First Concentrate Portable - 510?

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Hypothetically speaking, if you hadn't owned any portable concentrate vapes and could only obtain one (for the time being ;)) serious 510 concentrate tank to pair up with a TC box mod, which would you choose? So far I've considered the Divine Crossing v3, Saionara, and Hercules. A concern of mine is coil longevity, which I know the Herc has everyone else beat at, but I don't feel like I would be using them at the higher ends of their tolerances. However, other factors such as flavor and vapor production are almost as important. Divine Crossing is supposedly where it's at if you want flavor, but I'm not sure how well it would perform if I want a thick, heavy-hitting cloud of vapor ASAP. I'm a big fan of "mid" temperatures and like a fine balance between flavor and vapor production. I know that the Saionara has adjustable airflow, but can it be adjusted during use? I feel like it'd be a good option for someone (like me) who is used to playing with temperatures and carb caps.

I'm open to any other suggestions, though my budget wouldn't allow for anything more expensive than the Herc (which would still be pushing the limit). I am also open to different styles of vaporizers, and by that I don't mean "pens" or any kits like that. I mostly want to go the mod route because I'm coming from an enail and want temperature control, but I am still open to a learning curve. 14mm GonG compatibility is also always welcome, but not worth the sacrifice for function. My budget for a 510 vape would be around 60 dollars (still willing to consider the Herc), $120 for a standalone internal-battery or butane powered unit, and $100 for a standalone unit that would require 18650s/similar batteries. One particular vape that caught my attention was Dan Morrison's new project, but for now I would like to focus on cheaper options which are currently available. With all the options out there, I can't quite tell what I need.

P.S.: I don't need to vape herb... For now.

Last edited:
Marihuana,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Dan's piece of art will be way beyond your budget. Unsure why you would be ok to pay more for a device with internal battery when swappabe 18650's is definitely a desirable trait...

I'd go for a sub $40 box mod (Pico, evic VTC mini or dual, RX75 etc) and get the Divine Tribe atty. Apart from the cleaning and eventual leakage, I only see happy campers in that thread.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I originally planned on going the eVic route, which will only run me $28. What kind of battery life should I expect from a dual mod compared to a single if I'm not going beyond 20-30 watts? To clarify, my budgeting for removable battery devices was accounting for a set of 18650s and a charger. I do not have them yet, I just neglected to mention it. Didn't really mention Dan's new vape in reference to budgeting, more so due to openness to unregulated devices. I'm not holding my breath on its release, but if the finished product is as good as I hope it is, I'll end up with one.

Marihuana,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Ok, makes sense.

Consider the evic Dual then, you can convert it at will between single and dual cell setup and it's not bulky like some dual cells devices are. The Cuboid ain't bad either.

My advice would be to select a mod that is compatible with custom firmware (myevic or ArticFox) as this greatly improves the TC stability and smoothness.

KeroZen,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom