Firewood Vaporizer

shredder

That's a nice pic!

I'm very satisfied with the FW6 with the use of 1/2 " screens.

It's a nice pocketable convection vape! Great flavor and clouds.

Room for improvement, like many convection vapes, is to figure out a way--keeping portability--to cool the vapor more. It's not hot. But not cool either.

I haven't used mine in almost two weeks because of a nasty cold, but my last sessions were all at 360°F start to finish.

I controlled the temp more with my draw speed, and time between hits. Slower hits = warmer. Not fast by any means, but cooler, and I still got nice dark abv.

shredder,
Reactions: moondog
I messed up my button already :(
The click isn’t there, I looked inside and maybe a little nub scraped off from hard squeezing. It still works somewhat, and it was hitting very hard today:rockon:

Edit: Anyone got a link for the best WPA? Just medium SonG from 3DDelta?

Edit Edit: Well now the button is working again. Weird

Last edited:
GRUBBRUPET,
Reactions: shredder

ArthurJ

I had an issue last week, it seemed stuck and I couldnt squeeze the unit to activate the heater. I opened it up, slid the poker tool/storage cover out and slid it back in, put it back together and it worked fine. So I think it's possible for that tool to protrude slightly and prevent proper operation. Seemed like a rare occurrence.

Trulukkyphrank

I had an issue last week, it seemed stuck and I couldnt squeeze the unit to activate the heater. I opened it up, slid the poker tool/storage cover out and slid it back in, put it back together and it worked fine. So I think it's possible for that tool to protrude slightly and prevent proper operation. Seemed like a rare occurrence.
I had the same ''issue'' one time. The storage cover was just not well seated so it did stand out a little bit.

I dropped my unit 2 times already on wood surface, no damage at all on the unit, just the battery got loose both times. First I was in panic because it doesn't work with a loose battery, but it is easy to fix by myself just pulled a little bit on the contact near the heater and it worked like new.

I wonder now how the contact near the heater is fixed on the circuit board? Is there any way to damage it if pulling?

shredder

I wonder now how the contact near the heater is fixed on the circuit board? Is there any way to damage it if pulling?

Why would you pull on it?

The battery contacts it, but when you remove the battery it breaks the connection but doesn't pull on it.

shredder,

Trulukkyphrank

Why would you pull on it?

The battery contacts it, but when you remove the battery it breaks the connection but doesn't pull on it.

So I dropped my device, after the drop something got moved and the battery was loose in there (I think the contact that acts like a spring got pushed togehter because of the drop). That means the battery got room to move, so no connection from plus to minus pole of the battery that electricity can flow.
To fix this problem I pulled the spring contact part near the heater to make sure the battery sits tight again, plus and minus pole are connected because I pulled the contact.
Do you understand now? Sorry if its unclear I find it difficult to describe

Easywider

Simple is the way
Same thing happened to me the other day. I picked up the fw off the counter and it wasn’t locked. Clunk went the heater portion on the floor. Battery flattened the contact terminal. I’ve had this happen anytime I’ve dropped my elite. The heaviest thing in these devices is the battery and they have no problem flattening the battery contacts when dropped.

Trulukkyphrank

Same thing happened to me the other day. I picked up the fw off the counter and it wasn’t locked. Clunk went the heater portion on the floor. Battery flattened the contact terminal. I’ve had this happen anytime I’ve dropped my elite. The heaviest thing in these devices is the battery and they have no problem flattening the battery contacts when dropped.
And how have you fixed it?

Trulukkyphrank,

L0RDVAP0R

So I just bought a firewood 5 and I'm really struggling getting to perform well. How do I know if the the levels have been stepped up or down?

L0RDVAP0R,

shredder

So I just bought a firewood 5 and I'm really struggling getting to perform well. How do I know if the the levels have been stepped up or down?

Read the instructions. It repeats to you to tell you where it's set, when you've set it.

Don't be in a hurry when clicking it, give it a little time between clicks. And a good 3 seconds after your done clicking before you start something else.

After playing with it, you'll get more familiar with the click/buzz system.

Remember to wait on a buzz to hit it, then take a long, but slow draw to start getting vapor. It's like your coaxing out vapor, by drawing slow. Breath control is key with this vape. When you release it, the FW6 will make a turn off buzz.

Faster draws are cooler and could set off the draw senser. So if you hear buzzes mid draw that's likely what it is.

Maybe the best advice would be to go back and read some pages here. Your not the first one to be confused, but once it "clicks" most people get very comfortable with the system.

Brewervapesalot

Clean it well.
Replace the orings.
Replace screens.
New battery to spec.

Once all that is done, you'll be ready to play:

Pack bowl loose. Then tamp a bit. Add a little more. Tamp again.

Set on level 4, per instructions.

Engage heater.

Wait 3 or 4 seconds.

Draw at medium to slow pace, increase draw speed until sensor vibrates then back off on draw speed.

Adjust draw speed and/or bowl pack as necessary to your liking.

Then once you've got level 4 performing, try lower temp settings.

It's really a friendly to use device so long as you pack and draw within reasonable limits.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Added this for home use:

https://ibb.co/DQt5kkR

Cools the vapor with a longer vapor path and large glass mouth piece...

