Firewood Vaporizer

firewood

Manufacturer
What is the difference between the power supply adapter and the charger that comes with the firewood? Can anyone tell me the voltage/amperage/wattage of the power adapter?
The power supply adapter specs are 5V @ 3A. The charger is more complicated - it chargers at 400mA and has sensor to detect when charging is done. The vape needs close to 3A to vape, so the charger just does not supply enough current. The power supply, on the other hand, has enough juice to vape but is not smart enough to do the charging properly.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:ninja: Perhaps Firewood would consider marketing a mini/micro version for those o' US who like to stay under the radar, & off the grid...

A Stealth version.

(PS rounded edges, also, please for the fine feeling; as well as the eye candy factor. iFF you don't mind a suggestion, or too....)

Last edited:

coflycasr

ren.dnb

Good review. The only thing i would add is to push the screen in the capsule up a little bit. I found it fsirly easy to combust with the screen all the way at the bottom and found the taste better when pushed up a notch. The only downside is it takes a little longer to heat up. IMO it is a good trade off

Added that into my review... I started doing that as well when I read about it on Saturday night. Really helped with the combustion. Loving this vape so far, and this week its my GOTO...

ren.dnb,

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
I'm so torn between this and a flowermate. I love how small the following on this vape is and how well its made. I'm hoping there is a sale soon again for this beauty. I'd rather have a wooden american vape then a Chinese vape. I will keep my eyes open for one of these sexy units on sale I must have it!!:evil:. My girlfriend would kill me if I drop another 100 on a vape so my fingers are crossed :D. can anyone here who has both make a little comparison??? Maybe my man @paytonpenn??

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Firewood wins in almost every aspect except its not automatic, but I don't find that to be an issue, and the battery life isn't as great. But also not an issue. And Marc does deliver great customer service. In my opinion it depends on your usage style, if you have any questions about either PM me I will give more detailed information.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
We have the two devices in our household now and they are so different it would be unfair to compare them really. The FM is rock solid with nothing to break, it's braindead to use, so easy any newbee can get it without needing any introduction, it's compact, nicely designed, has incredible (initial) battery life and on top of that it's bloody cheap... but the pros stop here.

For the FM cons: it's fixed temperature (although properly regulated), taste degrades pretty fast (a good deal of conduction going on) and for now we have no clue what the material used are and the air intake path is not completely sealed... I also suspect that one of the two batteries will degrade pretty fast as it's sitting very close to the bowl.

Now the FW (2.1) is a completely different beast! I'm not specially a wood-loving guy (I much prefer living trees than dead ones) but I have to admit the FW is a nicely made object. It's compact too but bigger than the FM. It's made of (as far as I'm aware) safe materials, the air and vapor paths are free from electronics, there is glass inside...

But it's a tricky device seriously. I wouldn't recommend it to a newbee and I don't pass it around, it's my very own personal vaporizer. There is a learning curve, as you have to get used to the heating element power (ie how fast it heats up and how fast it decays when you draw) and basically you end up with a fluctuating temperature point that swings up and down around the vaporization temperature range. So you kinda get the whole spectrum at once, or can focus on a narrower band (if you are skilled!)

That plus the clear convection transfer method and the glass path makes the FW taste pretty good and strong, that is... until some tiny spots start to blacken inside the load and start compromising the whole taste. For now I got the impression this happens more with tiny particles, leading me to think a coarser grind would be better.

At first I was very frustrated by the FW but it excels at small/micro loads and if you want a "quick fix" it allows you to get there pretty fast (more 40 secs than 20 secs though) I use it when I'm in a hurry and can't afford to do a 20+ minutes session with my Ascent (or when it's charging) So it definitely fills one of my needs.

But it's hard to fully extract the load and the battery capacity is not meant to do long sessions. Also you need to be careful not to overheat the device. I'm a bit affraid it will char with time... Ah and due to the NiMh used, charging is very long too. That should conclude the cons.

Different needs, different solutions? :)

EDIT: Ah and on both the vapor path is very short, but on the FW the vapor can get uncomfortably hot, I had to extend the drawing stem by pluging a spare Ascent straw in the provided silicone tubing.

ren.dnb

I've never used one. But I would trust Marc over a random company..

Me too.. Marc has been so gracious since I've been talking to him. And I feel like I didn't just gain someone who I can buy vapes from, but he's also very personable and I like talking to him (especially about his vape); so I feel like I've gained another friend. f

But yeah.. the Firewood is very well built. I've had mine almost a week and its certainly taking care of me. I'm about to post my 1 week anniversary review in my review thread over at GC. GC certainly seems interested in this thing so far =)

abhishek

Hello
I have a original FW ver 1...can u guys give me some cleaning tips..inside its getting all greasy..

abhishek,
I'm so torn between this and a flowermate. I love how small the following on this vape is and how well its made. I'm hoping there is a sale soon again for this beauty. I'd rather have a wooden american vape then a Chinese vape. I will keep my eyes open for one of these sexy units on sale I must have it!!:evil:. My girlfriend would kill me if I drop another 100 on a vape so my fingers are crossed :D. can anyone here who has both make a little comparison??? Maybe my man @paytonpenn??

Different strokes for different folks, but for my uses, I think Firewood slaughters the Flowermate due to its higher temperature roof. IMHO the Flowermate gives up before an acceptable level of doneness, while my FV 1.0 can get to very high temps with very little difficulty.

Also, it's pathetic that a e-cigarette giant like Smiss will happily sell you a vaporizer with zero warranty, while a stand up dude running a grass roots mom-n-pop company is willing to give us great warranty service. Thanks Marc.

SoBlown

Hey there FC. Long time lurker here, looking to exchange a V1 Firewood for V2.1. I bought the upgrade on the site, but haven't received details on returning the V1 to Marc. I've sent Marc a couple of PMs but no reply. Anyone know if I should just bubble wrap the V1 and mail to Firewood address? I'm not sure if Marc has a preferred method of shipping the V1 to him.
Thanks in advance. Can't wait to upgrade this baby!

SoBlown,

firewood

Manufacturer
Hey there FC. Long time lurker here, looking to exchange a V1 Firewood for V2.1. I bought the upgrade on the site, but haven't received details on returning the V1 to Marc. I've sent Marc a couple of PMs but no reply. Anyone know if I should just bubble wrap the V1 and mail to Firewood address? I'm not sure if Marc has a preferred method of shipping the V1 to him.
Sorry for the delay, I just PM'ed you.

grokit

well-worn member
I thought the upgrade was only for v2.0 to v2.1 :huh:

node13

How do you guys carry your Firewood? I'm currently using the box that it came with, but I want to get a nice bag for it.

node13,

grokit

well-worn member
How do you guys carry your Firewood?
2ecKFuc.jpg

A pocket works well too :D

Does anyone know if it is to late to get the power supply deal with the Firewood 2.1? I am thinking of getting one off massdrop and but I am still looking to get the best deal I can from it. Money is pretty tight these days unfortunately :\

bambithedeer,
Reactions: $unnyblaq

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Got my 2.1 upgrade yesterday. Heats up much faster/better than my 2.0 did. Now to get my technique down. Thanks for the upgrade @firewood !
:tup:

Madcap79,
Reactions: $unnyblaq
Top Bottom