• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

First time dabber

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Since joining FC I've been fascinated by concentrates. Today I went out and bought a little oil rig and did a few dabs of the only concentrate I have any experience with, the golden yellow scrapings of my Volcano parts. All I have to say is DAYUM!! I've got a bunch of ABV, i'm going to have to make some oil for myself. I think i'm going to try the ISO wash method first. Thanks FC!

Deadshort480,

farscaper

oh my... Your in trouble dude! Now that you have a rig there is nothing to stop u from making some fine errl. Ive dabbed plenty of LSV wand hash, but every batch of oil or wax gets better than the last!

Deadshort480

I just finished up a small dabbing session. I made my first ever batch of QWISO and everything came out pretty damn good. I used about 20 grams of ABV and ended up with 1.3 grams of thick, dark, gummy, oil. It vaped up pretty clean, but did not taste very good, that was expected. No coughing though and I am flying.

I think I'm off to a good start, but I see this turning into a monster. Thanks again to the community here at FC. I probably wouldn't have ever experienced the world of concentrates if I had never joined up here.

Tomorrow I attempt to make Green Dragon tincture... :D

Deadshort480,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Welcome to the party :rockon: Just wait till you make an oil run of flowers :ko:

farscaper

I did my first bho run with abv, then trim... I almost said fuck it cause the taste was gross... Then I did a flower run... I am almost exclusivly consuming my home made wax these days. LOVE IT!

farscaper,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Since joining FC I've been fascinated by concentrates. Today I went out and bought a little oil rig and did a few dabs of the only concentrate I have any experience with, the golden yellow scrapings of my Volcano parts. All I have to say is DAYUM!! I've got a bunch of ABV, i'm going to have to make some oil for myself. I think i'm going to try the ISO wash method first. Thanks FC!

Hey dude; your not the only one. I've never properly dabbed before, only used a nail twice and both times the lighter wasn't good enough. Today I got a very symbolic paycheque (to me at least) so to commemorate it I bought a HMK Ti-Curve at my local headshop.

Unfortunatly I only have low quality ABV oil at the moment but a friend of mine with good connections is going to get me some of the real deal. Can't wait to try it, but I'm worried - my tolerance is bad enough already and I don't want to make it even worse.

CentiZen,

weedemon

enthusiast
i can't wait till people's outdoor harvests come in! and I can start making premium bho again :)

I made a batch out of a bottle i use to clean all my vape glass with and i have been saving the bottle for nearly a year... that oil is amazing! much like your volcano oil I am sure! but it's fucking awesome! great oil for free, just for being a clean person! :D gonna tie me over till harvest i hope!! :)

glad you joined us and are having fun with concentrates dude! If i may point you in a direction, look into BHO (Butane as your source instead of iso). I think you are going to say wtf have i been doing with iso after :p BHO just tastes so much better (imo), and is faster too!

HMK (Hash MastaKut) is the man and has a great tutorial on how to do it! :)

Deadshort480

I'll be honest, I am very careful when it comes to prepping anything, but working with the butane makes me nervous. I know that eventually I will fold though.

Deadshort480,

farscaper

I really think that people use the scare tactic with tane... A little common sense goes a long way, IMO there have been a few horrific accidents that were committed by very very VERY stupid people.

Dont be scared to try something, just be cautious when doing it afyer the necessary research.

note: all my above is in reference to making bho, not consuming it, but i obveiously support bho lmao

farscaper,
Reactions: smokum

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
glad you joined us and are having fun with concentrates dude! If i may point you in a direction, look into BHO (Butane as your source instead of iso). I think you are going to say wtf have i been doing with iso after :p BHO just tastes so much better (imo), and is faster too!

I know exactly what you mean now. I had the pleasure of using my skillet with some very nice hash oil that my good friend got from his connections harvest. The taste - my god. I don't even care about my abv oil anymore. Like lemons and oranges. It was great. I bought a gram :)

But I'm looking now at the all glass extractors at my headshop and the one on planetvape. I know how to do it; got the whole rundown from the father of a friend while he was purging his and he told me how to do it safely; outside, no smoking/sparks, oven gloves and a big pot of boiled water; the whole shabang. For me it's more getting an opportunity to dedicate a few hours to doing the whole process without someone going "what's that?!"

farscaper

Honestly, my tec for run and purge of the vast majority of butane takes under 10 min... Hell, i was dabbing in under an hour today on some second run stash. I also will recomend a SS baster for first few runs since they take the temp change better if your running cold tane.

Maybe if anyone has intrest in the spacifics ill do a rundown, but there are alot of tec's out there to research.

Top Bottom