Edit: MUCH cooler vapor, and although not portable and looks stupid... I think I much prefer it.

Edit #2: doubles as a nice water pipe adapter, real easy

I made myself very similar tool. Originally for use with my Grasshoppers, I now use it with all my vapes in some form or another. It does make a big difference. Since I'm only using it at home I don't care what it looks like.

Brewervapesalot

I made myself very similar tool. Originally for use with my Grasshoppers, I now use it with all my vapes in some form or another. It does make a big difference. Since I'm only using it at home I don't care what it looks like.

Yup, you're got it well before me. It's nice. I'm officially liking the firewood 6 with a stupid look silicone and glass looking sperm tail.... oh my lord, so ridiculous

https://ibb.co/gS62RBv

moondog

Yup, you're got it well before me. It's nice. I'm officially liking the firewood 6 with a stupid look silicone and glass looking sperm tail.... oh my lord, so ridiculous

https://ibb.co/gS62RBv
I've always loved the phrase used by the test pilots who fly all sorts of weird machines, hoping it stays in the air: "What's beautiful is what works."

Trulukkyphrank

How do you guys clean the fw6?

I have found a very easy way for me:
- brush the screen after some bowls
- When I see reclaim at the top end of the mouthpiece, I take the glass tube out und hold it under hot water(~60°C) until it's clean
- when the screen is very dirty and a brush doesn't help I take it out and hold it also under the hot water.
- I don't clean the bowl at all

This is all I make this now since over a month and it works like day 1. I never had such an easy vape to clean, except for dynavaps.

Trulukkyphrank,

shredder

How do you guys clean the fw6?

I have found a very easy way for me:
- brush the screen after some bowls
- When I see reclaim at the top end of the mouthpiece, I take the glass tube out und hold it under hot water(~60°C) until it's clean
- when the screen is very dirty and a brush doesn't help I take it out and hold it also under the hot water.
- I don't clean the bowl at all

This is all I make this now since over a month and it works like day 1. I never had such an easy vape to clean, except for dynavaps.

I pop out the bowl and soak it in iso, same for the screen. I made some basket screens that I've been using so I have extras while one soaks.

The bowl otoh I only soak a short time, then poke around a pipe cleaner while its wet with iso. I poke the pipe cleaner from the top and on the its side in the bottom hole. When I'm satisfied its clean, I rinse with water and set to dry.

I use iso and a pipe cleaner for the glass stem as well. Then rinse with water and dry. I clean it fairly often, usually at most battery swaps.

Ive found I like the performance better when I keep the screen clean. Even a partially plugged screen makes a difference. Cleaning at a battery swap is easy to remember, and accomplish really. It only takes a few minutes. Marc gave us pipe cleaners as a hint I think, I use two each cleaning, and always have iso around.

Trulukkyphrank

I pop out the bowl and soak it in iso, same for the screen. I made some basket screens that I've been using so I have extras while one soaks.

The bowl otoh I only soak a short time, then poke around a pipe cleaner while its wet with iso. I poke the pipe cleaner from the top and on the its side in the bottom hole. When I'm satisfied its clean, I rinse with water and set to dry.

I use iso and a pipe cleaner for the glass stem as well. Then rinse with water and dry. I clean it fairly often, usually at most battery swaps.

Ive found I like the performance better when I keep the screen clean. Even a partially plugged screen makes a difference. Cleaning at a battery swap is easy to remember, and accomplish really. It only takes a few minutes. Marc gave us pipe cleaners as a hint I think, I use two each cleaning, and always have iso around.
Wow I'm impressed of your routine! Thanks for sharing.

And yes, a clean screen is the key for good performance. I think if more than about 10% is plugged the performance drops significant!

Trulukkyphrank,

shredder

Is everyone adding herb mid session? To me thats one of the FW6's best features. The first few hits after adding herb seem to coat my mouth with terpenes. The taste is pretty good as is though. I think it might be my best tasting vape.

shredder,
Reactions: Easywider

moondog

So I got my FW6 a few weeks ago but the rest of my life has been conspiring to draw my attention elsewhere. It's only since we started the new year that I have been able to try it out.

First off, let me second those who have mentioned how frackin' gorgeous this thing is. The things Marc can do with wood are just phenomenal. Inspired by Jill's pics I asked for a similar 2-tone motif and the results are lovely. The workmanship and feel are up to the very high usual Firewood standards. Everyone who sees my FWs is blown away by them.

I spent some time changing the temp settings to approximate what I've been using with my FW4. It was a bit confusing at first - compounded by having to learn how to click the button so that the FW would understand what I was asking for - but I got it sorted out after a few tries. Big thanks to all those who posted helpful clarifying instructions on that procedure.

For my first run I loaded a 1/2 bowl - maybe a little less - and tamped it down a bit (not something I usually do with a convection vape). It was pretty confusing at first as I was getting all these weird seemingly random series of buzzes while drawing. One source of confusion is that the FW6 shutoff buzz is much shorter than on the FW4. With Marc's guidance I realized that the FW6 shut off buzz is only a little longer and stronger than the regular signaling buzz. I got very little vapor - mostly just wisps - and the effects were not very pronounced. But I chalked this up to the learning curve that comes with any new vape.

I tried a second run the next day. I filled the bowl slightly more than 1/2 way and tamped it down quite a bit more. I got much better vapor and effects, but still got the shut off buzz in the middle of one of my draws; most probably because I let up on the switch without realizing it.

I was in contact with Marc during this time period. He responded quickly and was most helpful with suggestions and guidance.

Another issue for me is that it is difficult for me to keep squeezing the FW6 during my long draws. I was hoping my diminished hand strength wouldn't be an issue but it seems as if that might be the case. I'll have to keep experimenting. If it ends up not being right for me I'm not too worried. I've got a friend who is totally psyched to buy it from me.

If I do end up having to send my FW6 to a new home I am not going to bum out because I love my FW4s (yes, I have 2 of them) and I am even happier with them since I received my custom FW4 capsule loading tray from Ratchett at Delta3D studios. I sent him one of my FW4 capsules for measuring and he created a loading tray configured like the ones he has on his site for other vapes, but it fits the FW4 caps perfectly! This great little tool allows me to load up to 4 caps at once with no chance of them tipping over. It ended up being a bit expensive because I paid the custom programming costs but it is SO completely worth it to me. It makes the loading process at least 1,000% easier (no, I'm not exaggerating ;)). If you have and use a FW4, I cannot recommend this tool highly enough. I believe that now that Ratchett has created the program for printing the FW tray he can easily print up more. He's very busy these days so there might be a little bit of a wait, but his customer service is on par with Marc's so you have no worries there.

Bottom line: Although I am still climbing the learning curve on the FW6, I think it is another great Firewood vape, even if the new button functions aren't exactly right for me. If anyone has any tips or ideas for overcoming my issues with holding the button for the length of a draw I'd love to hear them.

~moondog

caseball2051

So I got my FW6 a few weeks ago but the rest of my life has been conspiring to draw my attention elsewhere. It's only since we started the new year that I have been able to try it out.

First off, let me second those who have mentioned how frackin' gorgeous this thing is. The things Marc can do with wood are just phenomenal. Inspired by Jill's pics I asked for a similar 2-tone motif and the results are lovely. The workmanship and feel are up to the very high usual Firewood standards. Everyone who sees my FWs is blown away by them.

I spent some time changing the temp settings to approximate what I've been using with my FW4. It was a bit confusing at first - compounded by having to learn how to click the button so that the FW would understand what I was asking for - but I got it sorted out after a few tries. Big thanks to all those who posted helpful clarifying instructions on that procedure.

For my first run I loaded a 1/2 bowl - maybe a little less - and tamped it down a bit (not something I usually do with a convection vape). It was pretty confusing at first as I was getting all these weird seemingly random series of buzzes while drawing. One source of confusion is that the FW6 shutoff buzz is much shorter than on the FW4. With Marc's guidance I realized that the FW6 shut off buzz is only a little longer and stronger than the regular signaling buzz. I got very little vapor - mostly just wisps - and the effects were not very pronounced. But I chalked this up to the learning curve that comes with any new vape.

I tried a second run the next day. I filled the bowl slightly more than 1/2 way and tamped it down quite a bit more. I got much better vapor and effects, but still got the shut off buzz in the middle of one of my draws; most probably because I let up on the switch without realizing it.

I was in contact with Marc during this time period. He responded quickly and was most helpful with suggestions and guidance.

Another issue for me is that it is difficult for me to keep squeezing the FW6 during my long draws. I was hoping my diminished hand strength wouldn't be an issue but it seems as if that might be the case. I'll have to keep experimenting. If it ends up not being right for me I'm not too worried. I've got a friend who is totally psyched to buy it from me.

If I do end up having to send my FW6 to a new home I am not going to bum out because I love my FW4s (yes, I have 2 of them) and I am even happier with them since I received my custom FW4 capsule loading tray from Ratchett at Delta3D studios. I sent him one of my FW4 capsules for measuring and he created a loading tray configured like the ones he has on his site for other vapes, but it fits the FW4 caps perfectly! This great little tool allows me to load up to 4 caps at once with no chance of them tipping over. It ended up being a bit expensive because I paid the custom programming costs but it is SO completely worth it to me. It makes the loading process at least 1,000% easier (no, I'm not exaggerating ;)). If you have and use a FW4, I cannot recommend this tool highly enough. I believe that now that Ratchett has created the program for printing the FW tray he can easily print up more. He's very busy these days so there might be a little bit of a wait, but his customer service is on par with Marc's so you have no worries there.

Bottom line: Although I am still climbing the learning curve on the FW6, I think it is another great Firewood vape, even if the new button functions aren't exactly right for me. If anyone has any tips or ideas for overcoming my issues with holding the button for the length of a draw I'd love to hear them.

~moondog

As far as helping with the squeeze... Could you try experimenting with rubber bands of different sizes and different amounts around the unit?

In my mind I'm seeing these bands as not strong enough to complete the squeeze... But strong enough to do most of the work for you.

Just an idea, good luck.

Top Bottom