Firewood Vaporizer

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I like where your heads at Vapenvy!
I think I'll get the line up out and practice all weekend! :rockon:
Looking like the Zion will be auditioning for the line up next week!

Ha ha. Good idea.

I have been practicing with the fw3 this weekend...

From what i am reading in the zion thread, if you have a zion on the way, you better make use of this weekend for nano practice, otherwise you may never get a chance. Well at least for a while.

Still waiting for my number to be called at cult Zion, but i am in no hurry.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
That would be perfect actually! I'm an American, but I measure out my leatherworking stuff in metric. It's more precise that way, I feel. Thanks man!

Sorry for no getting back to you earlier... I see you already got helped by some fellow woodheads , thanks for helping! :)
Had too much of work and the got distracted by a very, very fine FW session that blew me away..

has anyone else tried the mod with the nano stem from eds tnt? I was looking to see hows its working out for everyone, as the vapor from the FW3 is too hot and harsh for my liking

I ordered a FW nano stem and a Wong from @edstnt. Still in the works.
You checked out the post and pics some pages back ? Can remember who posted it...
In the meantime I'm using it with a dabstorm glass MP attached with a piece of silicone tube (no smell or taste from that):
747Fxot.jpg

Very nice, cool and smooth! :)

Last edited:

dac13

I was curious if anyone knows where I can check my order status. I saw some people previously posting about checking when their order changed to shipped but I'm not sure how to check it. I just ordered one on friday and I know he usually needs a couple days before shipping so I didn't expect it to be shipped already just wondering how to check. Thanks :tup:

dac13,

Wesmac33

I was curious if anyone knows where I can check my order status. I saw some people previously posting about checking when their order changed to shipped but I'm not sure how to check it. I just ordered one on friday and I know he usually needs a couple days before shipping so I didn't expect it to be shipped already just wondering how to check. Thanks :tup:

You should've gotten an order confirmation via email, which has a link at the bottom of the email saying "track the status of your order"

dac13

Gettinbetter

Well, I just ordered one after reading up on this thread. Seems like a great device. I only have experience with the E-Nano so far so am looking forward to using this portable. I ordered an extra capsule but I would have loved to get an extra mouthpiece too. Unfortunately they were out of stock.

Wesmac33

I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to leave it on the charger over night?
Don't want to damage the batteries or anything.

Wesmac33,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Can't really be too sure about longevity yet but I normally always have my Firewood charging. Even after a bowl I may just put it back on the charger considering it didn't even go down to the third battery buzz.

I've been doing this since I've had my unit.

I'm doing an extensive video on the FW, anything I should cover? I will be talking some in this video so suggestions are really welcome unless you guys just want me to focus on the big capsule none of you have. Besides the big bowl I will also show production of the gH UD and VAP3 to prove to you skeptics and jokers that the FW is just as good.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
My batteries are still good since October and I charge overnight about 4-5 nights a week for 8 hours probably. These are really good batteries IMO. I bought the same exact ones for my 2 battery packs for about $22 shipped I think.

Here is a link for where I bought the batteries if anyone is interested-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817356050&Tpk=17-356-050

And here is the link for the battery packs that paytonpenn found for us all-
http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=7726858

dac13

My batteries are still good since October and I charge overnight about 4-5 nights a week for 8 hours probably. These are really good batteries IMO. I bought the same exact ones for my 2 battery packs for about $22 shipped I think.

Here is a link for where I bought the batteries if anyone is interested-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817356050&Tpk=17-356-050

And here is the link for the battery packs that paytonpenn found for us all-
http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=7726858

Thanks for the battery link @nosmoking, and @paytonpenn for the battery holders. I was wondering whenever you plug the battery pack into the FW if it has a high/full charge, will it run off of the internal batteries or the battery pack? or both?

I've heard overall the battery life is pretty good so I was planning on just using it normally with no battery pack unless it got to low battery and I was out somewhere and didn't have time to wait for it to charge. I just wasn't sure if you guys just use the battery holder all the time, or what situation is the battery pack the most useful for? Thanks sorry for all the questions :p

@paytonpenn you might want to put a short section in your extended video about the battery holders and how they work with the FW. I saw you had a couple points about them pages back when you first got them and I found them helpful

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I never use them unless low on battery and I don't have time to charge. When the battery pack is plugged in you are just using 8 batteries instead of 4. The draw off the batteries is the same (just divided equally amongst each battery) so if your 4 batteries in the unit are fully charged when using the battery pack all 8 batteries would lose some charge during each session but should only lose about half as much as if you did not have the battery pack. I hope this makes sense...I'm getting supremely medicated today!

nosmoking,
Reactions: dac13

dac13

I never use them unless low on battery and I don't have time to charge. When the battery pack is plugged in you are just using 8 batteries instead of 4. The draw off the batteries is the same (just divided equally amongst each battery) so if your 4 batteries in the unit are fully charged when using the battery pack all 8 batteries would lose some charge during each session but should only lose about half as much as if you did not have the battery pack. I hope this makes sense...I'm getting supremely medicated today!

Thanks, that thoroughly answered my questions. I will be ordering some of the batteries you posted and the holders paytonpenn posted. it's cool that the technology works like that and allows the battery pack

throwawaytre3s

This FW3 is a beast.
Going on 2 days and still haven't thought about reaching for my pax or Air.
bought this while waiting for my grasshopper, but this could easily be my daily driver for a while.
Loving this thing. :rockon:
That's awesome man! I should be getting mine tomorrow... I'm definitely excited for it!

Mulehead

This FW3 is a beast.
Going on 2 days and still haven't thought about reaching for my pax or Air.
bought this while waiting for my grasshopper, but this could easily be my daily driver for a while.
Loving this thing. :rockon:

I bought mine while waiting as well.
Now I wonder why I still have a GH preorder, as the fw3 has filled my portable needs.
My first true portable to satisfy, or scratch that itch so to speak.

Spocks_Katra

so ive been trying to use my FW3 more and more to try to get some type of technique developed and I cannot for the life of me understand why I am getting almost NO vapor, Ive tried different draw speeds, different draw TYPEs (sip vs wide open but slow) Ive tried bumping up the heat levels, Ive tried using it through water, absolutely NOTHING has worked.
Over the past couple weeks my bottom button has been failing to recognize ~85% of my presses. I try to turn it on, nothing, I have to press it extremely hard for it to register. sometimes I will click twice and it will buzz 3x etc.
Well tonight I tried to use it and now it will not even start up, it turns on and buzzes 6 times , 4 times in a row, for 24 total buzzes. it will not turn on at all anymore except to repeat this buzzing. Ive emailed them to see what can be done but this is just extremely frustrating, I LOVE the form factor of this vape, and love the wood, but I have had nothing but problems from the start, and I still fail to get any quality vapor.

I just dont know what to do, this is extremely frustrating

dac13

Got my firewood last night. wow I agree with @throwawaytre3s . Hit the spot and in love.

I took it out of the box, no charging necessary. bumped the temperature adjustment up 4 clicks. packed a capsule 3/4 full and turned it straight up to level 3.

after 5 seconds i took a draw and didnt get much of anything. realized i might be going a little too fast, so I slowed down on the second draw and boom got a very tasty but thick cloud. I handed it off to my friend who doesnt even own a vape and told him to just draw slowly until he could feel the heat building up and his first draw he got a cloud and then said "I need to buy one of these".

Personally I am most surprised by how small the capsules are, its always hard to tell from pictures and videos but when you have it in front of you it's like wow these capsules are small and don't hold much, but amazingly they just keep hitting.

Well done @firewood . I'm very impressed and I know multiple friends who will be ordering one after they try mine

Also I think it is easier to learn the technique of the firewood on a higher heat setting and then once you kind of learn the draw speed/technique, you can experiment more with lower temp vaping. If you start at a lower temp, sometimes its harder for your mouth to feel the heat which can make getting a successful draw hard for some people with no vaping experience

Last edited:

CarrotWarrior

so ive been trying to use my FW3 more and more to try to get some type of technique developed and I cannot for the life of me understand why I am getting almost NO vapor, Ive tried different draw speeds, different draw TYPEs (sip vs wide open but slow) Ive tried bumping up the heat levels, Ive tried using it through water, absolutely NOTHING has worked.
Over the past couple weeks my bottom button has been failing to recognize ~85% of my presses. I try to turn it on, nothing, I have to press it extremely hard for it to register. sometimes I will click twice and it will buzz 3x etc.
Well tonight I tried to use it and now it will not even start up, it turns on and buzzes 6 times , 4 times in a row, for 24 total buzzes. it will not turn on at all anymore except to repeat this buzzing. Ive emailed them to see what can be done but this is just extremely frustrating, I LOVE the form factor of this vape, and love the wood, but I have had nothing but problems from the start, and I still fail to get any quality vapor.

I just dont know what to do, this is extremely frustrating

Hope to hear back from you soon, warrantying a unit sucks and I'm taking sweet care of mine until that happens.

Do you have any backup vapes?

@dac13

Welcome new firewooder :tup:

I love the 3/4 temps for quicker sessions and the first and second temps I've been using lately for rationing.

Does anyone clear a capsule on temp 1 or temp 2. I've heard of people just taking hits at the lower temps and clearing or caramelizing it on 3/4 :goon:

Wondering if people just use flat out the first or second temp till the capsules fully drained :science:

Top Bottom