First time with shatter

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Getting some shatter for the first time. Never done concentrates before.

I have a omnivap, divine trive v2, and a tubox. Also got hemp fiber.

I am a bit of a light weight, i dont want to get off my head. Was thinking of using my omni and putting a tiny amout of shatter on some weed.

Will that be too strong for a lightweight?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Sounds a great idea and no just do one heat cycle, see how you go, do another etc. You'll find you'll get loads more heatcycles per load when adding in oil. If you were gonna hit a big dab there's def a risk of over doing it but in a vapcap you should be fine

shredder

Just be careful on your heat up times when using hemp fiber. Too much heat can wreck the taste and is easy to do with hemp fiber.

Hit it right though, and the omni will rock concentrates. I love using mine for concentrates.

I use reshaped concentrate pads from my mighty to hold rosin in my Omni.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Shatter added to your herb and used in a flower vaporizer will prolong the vapor production. Sometimes you will notice the flavor of the flower is spent before vapor production decreases. You'll get well medicated but I agree with @Eatrocks a rig with a nail is the way to go with concentrates if you're at home, can do small dabs no problem!

psychonaut,
Reactions: shredder

stressed

Just be careful on your heat up times when using hemp fiber. Too much heat can wreck the taste and is easy to do with hemp fiber.

Hit it right though, and the omni will rock concentrates. I love using mine for concentrates.

I use reshaped concentrate pads from my mighty to hold rosin in my Omni.
i've had my omni for months. i go through 4 or more grams of shatter a month and i still haven't tried the darn thing with concentrates.

i'll have to try that next time.

i usually vape shatter through my herbalizer with an equal amount of bud. .05 of shatter and .05 of bud.

love me some shatter.

shredder

Man u gotta get a rig eventually

It's a slippery slope isn't it? All in all I think it's the best way to vape concentrates.

i've had my omni for months. i go through 4 or more grams of shatter a month and i still haven't tried the darn thing with concentrates.

i'll have to try that next time.

i usually vape shatter through my herbalizer with an equal amount of bud. .05 of shatter and .05 of bud.

love me some shatter.

I like my omni more for concentrates than any pen vape I've tried. Using a reshaped mighty concentrate pad as a wick gives me multiple hits, so it's like, load it in the am and hit it all day. And that's how I use mine. I've only tried two herb loads in it. Once just to try it, and once to show a curious friend.

Squiby

The Vapcap is a great way to vape shatter or rosin. I have two Vapcaps dedicated to concentrates; one vapes sativa and the other indicas and hybrids. I find that a light hit of a landrace sativa concentrate is more energetic and clear headed than vaping the bud equivalent. Great for getting things done and then some. The indica concentrate makes it easy to get a knockout dose at night.

Here is my approach to using a concentrate pad.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-628#post-1122587

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Thank you everyone for the advice.

Put an order in for some s&b concentrate pads. Did not know you could reshape them. Should be good to use in all my vapes with a little alteration.

shredder

Thank you everyone for the advice.

Put an order in for some s&b concentrate pads. Did not know you could reshape them. Should be good to use in all my vapes with a little alteration.

Good deal!

But be careful if you cut the pads like in Squiby's tutorial. Small pieces are loosened from cutting. The screen should catch them, but still.

I pulled the pads apart into roughly two equals pieces. Then rolled and pressed, with my fingers into a plug the fits snuggly into the heating chamber.

It sounds harder than what it is. But this way there aren't tiny pieces of loose wire.

ginolicious

Just use a very small piece. Smaller than a BB in my opinion. You’ll want 1-3 draws and that’s it. Test your tolerance to it.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom