• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Both, but the lock on stems seem to require more heat unless you can find a super skinny oring or something to properly seal it, I find better results with the capsule flipped.

I just tested to see if it would fit for science.

stuartambient

Both, but the lock on stems seem to require more heat unless you can find a super skinny oring or something to properly seal it, I find better results with the capsule flipped.

I just tested to see if it would fit for science.
Alright cool. I watched the stem video at Hammer and it was confusing as to if the material is loaded into the stem itself or not. From your answer I'm hearing the stem is loaded.
Might be something to try, there's a few decent hardware stores around here that might have a suitable o-ring. Being a non-Hammer person (aka no Hammer) I would just order the kit from them but will have to think if it's worth it or not.

stuartambient,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Its not worth it in my opinion, the hammer stems work well but the default capsule flipped setup works perfect in comparison.
And if you had a hammer it only takes 30 second to get clouds, versus the extra minute or so to get the fw hot enough for the hammer stems. And I have noticed primarily the center gets vaped, so stirring would be needed.

stuartambient

Its not worth it in my opinion, the hammer stems work well but the default capsule flipped setup works perfect in comparison.
And if you had a hammer it only takes 30 second to get clouds, versus the extra minute or so to get the fw hot enough for the hammer stems. And I have noticed primarily the center gets vaped, so stirring would be needed.

I wonder if there is a glass tube out there with the right dimensions that your solution might work with. So in other words same solution but instead of the MFLB tubing, some glass tube?

stuartambient,

Trever

V.2 impressed the hell out of me. I'm getting 5 good sessions with full extraction and huge clouds 6th being a lil whispy before she runs out of batter. Thank you so much Marc for testing out my original unit and sending me this one she sure is a perdy thing:love:

DKits

I've had the massdrop walnut 2.0 for about a week now, although it could've been more - this vape's been getting me pretty 'minty' ... Still working on my technique as I keep wanting to pull faster for larger clouds but that causes a bit combusting a bit on the button, stirring after each hit or two takes care of this. However, I just tried inverting the bottom chamber screen and then using a dabber or paperclip to push down the screen into a shape like the end of a cylinder. This seems to help with the heat.

All said and done, this wacky dugout blows most of my vape experience out of the water. Like trever I am beyond impressed (this walnut just feels right) and thus excited for Firewood's future..

3rdstar

Have to say I'm not impressed with this device(version 2). Only barely works. After a week the charger failed. Got a new one but now the box only gets 1 to 2 sessions. Since it takes 2 to get me where I want to be this thing is useless. Got a crack but it works a little bit better with it so.... what ever. Seen a video on here and mine works nothing like it ... no clouds, not even a mist . Thought it might be what I'm vapen but got some good and still only so so. After a month and a half I feel gypped. Wonder what the makers thoughts on returns are? Most likely this will end up in the trash. SAVE SOME MONEY AND LOOK ELSE WHERE

I emailed service@firewoodvapes.com about this hairline crack that formed the first day I got the Firewood. I didn't get a response back yet. Now honestly, I didn't notice the crack until the end of the day so I don't know if it came out of the box cracked or heat caused it. The crack is right around where the firewood gets really hot.

6NMFMvZ.jpg

EDIT: The device is still fully functional, forgot to mention.

mine is cracked just like this only it works a little better with it.....should I have it fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
3rdstar,

firewood

Manufacturer
.....should I have it fixed?
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. The thought of you throwing it away makes me want to cry.

Regarding that crack, there was one batch in the first week of production where we had a problem in one of the router steps. We changed the way we do that step and the issue is 100% fixed now and was only on that batch. Whether you want to send that in for a free fix under warranty is up to you though. The crack is only a visual defect and won't affect functionality.

It sounds like you may have another issue though, possibly a bad battery. We can definitely fix that for you. I'll pm you...

jayson

Have to say I'm not impressed with this device(version 2). Only barely works. After a week the charger failed. Got a new one but now the box only gets 1 to 2 sessions. Since it takes 2 to get me where I want to be this thing is useless. Got a crack but it works a little bit better with it so.... what ever. Seen a video on here and mine works nothing like it ... no clouds, not even a mist . Thought it might be what I'm vapen but got some good and still only so so. After a month and a half I feel gypped. Wonder what the makers thoughts on returns are? Most likely this will end up in the trash. SAVE SOME MONEY AND LOOK ELSE WHERE

mine is cracked just like this only it works a little better with it.....should I have it fixed?

I had a defective unit upon my first purchase early on when they were first being shipped and your experience sounds exactly like the problem I was having. Marc quickly exchanged mine for a new unit and it was a night and day difference.

It's producing very thick vapor clouds in under 40 seconds now. I'm really impressed with 2.0 model.

Aristosseur

Hello, I first read about first version firewood on vaporents on reddit and I was looking for a portable vaporizer at the time (my only experience was with a friend's torchlighter vaporizer). The reviews convinced me and I got in the first massdrop. I have to say that it's a great little machine, the only minimal drawbacks being loading and the screen. I got into the second massdrop and I can't wait to try the other version out when it arrives. Recently I tried an MFLB and I have to say that firewood beats it in every aspect except heatup time, but that is greatly offset by having to use a battery for each trench.

ZackM

No matter what I do my herbs combust while there is still green. I also get mad herb in my mouth. Could it be im drawing to slow or what? How do i know when the bowls spent

ZackM,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
No matter what I do my herbs combust while there is still green. I also get mad herb in my mouth. Could it be im drawing to slow or what? How do i know when the bowls spent
There is a screen mod here in this thread that may help with your 'herb in the mouth' problem. I usually consider my bowl spent when I get a burnt popcorn taste but everyone is different. You'll learn what level of 'doneness' you prefer as you vape more. Welcome to FC. Read through the thread. A lot of good info. :wave:

Madcap79,

Trever

Sounds to me your loading to much in the capsule. I had that problem when i would fill it over halfway.

Trever,
Reactions: Madcap79

ZackM

Sounds to me your loading to much in the capsule. I had that problem when i would fill it over halfway.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I just loaded the capsule halfway, shook the device every now and again, and stopped when vapor production lowered and I got that burnt popcorn taste. When I unloaded the capsule the herb was green, light brown and dark brown in different areas, not very even. Should me herb be an even brown or is this what I should be expecting?

Last edited by a moderator:
ZackM,

Trever

I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I just loaded the capsule halfway, shook the device every now and again, and stopped when vapor production lowered and I got that burnt popcorn taste. When I unloaded the capsule the herb was green, light brown and dark brown in different areas, not very even. Should me herb be an even brown or is this what I should be expecting?

If your technique is right you should be getting fairly even avb. If the bottom section of your capsule is getting done quicker its usually being packed to tight or your inhaling to hard. Try a few different things

Trever,

stuartambient

Stirring would be a good thing but I don't trust the screen and think it will move, spilling material onto the heater. I can't get the screen to really "stick" as in resin builds up and holds it in place, for instance like on my DBv. Usually when I unload the screen moves pretty easy.

So I think stirring would help distribution but then again I'm probably over loading as well (usually though 50% full and not packed tight.

stuartambient,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Black. The taste is really off when combusting just a few flecks for me. Ideally your ABV is some shade of brown, depending on how well you want it vaped.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So I broke the capsule while trying to move the mouthpiece. Not all bad news because I have discovered a mod I am getting more fond of.

I am currently using the screen connected to the mouthpiece. With the tubing that came with the V2 I snipped it in half and slid it on the opposite end (where the chamber is) over the domed screen.
Also the domed screen was place over the glass mouthpiece beforehand.
6f02mPk.jpg

Now I am using the thin silicone stems that came with my UD and I like this much more than the glass capsule. Also removed the screen from the inside of the Firewood.

Last edited:

stuartambient

So I broke the capsule while trying to move the mouthpiece. Not all bad news because I have discovered a mod I am getting more fond of.

I am currently using the screen connected to the mouthpiece. With the tubing that came with the V2 I snipped it in half and slid it on the opposite end (where the chamber is) over the domed screen.
Also the domed screen was place over the glass mouthpiece beforehand.

Interesting looking contraption there. Are you saying that tubing came with the FW v2? Wasn't any in mine.

Does that whole thing fit in the FW chamber and are there any down sides to having the silicone that close to the heater?

Any chance you'd make a video of this working?

Lastly what is a UD and if this is something that enhances the FW where could i purchase their stems?(if you know)

This looks interesting, wonder if it would fit the FW or be any use to it http://underdogvapes.com/05376

Thanks
SA

stuartambient,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
stuartambient said:
Interesting looking contraption there. Are you saying that tubing came with the FW v2? Wasn't any in mine.
I believe some came with mine, because this size of the tubing is not like any I have from any other vape. But I have used MFLB tubing to get it on but it was definitely more difficult, I wish I knew sizes.
I didn't buy this V2 so he may have started sending them out differently when he released them.

stuartambient said:
Does that whole thing fit in the FW chamber and are there any down sides to having the silicone that close to the heater?
No downsides of having it close to the heater. But it is difficult to get out at times so it is recommended to empty the herb with the silicone still in the chamber.

stuartambient said:
Any chance you'd make a video of this working?
Here's to hoping the uploads successfully in an hour

stuartambient said:
Lastly what is a UD and if this is something that enhances the FW where could i purchase their stems?(if you know)

]This looks interesting, wonder if it would fit the FW or be any use to it http://underdogvapes.com/05376
UD is short for Underdog which is a log vape.
http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/silicone-tubing You are going to want the thin size
Those will definitely not, only thin sized tubing for the underdog will fit.

Also my firewood is finally starting to show a teeny tiny crack.

EDIT:
You may want these http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/cork and I would recommend asking Dave for a protective tube that you would get with the Simple Glass Stems so you can preload and travel. Putting a nail or something in the cork makes getting the chamber out easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom