with something heavier if you're converting from smoking, plus the MFLB sounds a bit tricky to use for a newbie perhaps. Cheap(er) DBV's can be found at 7thfloor's ebay store: click me

A blemished UD (lost dog) for a 150 bucks might be something you'd want to look in to as well. It's a bit more conserving than the whip vapes while it still packs a good punch. If you already have a bong a more affordable Vapocane could do the trick as well if you don't mind using a torch and hot bits laying around.

OhTheAgony,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Why choose one or the other?

Get an Arizer Solo; you basically get a hybrid cyber-log vape that puts out vapor like a desktop but with enough battery to last you a day on the go. It's my recommendation for anyone who is getting a first vape and is not sure which vein to go with.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I had a friend who got an MFLB and now he is using my DBV and he is much happier with the DBV since, due to his combustion habits and high tolerance, the MFLB would always leave him aching for more.

I told him that he wasn't trying as he should, but still, i can tell he truly enjoyed the DBV. It is just easier to convert people with a more powerfull unit.

So, my experience tells me that it is harder if you just use a portable, but that also depends where you stand on using cannabis.

If you are an all day user, and you work outside your house, a portable is a must. If not, just get a good home unit. But not the VB, a log or a DBV/SSV/LSV is my recomendation.

vorrange,

natural farmer

It's 2012 and soon 2013! It's the era of the powerful portables! Solo made the start and can easily be used solo, in a big party, conservative or like a fog machine, through glass or straight from the stem. It does it all very well but it's not the best for every scenario. Now we have the INH though that is a Solo in steroids. Stealthier, punchier, more comfortable to use in every scenario and rapidly evolved! Why getting a home unit when you have so powerful portables that can easily bust your lungs? I can't find a reason myself except if I would have a mysterious urge to spend my stash quicker...

natural farmer,

max

Out to lunch
A home vape will be easier to use and also be more impressive in demonstrating the vapor high. Personally, I don't like the downward whip angle necessary on most box vapes, and would go for a Da Buddha in that price range. The VB doesn't really have a lifetime warranty, as they advertise- just 2 yrs. for free repair, making the 3 yr. DBV warranty a better one.

max,
Reactions: darkrom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom