First run using Honey Bee Extractor?

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I believe I've heard copper is one of the worst metals you could use for a BHO extraction. Not 100% positive so do your own checking.
Yeah I've checked. It has to be clean and shiny. No tarnish. The tarnish is bad. I have not had one long enough to tarnish. If doesn't shine I get a new one. If it is good enough for drinking water...

DieHard,

Doug

Just passing time
I can fit a bit over an oz in a SSTB. Maybe I'm packing too tight, but the results are pretty good.

Doug,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I can fit a bit over an oz in a SSTB. Maybe I'm packing too tight, but the results are pretty good.
Where did you get said baster? Is it the regular one from BB&B that everyone boasts about?

DabComa,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Where did you get said baster? Is it the regular one from BB&B that everyone boasts about?
Yarp, I got one of those myself.

edit: I have one, not sure if that's the one he was talking about. Thought you were asking about stainless steel extract tubes in general, not the big run ones.

Quetzalcoatl,

Doug

Just passing time
I don't think they're packing enough in. If I put that in mine, it would end up being loose inside. The bb&b one is only one size.

Doug,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
I don't think they're packing enough in. If I put that in mine, it would end up being loose inside. The bb&b one is only one size.
Ok thanks for the info may look into grabbing one, just to test it, I pack pretty tight so I'll check it out and report back the differences.

DabComa,

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Recently bought another honeybee to get another lid since my old one broke, and I was surprised to find out that it comes with a new filtering material... I want to say it's SS mesh but it never confirms that anywhere and it has more of a fabric? feel to it. I tested it with some old ran through I had and the outcome was less then ideal. It seems to let way too much material through... I wound up with what looked like really really mashed up flower with an almost oil like consistency, kinda strange but definitely not good. I would suggest not using this material and stick to unbleached coffee filter circles that came with the original...

Unless of course you have real SS mesh.

DabComa,

Stiggy

How much material fits in that guy?
Ground up, 20-22 grams max. I have 2 of them. I ball up half an unbleached coffee filter and toss that in and pack it into the tube before adding the herb to prevent any material blowing out the top when the can is removed if there is still pressure. Theres no way you could fit an ounce or more in one of these SS basters from BB&B. Believe me, I've tried.

Last edited:

equatorgringo

Anybody have opinions on the glass extraction tubes on eBay for ~$15-$18 from private blowers/sellers? Are these things generally decent? They all look basically identical...

equatorgringo,

HerbalHighway

Anybody have opinions on the glass extraction tubes on eBay for ~$15-$18 from private blowers/sellers? Are these things generally decent? They all look basically identical...
Friend purchased a couple and said they were perfect. I think there's one seller who does various different types and sizes (biggest seller I can see on ebay). Would suggest getting one with a stand or wearing some very thick gloves as for with the glass it gets very cold and with the honeybee for example its fine.

You should get 1* Glass tube, 2* Mesh filter, 1* keck clamp and that other clamp to hold the mesh (forget name right now). Hope reply not too late to help...

equatorgringo

Friend purchased a couple and said they were perfect. I think there's one seller who does various different types and sizes (biggest seller I can see on ebay). Would suggest getting one with a stand or wearing some very thick gloves as for with the glass it gets very cold and with the honeybee for example its fine.

You should get 1* Glass tube, 2* Mesh filter, 1* keck clamp and that other clamp to hold the mesh (forget name right now). Hope reply not too late to help...

Thanks! Going to go ahead with that!

equatorgringo,
Top Bottom