First e-nail, Liger or D-nail halo?

detroit_fan

I've read tons, but it's so hard choosing between these 2. I only do small dabs, and don't dab everyday, so I'm sure either would handle my needs, but you guys have so much more experience with them that I'd like your opinion please.

Between the 16mm liger with sic or the sic halo, what would you guys suggest for a first purchase?

Thanks for any advice.

detroit_fan,

Baron23

I've read tons, but it's so hard choosing between these 2. I only do small dabs, and don't dab everyday, so I'm sure either would handle my needs, but you guys have so much more experience with them that I'd like your opinion please.

Between the 16mm liger with sic or the sic halo, what would you guys suggest for a first purchase?

Thanks for any advice.
Well, first...I would say between the 20 mm Liger w-SiC and the D-nail SiC Halo.

Either really. D-nail is a bigger company and you may have a better order and CS experience there, but both devices (I own both) are excellent....but they are also a bit different.

For you, occasional dabber and no glob dabs, just pick one and you will be fine either way.

detroit_fan

Well, first...I would say between the 20 mm Liger w-SiC and the D-nail SiC Halo.

Either really. D-nail is a bigger company and you may have a better order and CS experience there, but both devices (I own both) are excellent....but they are also a bit different.

For you, occasional dabber and no glob dabs, just pick one and you will be fine either way.
Thank you. The 20mm liger is more than i want to spend, it'd be more than double the cost of the 16mm. Being an occasional dabber, I just can't justify the extra cost. If the the 16mm is not recommended, I'll probably go with the halo

detroit_fan,
Reactions: ataxian

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Thank you. The 20mm liger is more than i want to spend, it'd be more than double the cost of the 16mm. Being an occasional dabber, I just can't justify the extra cost. If the the 16mm is not recommended, I'll probably go with the halo

To be honest if you can't justify the cost of a 20mm setup and you're only an occasional dabber, get a pen. The Liger and Halos are arguably the 2 best/top end nails on the market, IMO WAY overkill and a very unnecessary cost as an occasional use tool....if you can't justify the cost diff of the 20 to 16.

That being said, if you feel you're going to increase your dab usage once you get a good setup, id go with the Halo, less parts, less fuss, less cleaning, less dialing in, less issues with the company. You will lose a little flavor, again IMO, but its way less to mess with if you only occasionally dab.

I wouldn't ever bother with any 16mm as its quite a bit smaller and if you ever find yourself wanting to go bigger with your dabs, the 20 would be the way to go....although the Halo can take more than the Liger at the end of the day.

detroit_fan

Thanks ensabbahnur, I appreciate the reply. I do currently have a w9 pen i use, and was thinking about getting a dt-3 too. I'll stay clear of the 16 liger, and go halo.

detroit_fan,

Baron23

To be honest if you can't justify the cost of a 20mm setup and you're only an occasional dabber, get a pen. The Liger and Halos are arguably the 2 best/top end nails on the market, IMO WAY overkill and a very unnecessary cost as an occasional use tool....if you can't justify the cost diff of the 20 to 16.

That being said, if you feel you're going to increase your dab usage once you get a good setup, id go with the Halo, less parts, less fuss, less cleaning, less dialing in, less issues with the company. You will lose a little flavor, again IMO, but its way less to mess with if you only occasionally dab.

I wouldn't ever bother with any 16mm as its quite a bit smaller and if you ever find yourself wanting to go bigger with your dabs, the 20 would be the way to go....although the Halo can take more than the Liger at the end of the day.

@detroit_fan - this ^^ is a great post on the subject. Personally, I don't like pens but for an occassional user or to supplement your flower consumption, they work well.

Source and their Nail atomizers on a box mod work pretty well and are more affordable and more forgiving (with an enail, you have to have a controller, a hot exposed coil, carb cap, etc). Atomizers....well, you can use them, clean them up a bit, but when they get sour just toss them as they aren't generally that expensive.

Also, I believe that Liger is out of the 16 and 20 mm SiC inserts and they are being discontinued in favor of Obsidian which is even more money.

Looking at the current state of things....if you still want an enail, get the D-nail Halo with SiC. You must get their carb cap and I suggest the forked dabber/handle for it.

Also, if you go D-nail, there is no need to get their controller/coil. I use their coils but these stuff can be had cheaper from other brands (Auber Instrument's RDK-300 is one I recommend) for much less money.

detroit_fan

@detroit_fan - this ^^ is a great post on the subject. Personally, I don't like pens but for an occassional user or to supplement your flower consumption, they work well.

Source and their Nail atomizers on a box mod work pretty well and are more affordable and more forgiving (with an enail, you have to have a controller, a hot exposed coil, carb cap, etc). Atomizers....well, you can use them, clean them up a bit, but when they get sour just toss them as they aren't generally that expensive.

Also, I believe that Liger is out of the 16 and 20 mm SiC inserts and they are being discontinued in favor of Obsidian which is even more money.

Looking at the current state of things....if you still want an enail, get the D-nail Halo with SiC. You must get their carb cap and I suggest the forked dabber/handle for it.

Also, if you go D-nail, there is no need to get their controller/coil. I use their coils but these stuff can be had cheaper from other brands (Auber Instrument's RDK-300 is one I recommend) for much less money.
Thank you. Would you suggest the source orb or slim? I was also looking at the divine tribe v3. thanks for suggesting the RDK-300 i was looking at the 200.

detroit_fan,

Baron23

Thank you. Would you suggest the source orb or slim? I was also looking at the divine tribe v3. thanks for suggesting the RDK-300 i was looking at the 200.
The RDK-200 is fine and I never really use the additional features of the 300.

