• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

First oil pen question [710pen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max T

I just got a 710pen, my first oil pen, for my birthday. I tried it out today with a bit of difficulty. How much oil am I supposed to put in it? 2nd, I noticed when I dropped the oil onto the heating element and took the first pull of that load, it would rise off the heating element and return to its origination consistency in a ring. (presumably due to airflow) Do I have to ALWAYS make sure to put it all next to/ under the heating element? (I noticed that it worked a little better that way)

Thanks

Max T,

arrr

When you take the mouthpiece off the cart do you see what appears to be a funnel? If so you have the original. Also what kind of oil are you using? Is like wax (BHO)? If so just but about .2 right on the funnel and hold the power for about 5 seconds when the pen is in a vertical (standing straight up) position and then begin to hit it. Pull kinda slow and always hold the pen in a vertical position when you hit it and for a little while after you're done (while the oil is still warm). I get really large hits off my 710 pen.

arrr,
Reactions: cawshook

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
If I were you.... I'd buy an inexpensive digital scale so you can both weigh your cart empty and weigh it full to have an easy way to compare how much to add, as well as to find your 'own' personal session comfort zone and not be wasting or plugging your cart.

cawshook

Solod out.
I bough a mini a few days ago and I'm very much a beginner here. To make things worse this thing didnt come with a manual. Im using iso for now, but i should be upgrading to bho tomorrow. I need every bit of help here. How do I clean it and deal with any other maintenance issues? How can i get the most out of it?

Im sorry if Im not supposed to be using someone else's thread, but i just found this thread while searching for help on google.

cawshook,

cawshook

Solod out.
I visited their website and didnt scroll down and see the detailed instructions the first time. My bad.

cawshook,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
I own a 710 and have had good success w/ it. I use the tool that is included. Sometimes I will directly drop a dab on the coil, but usually not. Usually, I will load a piece w/ the tool into the bottom of the funnel. I then take the tool and jam it down through the hole next to the coil. At this point I will heat up the coil, which in turn heats up the tool - making it easier to manipulate the material in the funnel.

I have filled the funnel up about 1/8" to a 1/4" w/ good success. Sometimes it will get clogged, but a really strong pull while heating will create an air pocket and allow normal use.

I tried cleaning w/ pipe cleaners and iso, but the pipe cleaners left little 'hair' everywhere. Now I just use iso and toothpicks/skewers. I have soaked my oven in iso to clean/restore w/ good success, but don't know if it's recommended. I like how the cart disassembles for easy cleaning.

The only real prob w/ this thing that I've had is the weak connection on the base where the batt connects/is wired into the power button. Sometimes this would come apart in my pocket. I added a couple drops of adhesive, resealed and never had more issues.

I would still like to know what batt this is for cheaper replacement options.

Snake Plissken,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
The regular 710. I was told it was a little larger capacity and size than the norm. Both links look like the right batt, just want to make sure it matches the cart. Thanks

Snake Plissken,

mlo4sho

The regular 710. I was told it was a little larger capacity and size than the norm. Both links look like the right batt, just want to make sure it matches the cart. Thanks

To be honest I'm not completely sure exactly which one it is. All of the batteries I linked will work with that cart/atomizer setup, but since you have the regular size only the first two links are relevant. I'm assuming you need a 900 mAh battery, but I am just guessing (900mAh should be around 3.5" long whereas the 1100mAh/1300mAh as listed on FT are closer to 4" long). If you measure your current battery you should be able to tell which battery capacity/size will suit your needs. Get the highest capacity you can while maintaining the same or similar size as your current battery. :peace:

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
thanks. The battery is 3.5". At the price from the links, I might get another backup battery or 2. While I am happy w/ the pen, I would still upgrade before spending much more on it as I use a fair to middlin' amount of oil. I like the funnel carts, but would like a larger ceramic cup to travel with.

Snake Plissken,
Reactions: mlo4sho
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom