First glass for cloud evo?

Blackrose

Hi,
I have just got my Vapexhale cloud evo, being my first vape I'm pretty happy with it.

I am now looking to buy some glass to use with it, I've been looking at some of the recommended glass items on dhgate and have narrowed it down to a few, I want one with the least flavor loss, low draw resistance and a good size so can get reasonable sized hits from it, but don't want huge one.

The glass pieces I've been looking at are:
FC-187 V2 from stevenlmz79
GB-187-S from yingmin5, lumin88 or luka87, is there any difference in the quality between these sellers?
D020-2-W from Sunshinestore or GB-288-F from yingmin5 or lumin88, these appear to be same except for the connection?

Which of those would be best option for least flavor loss, low draw and good hits?

I like the sidecar mp design on those ones

Another one I thought looked interesting was the D-recycler from Cleanclearglass http://www.dhgate.com/product/ccg-2...ortex/376454545.html#s1-4-1a;searl|2669696286

How would it compare to the others mentioned above?

Also the FC-UFO from Stevenlmz79 looks very interesting, I like the idea of being able to use it with a mp or whip, how does it compare in quality and function to the others mentioned? How would it compare for flavor loss and draw?

There is also the FC-MOD which looks interesting, however would the FC-MOD main chamber be large enough when used without the ash catcher?
It is hard to tell from the pics, is the main chamber much smaller then the other ones mentioned above? Are there different stem/perc available for FC-MOD?

Are there any other glass pieces I should consider that might be as good or better than those mentioned?

Thanks
K.D

Blackrose,

howie105

I found there is a trade off with the glass I use, with more diffusion meaning smoother hits but less taste. However like most vape stuff it comes down to user expectation and use.

howie105,
Reactions: Blackrose

Blackrose

I found there is a trade off with the glass I use, with more diffusion meaning smoother hits but less taste. However like most vape stuff it comes down to user expectation and use.

Would any of the ones mentioned have less diffusion than the others? or would they all be pretty similar?

Blackrose,

howie105

Would any of the ones mentioned have less diffusion than the others? or would they all be pretty similar?

I think similar is the right word. Take a look on dhgate for diffusion pumps for some examples of lower diffusion pieces. In my case I am happy with an old 10" cheap plain down stem bong. However I am a classless cheap bastard and real easy to please. Good Luck.

PS: I left out the part where I tell you I don't have an Evo (I wish) so my reply is very general and possibly full of STUFF.

Last edited:
howie105,

Blackrose

I think similar is the right word. Take a look on dhgate for diffusion pumps for some examples of lower diffusion pieces. In my case I am happy with an old 10" cheap plain down stem bong. However I am a classless cheap bastard and real easy to please. Good Luck.

PS: I left out the part where I tell you I don't have an Evo (I wish) so my reply is very general and possibly full of STUFF.

Thanks all advice is appreciated :) and that is very helpful, I had not looked at diffusion pumps, the FC-Rattle Can from stevenlmz79 looks very interesting, and sounds like it would preserve flavor much more than others mentioned, so that could be one to get.
Pity there is no lower diffusion option for the FC-mod it would make it very versatile, with the other different options.

Are there any pieces you recommend? Favorites you have?

Blackrose,

virtualpurple

I have the FC-UFO and love it. Especially nice that you can swap out the mouthpiece for a whip.

I am also a big fan of the standard D020 and FC-Cake. They are smaller than the UFO and will be easier to pass around but you could also run a EVO->whip->UFO->whip setup and just pass the whip around. That's usually my favorite setup if I'm with a circle of people.

virtualpurple,

stoneleopard

If you really want to hold on to all of the taste, the evo does come with a glass mouthpiece already. It really works quite well, as long as you don't mind a bit of heat and harshness.

howie105

I am down to four pieces of water glass with the current fav being a 10" triple honeycomb straight tube used with minimal water. However I agree with Stoneleopard for max flavour a dry stem is a good choice.

howie105,

Blackrose

I have the FC-UFO and love it. Especially nice that you can swap out the mouthpiece for a whip.

I am also a big fan of the standard D020 and FC-Cake. They are smaller than the UFO and will be easier to pass around but you could also run a EVO->whip->UFO->whip setup and just pass the whip around. That's usually my favorite setup if I'm with a circle of people.

Thanks for your reply :) the FC-UFO with it's versatility was right up the top of the list, however the more I look into diffusion pumps and the FC-Rattle can, I'm leaning towards that one now.

Reading through the Custom glass ideas/designs thread it's a pity the DP-UFO/Cobra Can didn't end up getting produced it looks very interesting.

If you really want to hold on to all of the taste, the evo does come with a glass mouthpiece already. It really works quite well, as long as you don't mind a bit of heat and harshness.

I have been using the glass mouthpiece, it does work very well and is very flavorful but can get a little harsh at times, now thinking of getting the FC-Rattle can for when I want to hit it a bit harder.

I am down to four pieces of water glass with the current fav being a 10" triple honeycomb straight tube used with minimal water. However I agree with Stoneleopard for max flavour a dry stem is a good choice.

Thanks for your help and tips, I'll do some more reading the next couple of days, thinking I'll likely order the FC-Rattle can unless I find better option in the next few days.

Blackrose,
Top Bottom