I have an Source Orb 4 and its a pretty dang good atomizer/coil set up. I run it on a box mod (Eleaf in my case). I really can't compare to the slim as I have never used one.

I do have DT 2.5 (the non-rebuildable one) and its pretty dang good. I also run that on the Eleaf.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

If you went with the D-Nail Halo Sic with carb cap, you would spend $195 or $180 minus the fork dabber.

Another thing you have to look at is the heater coil price. Do you have a flat coil, 16mm coil or 20mm coil? 20mm and flat coil are the two most popular and common coils size.

D-Nail Halo Set up
$80 for SiC Halo
$40 for Slim Base
$60 for V2 Carb Cap - A must have if you buy D-Nail Halo. Otherwise, this system feels broken
$15 for Fork Dabber

Liger 16MM Set up $138

$89.99 Silver 16mm Liger with SiC
$29.99 Tsunami Carb Cap
$17.50 Ball Dabber

You may be able to find a cheap glass carb cap at your LHS.

detroit_fan

The RDK-200 is fine and I never really use the additional features of the 300.

I have an Source Orb 4 and its a pretty dang good atomizer/coil set up. I run it on a box mod (Eleaf in my case). I really can't compare to the slim as I have never used one.

I do have DT 2.5 (the non-rebuildable one) and its pretty dang good. I also run that on the Eleaf.

Thanks again, I think I'll grab a new pen. Is the eleaf in your sig (iStick TC 100) the one you use with the orb and dt?

If you went with the D-Nail Halo Sic with carb cap, you would spend $195 or $180 minus the fork dabber.

Another thing you have to look at is the heater coil price. Do you have a flat coil, 16mm coil or 20mm coil? 20mm and flat coil are the two most popular and common coils size.

D-Nail Halo Set up
$80 for SiC Halo
$40 for Slim Base
$60 for V2 Carb Cap - A must have if you buy D-Nail Halo. Otherwise, this system feels broken
$15 for Fork Dabber

Liger 16MM Set up $138

$89.99 Silver 16mm Liger with SiC
$29.99 Tsunami Carb Cap
$17.50 Ball Dabber

You may be able to find a cheap glass carb cap at your LHS.

Thanks, Im checking out a couple local places tomorrow.

detroit_fan,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I don't want to stray you too far from these two choices, however, having been down the road you've gone down, I may offer you a potential shortcut. Do you have a desktop flower vape? I assume you vape mostly flowers as your oil consumption is low. If not, you might want to look at the NewVape flowerpot. It not only comes bundled with everything you may need, but you can order things separately if you want to purchase some of the equipment from other places. The Flowerpot has the ability to vaporize flowers and concentrates, either separately or together.

If this is of no interest to you, the dnail halo with their carb cap is an excellent setup! I would highly recommend to focus on the SiC dish versus the others. I've had mine for well over a year and it's enjoyed daily use as my primary device. I believe the wik technology combined with the design of the dnail carb cap provides very efficient and tasty vapor.

psychonaut,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I don't want to stray you too far from these two choices, however, having been down the road you've gone down, I may offer you a potential shortcut. Do you have a desktop flower vape? I assume you vape mostly flowers as your oil consumption is low. If not, you might want to look at the NewVape flowerpot. It not only comes bundled with everything you may need, but you can order things separately if you want to purchase some of the equipment from other places. The Flowerpot has the ability to vaporize flowers and concentrates, either separately or together.

If this is of no interest to you, the dnail halo with their carb cap is an excellent setup! I would highly recommend to focus on the SiC dish versus the others. I've had mine for well over a year and it's enjoyed daily use as my primary device. I believe the wik technology combined with the design of the dnail carb cap provides very efficient and tasty vapor.

I agree. If i had to choose between the 16MM Liger SiC w/any cap and D-Nail SiC Halo w/v2 carb cap, I would choose D-Nail SiC halo all day. I still use my D-Nail SiC Halo in my Flowerpot Wrap-Around set up and love twaxing. I use my 30mm Liger w/sapphire for the tasty expensive stuff.

@detroit_fan if you go Halo route, you MUST get matching V2 carb cap from D-Nail. Nothing else will work! just go read the d-nail thread as many have looked and failed. The hive carb cap is an possible option i heard.

Likes2vape

I agree. If i had to choose between the 16MM Liger SiC w/any cap and D-Nail SiC Halo w/v2 carb cap, I would choose D-Nail SiC halo all day. I still use my D-Nail SiC Halo in my Flowerpot Wrap-Around set up and love twaxing. I use my 30mm Liger w/sapphire for the tasty expensive stuff.

@detroit_fan if you go Halo route, you MUST get matching V2 carb cap from D-Nail. Nothing else will work! just go read the d-nail thread as many have looked and failed. The hive carb cap is an possible option i heard.
The tag carb cap will work on the dnail SiC halo. It’s what I used for over a year before I broke down and bought th dnail carb cap. The dnail cap makes such a great seal with with their halos that I do recommend getting one but if you’re trying to be cheap (like me) the tag carb cap does work.

Likes2vape,

matthend

damn, didnt realize the 16mm liger could be had for <100 with SIC dish. That is tempting, but I am hard pressed to justify replacing the old faithful 710whip that has served me without issue for the past 2.5 years. OP, I would definitely consider this if I were in your shoes, by far the best $100 I have spent in years!

Top Bottom